How is the Aquadunk?

Anna Chassereau

DIS Veteran
Sailing on the Magic for the first time next June...How is the Aquadunk? Is it terrifying? We love the Aquaduck on the Dream/Fantasy...definitely going to try out the Aquadunk but I'm not gonna lie I'm a little nervous about the whole dropping straight down thing:scared:Might have to have a few drinks of the day before I try it out lol

Also are adults allowed to use the twist and spout slide?

Last edited:
Aquadunk was OK. To be honest, I couldn't see clearly while over the side, so it wasn't any different to me than a drop slide at a land water park. The scariest part is just the unknown if you haven't done it before. Not as scary the 2nd time around.

It’s fun, but wear something to protect your back. The seams in the tube are killer. My oldest daughter still has a scar on her back from riding it in 2015. We saw so many people with red marks and scrapes on their backs when coming off of it.

Aquadunk was OK. To be honest, I couldn't see clearly while over the side, so it wasn't any different to me than a drop slide at a land water park. The scariest part is just the unknown if you haven't done it before. Not as scary the 2nd time around.

Haha glad to know it's not so scary the second time around!:) I agree I'm sure it is the unknown that's scary!

It's enjoyable. Not very fast or scary. My litmus test is one of my children who hates scary rides and was reluctant to try it. She worked up the courage, did it once, and said it wasn't scary at all and wanted to go again.

Terrifying in all the best ways.

I've never been on a drop slide elsewhere, so it was very intimidating on the first go. If you can work up the courage, though, it's a lot of fun. I just wore a regular swimsuit and didn't get scratched up or anything, but I make a point of taking a dip in the pool before going down any water slide to make sure my skin and swimsuit are already wet.

It’s a blast. On my 40th Birthday 5 night cruise I did it over a hundred times. This was right after the Magic was reimagined. If you go on it a lot, the life guards get to know you and really mess with ya, dropping you early or really late. In 2016 I didn’t ride it as much, but it was still a blast.

One tip they gave for a cleaner drop in and more speed was to stand on your tip toes, crazy thing was it made a huge difference

Will they let you wear a fitted T-shirt? (Bathing suits I like are so hard to find, I’d hate to tear one up)
I’m not sure. After getting so torn up, my girls were selective about which swim suit they wore (they had a couple with lots of cross-crosses in the back, which gave a little padding), or they put a rash guard on before getting in line.

In the spirit of "Pirates OTC," perhaps DCL will introduce keelhauling in the new ships. Walking the plank is risky and not an exact science as yet. Being shot out of cannon is out of the question...too much paperwork.
Now, about the Aquadunk, it is a great experience for me to watch others do it. Cruise on...

Sailing on the Magic for the first time next June...How is the Aquadunk? Is it terrifying? We love the Aquaduck on the Dream/Fantasy...definitely going to try out the Aquadunk but I'm not gonna lie I'm a little nervous about the whole dropping straight down thing:scared:Might have to have a few drinks of the day before I try it out lol

Yes, adults can use twist and spout, and that's the only slide I'm willing to use on the Magic. The Aqua Dunk is too intense for me. I get scared while waiting for the chute to open, and I don't enjoy the sensation of falling.

That said, the falling sensation only lasts a moment and then you're horizontally sliding through the slide, which can be enjoyable. It's all over very quickly. My son likes it, but it isn't for me.

My daughter didn’t like it. Neither did my husband. He said it scratched his back up and she said water got up her nose. So bring a shirt and some nose plugs if you want to try. They were both one and done. We’ve done the magic several time and they both enjoy the twist and spout water slide which is a bigger adult version of the yellow Mickey slide the kids have on the Dream.

Yes, adults can use twist and spout, and that's the only slide I'm willing to use on the Magic. The Aqua Dunk is too intense for me. I get scared while waiting for the chute to open, and I don't enjoy the sensation of falling.

That said, the falling sensation only lasts a moment and then you're horizontally sliding through the slide, which can be enjoyable. It's all over very quickly. My son likes it, but it isn't for me.

Yay good to know adults can use it!:)

Will they let you wear a fitted T-shirt? (Bathing suits I like are so hard to find, I’d hate to tear one up)

I haven't tried it yet (it was too cold in the Baltic on our last cruise on the Magic) but I highly recommend a swim shirt/rash guard even more than a T-shirt. It was much more comfortable on our last cruise on the Fantasy when standing in line for the AquaDuck because of wind. You just don't feel quite as cold getting out of the water and standing around as you do in a bathing suit, you are protected from the sun and don't need to worry about reapplying sunscreen and if you get one with a zippable pocket, you can put your KTTW card in it. They dry faster than T-shirts and are typically made of reasonably robust material so less likely to tear up or catch on something than a cotton T-shirt. Also usually made with nice flat seams so more comfortable. I don't know why I didn't discover these years ago but I now own 4-5 different ones with different collar heights and sleeve lengths.

It’s fun, but wear something to protect your back. The seams in the tube are killer. My oldest daughter still has a scar on her back from riding it in 2015. We saw so many people with red marks and scrapes on their backs when coming off of it.

My daughter didn’t like it. Neither did my husband. He said it scratched his back up and she said water got up her nose. So bring a shirt and some nose plugs if you want to try. ...
If the tube is causing people to get scratched up, then folks have been NOT wearing the appropriate swimming suits - so 99% of the swim suits made for boys under 20yo. Riding it with metal zippers, rivets and whatnot will cause issues down the road (like everyone has been reporting). Or maybe DCL just didn't buy good quality tubes and had a poor installation.

All I can say is make sure your bathing suit is secure! Myself and a Disney Crew member got "intimately" acquainted at the bottom...and I was laughing so hard from the adrenaline my first time down, that I couldn't fix it quick enough! It was a hoot!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!