How is June 11th week?

njtest1

Earning My Ears
Hi guys,

This is the first time we (Me, my wife, 5 year old and 12 year old) are planning to go to disney. We just found out that we can take one week vacation (from work) on June 11th and we are wondering about going to disney and universal studio for a week.

I want to know your opinion: based on your experience - is that week (June 11th) usually very busy at disney? or should we think about any other week?

Our goal is to take a week vacation in orlando with out kids.

Thank you,
-Raj

Personally, I think the crowd calendars are as accurate as a coin flip...probably less. So I would strongly advise to take them with a grain of salt.

In general, WDW is always busy. There really is no "slow" season anymore. Second week of June (we've done that week several times) is fairly busy. Schools in the south have long ago let out by then, so many southern families are there. Northern schools are just getting ready to let out, so some families skip that last week of school since young kids usually don't do anything that week anyway.

It's hot and humid, so be ready for that. Pop up t-storms can happen at any time, but usually not all day.

The Brazilian tour groups mostly won't be there yet, they come in July, so you'll be good there.

Mid-June is a fine time to go. Busy, sure, but not as busy as a holiday.

Are you talking about this June? Yes it will be hot and crowded but my biggest concern would be time to plan FP and ADRs. It can be done but your resort choices may be limited and cost you more.

I would say, expect it to be crowded and plan that way..so you won't be disappointed...I have a feeling it would be crowded. But, I have never been in June.

I think it's as good of a week as any during normal summer vacation. Your only problem is if you want to stay onsite and don't have a resort reservation yet. Hurry if that's your goal. If you want to do offsite, you'll have lots more options. Most of all - research research research and go have fun!

We've been at the beginning of June before (similar dates), it is WAAAAAY more manageable than July/Early August. Follow a good touring plan and you won't even feel the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter