How is everything affecting you personally? Making changes? Status quo? Too soon to tell?

Make sure you check the expiration date of the hand sanitizer you are using. It may still be better than nothing but it doesn't last forever!

School is closed for at least the next two weeks. Waiting to see plans for on-line Instruction. I’m not cut out to homeschool but I will do my best.

We’re still socializing lightly and going to activities. DH is going to work until he is forced to work at home.

It’s interesting to me that all the government (federal, state and local) resources I have read only recommend isolating yourself if you are high risk. The Social Media posts seem to indicate that everyone should stay in their house for the next 2 weeks.

Make sure you check the expiration date of the hand sanitizer you are using. It may still be better than nothing but it doesn't last forever!

I was thrilled to find two unopened bottles of hand sanitizer in our medicinal drawers.

They expired in 2012. Maybe I ought to clean my drawers out more?

Schools just shut down here until the end of the month. I feel bad for parents, they got very little notice that there's no school starting tomorrow.

Went to the grocery store today for a few things (they had everything we needed), but it looks like the ravening hordes went through. Hopefully things calm down over then next few days.

Just notified this morning that school is closed starting tomorrow. I work from home so it's doable but not ideal of course. I had already bought workbooks for all of the kids and we went over and printed out a daily by the hour schedule for school days at home.

Just notified this morning that school is closed starting tomorrow. I work from home so it's doable but not ideal of course. I had already bought workbooks for all of the kids and we went over and printed out a daily by the hour schedule for school days at home.
That's just really poor management.

Our public schools have been on this for weeks -- figuring out how many tablets they would need to implement online, how to feed kids who depend on the schools for decent meals, etc, etc, etc.

We are online next week, and then the following week is Spring Break. During those two weeks, kids who need to eat will be fed and we'll sort out the cost later.

If the shutdown goes longer, now we're already converted to online. But none of that happened by accident.

Yes, it's disruptive, but we'll be fine because our managers manage.

That's just really poor management.

Our public schools have been on this for weeks -- figuring out how many tablets they would need to implement online, how to feed kids who depend on the schools for decent meals, etc, etc, etc.

Yeah seemed kind of abrupt. I did just get an email that our teachers will be in contact (I assume via email or Remind app) to send instructional stuff for the kids. And that meals will still be available though I'm not sure how that works.

Yeah seemed kind of abrupt. I did just get an email that our teachers will be in contact (I assume via email or Remind app) to send instructional stuff for the kids.
Which is bureaucrat for "...this just occurred to us."
And that meals will still be available though I'm not sure how that works.
The way it works is you have meal services already up and running. You continue those. You worry about the money part later.

In our case, we provide a free hot breakfast to ALL students regardless of economic situation. Wanna eat breakfast? C'mon in. And then, of course, we have the federal free lunch program for disadvantaged kids.

So the food part is really not complicated. You just keep on keepin' on.

But the email/Remind thing just shows you that it never occurred to them that covid-19 might actually be a problem!

Has anyone tried this yet? Not sure if it's already been posted. Too many threads to check.

https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-make-hand-sanitizer
I have 20 giant aloe vera plants outside and 2 bottles of rubbing alcohol. Should I bother doing it?
I mixed 3/4 cup 91 percent alcohol with 1/4 cup aloe gel, and a few drops essential lavender oil for scent (because that’s what I had on hand) It makes a more watery solution then I’m used to but it should work as well. I have regular sanitizer but I tried this out because this is what we’re telling patients to do if they can’t get ahold of regular hand sanitizer and I wAnted to try it out.

Hey everybody!

I'm glad to see everyone's updates.
It would be nice if we can all check in during all of this. We are all about to go a little stir crazy and it's nice to have people to reach out to if you stuck at home, alone or not.

Maybe someone can start a thread or something and everyone can just give a "hey I'm still here and doing alright" post every once in a while. You know, just so we know you're okay!

I found out tonight that I don’t have work as the construction site I work on has shut down. As a contractor I won’t get paid, either. So.. I’m a little panicked, but trying to keep my head up.

Which is bureaucrat for "...this just occurred to us."

But the email/Remind thing just shows you that it never occurred to them that covid-19 might actually be a problem!
This precisely describes our school. We spoke to the school secretary on Friday morning and she casually mentioned they had no plans to go online at all. Like they had done no planning onceoever. Guess that's just too bad because less than 6 hours later the governor mandated all schools close(we are in WI). The principal sent out a recorded robo call to everyone and she honestly sounded panicked. She announced that schools would close Wednesday at the time. The next day she called again and said no school starting monday. I felt so bad for parents trying to childcare arrangements.

This precisely describes our school. We spoke to the school secretary on Friday morning and she casually mentioned they had no plans to go online at all. Like they had done no planning onceoever. Guess that's just too bad because less than 6 hours later the governor mandated all schools close(we are in WI). The principal sent out a recorded robo call to everyone and she honestly sounded panicked. She announced that schools would close Wednesday at the time. The next day she called again and said no school starting monday. I felt so bad for parents trying to childcare arrangements.
Green Bay Metro shut down public transportation Sunday night, with absolutely zero warning. So everyone expecting to be able to ride the bus this morning to work, school, doctors appointment, grocery shopping, etc was screwed. The population that rides public buses in GB are not people who can easily afford to pay for an alternative. :sad2:

Well things have escalated here with now 6 cases in our small country. Everything is shut that is not necessary (banks, grocery and medical) public transportation, all gatherings, school, business. Fines and jail of 6 months to two years. Children have to stay in homes unless there is a medical reason. We are on lockdown. All borders closed no one can enter or leave unless it's cargo. There is a small window for expats to leave in the next few days.

My husband and I were doing really well in Santa Clara County, staying home, working from home, etc., until it started raining. Usually, I am happy for any and all rain in NorCal but this is just a terrible time. I need to be able to get out of the house and walk the dog, or walk myself, to see the sun and wave at neighbors from a safe distance. I just really want the sun to come back, everything feels much worse right now, but this will pass. Also, my refrigerator stopped dispensing water and making ice, so that's fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter