How is everything affecting you personally? Making changes? Status quo? Too soon to tell?

Farro

Argh.
In our lives so far the only real change is that I now have an extra home day each week and I did cook a few more dinners to freeze. Also bought essentials.

As far as daily life, we are still going out in public, still riding the CTA, still going out to dinner, still plan to meet some friends at a bar tomorrow to watch a band. I hope this doesn't change.

I am limiting seeing my parents for a bit as they are elderly and I take the CTA almost everyday. Don't want to chance it.

Luckily we have no immediate travel plans.

How about you? :)

I told my oldest today that she probably won't go back to school until after Spring Break. They cancelled tomorrow at dinner time and said expect an update tomorrow. I told her that if we get sick that it won't be any fun but that the chances of anything really bad happening to us are slim since we're not elderly or have existing health issues. I told her I'm still supposed to go to work.

We saw Onward this afternoon and went out to dinner afterwards.

We were sick here in Florida for about 10 days. At that time, we were told to NOT go to urgent care or to the doctor if we suspected a virus except for standard flu, as we would not be tested or treated unless we had breathing difficulties or had traveled internationally recently, this via the news. So we self-quarantined and rode it out. We’re still slow to get our energy back, but we’re physically ok now. It was rough due to high fever and chills and bad lethargy but we’re healthy and are recovering just fine.

We did not have the flu for sure. But no idea what else it could have been. We have been around many people who have traveled and cruised, as our Florida neighborhood is full of active travelers and cruisers.

Unfortunately, I do have WDW plans for May and have no idea what that means. I have an AP, but bought tickets for my grandkids along with flights.

We were sick here in Florida for about 10 days. At that time, we were told to NOT go to urgent care or to the doctor if we suspected a virus except for standard flu, as we would not be tested or treated unless we had breathing difficulties or had traveled internationally recently, this via the news. So we self-quarantined and rode it out. We’re still slow to get our energy back, but we’re physically ok now. It was rough due to high fever and chills and bad lethargy but we’re healthy and are recovering just fine.

We did not have the flu for sure. But no idea what else it could have been. We have been around many people who have traveled and cruised, as our Florida neighborhood is full of active travelers and cruisers.

Unfortunately, I do have WDW plans for May and have no idea what that means. I have an AP, but bought tickets for my grandkids along with flights.

Sorry you were sick, happy you are better. I sure hope you get to go in May!

A shareholders' meeting was called off due to not meeting quorum. I suspect many residents didn't want to be in a crowd.

One more day of work, then I’m off til April 6th. Just found out this evening. So we’re going to hunker down and lay low. Unless a good invitation comes along. Lol.

Wow!!! Paid?
Next week is March break, so it would officially be two weeks off. I have no idea if we’re getting paid at this point. I guess we’ll be speculating at work tomorrow. Hopefully we’ll get some details soon.

Schools, church and all public gatherings of 50 or more cancelled here with fines imposed to enforce for the next 14 days. I stocked up food for a month the past two days. Living on a small island fresh items will be gone in the next day or two. Most business here is tourism and cruise ships being the main source. The next two weeks will be hard but the next several months harder if this continues in the current direction for very long. Loss of income for most families already living day to day, I can't even guess what it means yet.

I had surgery last month and spent four weeks cooped up in the house. Went back to work for three days and now it sounds like we are teleworking indefinitely. And I was so looking forward to interacting with the world again!

Business as usual here but keep getting conflicting reports on if things might shut down. Keep hearing the city will shut down & encourage non essential businesses to do the same. Will start some preparations tomorrow in case they start closing things.

Schools, church and all public gatherings of 50 or more cancelled here with fines imposed to enforce for the next 14 days. I stocked up food for a month the past two days. Living on a small island fresh items will be gone in the next day or two. Most business here is tourism and cruise ships being the main source. The next two weeks will be hard but the next several months harder if this continues in the current direction for very long. Loss of income for most families already living day to day, I can't even guess what it means yet.

I feel so awful for all of you. I thought about that the other day, how this will be such a blow to all the ports visited by the cruise ships.

My kid is sick with fever and sore throat, so any plans that weren’t already canceled have been canceled now.

We decided to do the whole social distancing thing anyway, so we plan to skip the shopping and dining out for a while.

NCAA canceled everything, so no gym meet for LSU tomorrow night. I’m so sad I could cry over it.

Picking up some extra books at the library tomorrow, making a run to school for my kid’s work and then a quick store run. After that I am in for the next few days.

My husband is essential personnel at work, so he’s going in to the office unless they tell him not to.

No word from the schools here other than universities. I’m anxious to see what they decide to do.

I work from home already and my son’s spring break just started. DH just learned they are getting everything ready so his department can start working from home if needed. I’m just so grateful we won’t be without our paychecks if things get bad.

I’m getting a little worried about what will happen if they quarantine our area...like will we have enough supplies. Stores are already out of so many things. I mean, you can’t eat toilet paper...well, I guess you could but...

I’m also worried about older and less healthy family and friends. I far enough away from my extended family that I can’t really do anything to help if they need it. This whole situation is just so bizarre.

Our church just sent out an email that since the Governor mandated that public gatherings over 1,000 people be canceled, that until further notice, services will be online.

My kid is sick with fever and sore throat, so any plans that weren’t already canceled have been canceled now.

We decided to do the whole social distancing thing anyway, so we plan to skip the shopping and dining out for a while.

NCAA canceled everything, so no gym meet for LSU tomorrow night. I’m so sad I could cry over it.

Picking up some extra books at the library tomorrow, making a run to school for my kid’s work and then a quick store run. After that I am in for the next few days.

My husband is essential personnel at work, so he’s going in to the office unless they tell him not to.

No word from the schools here other than universities. I’m anxious to see what they decide to do.

I hope your kid is okay!!!

Our church just sent out an email that since the Governor mandated that public gatherings over 1,000 people be canceled that until further notice, services will be online.

I can't even picture that! The priest (or whomever) will speak online?

This was all today-

Trying to get college son home from France. Lots of emails and text messages. He will likely be quarantined in his apartment for 14 days upon his return. Other son bought him groceries to leave in his apartment for when he is quarantined. Told him to bring toilet paper home as souvenirs. Lol

Ordered supplements for 2 sons at college to take that are good for viral illnesses.

Colleges here are now closed an extra week for spring break then going online until further notice.

All of our daughter's activities are canceled- her soccer job, her own practices, a huge convention she looks forward to, a trip to LSU on Saturday for a math competition. Waiting to hear that prom next week will be canceled, likely will. Hope it clears up before graduation in May.

I stopped at Walmart for canned soups and easy comfort foods just in case...no tp or hand sanitizer anywhere.

New precautions for church services were sent out today. Had to scrounge all of the handsanitizer I could find (since stores are out) to put it in the entrances at the church doors. Send out messages to the congregation alerting them to changes.

Things here are developing and progressing quickly day by day.

Only 1 case in our state an hour away. But 2 neighboring states have cases in their states an hour away.

I can't even picture that! The priest (or whomever) will speak online?
I attend church online all the time. I work on Sunday in an office setting, and have church on while I am working. Now, there is a congregation in the church at the same time, but there wouldn’t have to be.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter