How important is it to have an "outside cabin?"

I do have to say - phooey to those who tell us we won't spend enough time in our rooms to justify a verandah!

This was my vacation - I relaxed... spent plenty of time in the room... especially at night after my daughter went to bed... early in the morning, while the little sleepyhead fought getting up, etc...

The verandah was such an important factor - it makes for a rather expensive cruise when it's just me and my daughter, but it's worth it!

We've done the 3 day and 4 day in Category 11 staterooms. We really weren't in the room enough for it to be a problem. We have a 7 day booked in June and originally booked category 11 again. I thought about it and 7 days with 3 days at sea we would really need some sunlight in the room. We upgraded to a category 5. I can't wait. Nasi

My vote...VERANDAH!!! We toyed weather or not to get one and I am sooo glad we did. We spent a lot of time sitting and relaxing while the kids napped. We also had a fun time watching the other cruise boats while we were cruising. After dinner and after the shows DH would take DD out and I would put DS to bed and then I would order a sinful dessert from room service, get out my book and sit on the verandah..this was wonderful and so relaxing!! DD really liked standing on the verandah when we were docking and loved to wake up and go out on the veranda to see where we were if we had docked in the early morning hours while we were still sleeping. I also enjoyed the fresh air and if you get motion sick I think this would be very very handy.If you can afford to do it go for the verandah.

Our 1st cruise was the 7 day Aug/00, we had an inside cat. 10 on deck 2. I was really worried about being claustrophobic, however, the room size was great and we were hardly in the room to worry about having sunlight or not.

However, our 2nd cruise was last Sept on the 4 day Magic and we had one of the secret porthole rooms. It wasn't only having the porthole that was an added bonus, but the location on the ship was much better and quieter on the 5th floor than on the 2nd. You do hear the engine noise on deck 2. The 1st night it kept me awake, and I was also surprised that I could hear the people in the cabin beside us (the other inside on the other side of the ship). That was the only night that I couldn't sleep, as I was sooooooooooo tired every other night that as soon as I hit the pillow, I was a sleep.

So when we cruise this Dec. I have booked a cat. 8, as I couldn't get the secret porthole room, and I like having the split bath that the cat. 11's don't have, which are important when you have a family of 4 getting ready to go out.

I would love to try a verandah if only our CDN $ would rise a little.The cost of our cruise for a cat. 8 in CDN dollars would be a cat. 5 US

If you consider your stateroom just a place to sleep, then an inside stateroom would probably be just fine. We felt it was worth the extra money to pay for a verandah stateroom so that we could enjoy the ocean day or night from our room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter