How have the passenger numbers been lately?

ruadisneyfan2

DIS Veteran
For a while people who had sailed were posting the number of passengers on their sailing. It would be great to track this as cruising becomes popular again and we can compare. Has anyone sailed in the last 2 weeks and knows how many were on their cruise?
We had approx 1600 on our Aug 27th 3-night on the Dream.

For a while people who had sailed were posting the number of passengers on their sailing. It would be great to track this as cruising becomes popular again and we can compare. Has anyone sailed in the last 2 weeks and knows how many were on their cruise?
We had approx 1600 on our Aug 27th 3-night on the Dream.
I think someone posted that there were about 1,000 on their late September sailing.

Last edited:
Yes, Sept 27 Dream we were told when asked that is was under 1200 pax and soon they would have a sailing with 1400 guests. I have to say all the Crew we spoke with are very happy to be back onboard and miss the full ships. We saw so many CM's trying to look busy but there were so few people. No lines for ice cream or quick service, family pools and adult pool empty most of the times. The dining rooms looked sparse, our room host told us he only had 10 cabins instead of 15 but it still seemed like 2 to 3 cabins on either side of us were empty. Hardly any rooms had door decorations. Our luggage was waiting for us at our cabin when we got to our room at 2:00 pm. All in all it was a great cruise and I felt the magic was still there. As much as it was nice having less people onboard I did miss the hustle and bustle of a more full ship.

I was on DCL website doing on line chat. I asked about capacity percents/passenger numbers and was told Disney was not making those numbers public.

Yes, Sept 27 Dream we were told when asked that is was under 1200 pax and soon they would have a sailing with 1400 guests. I have to say all the Crew we spoke with are very happy to be back onboard and miss the full ships. We saw so many CM's trying to look busy but there were so few people. No lines for ice cream or quick service, family pools and adult pool empty most of the times. The dining rooms looked sparse, our room host told us he only had 10 cabins instead of 15 but it still seemed like 2 to 3 cabins on either side of us were empty. Hardly any rooms had door decorations. Our luggage was waiting for us at our cabin when we got to our room at 2:00 pm. All in all it was a great cruise and I felt the magic was still there. As much as it was nice having less people onboard I did miss the hustle and bustle of a more full ship.

Did you happen to know of any families denied when testing for Covid on your cruise?

Did you happen to know of any families denied when testing for Covid on your cruise?

Yes, at least one family who drove to the port from the Midwest and one in their party tested positive. Learned about it from our FB group. Did not hear of any others but of course there could be.

Does anyone know when they are planning on increasing capacity? We are set to sail in March on the Wonder.

Does anyone know when they are planning on increasing capacity? We are set to sail in March on the Wonder.

When more passengers want to sail. :rotfl:
Not to sound snarky but all of the numbers I'm seeing is much less than the 1600 we had on our Aug 27 cruise. So clearly they are not denying any reservations that passengers want. This is typically a time of year with fewer children anyway but wow, 400 is super low. I wonder if they'll cancel the cruise. Our cruise was the weekend prior to Labor Day weekend so here in NJ a lot of kids were not back in school yet.

To answer your question, perhaps the limits are based on the covid rates in the US at that time or maybe the amount of positive cases discovered on each cruise. Who knows, I'm just guessing.

We are booked on the WBPC cruise in March and it appears to be sold out online. Just not sure if it really is sold out.

We are booked on the WBPC cruise in March and it appears to be sold out online. Just not sure if it really is sold out.

We are booked on that too. Rebooked from Feb 2020. Needing to save up a good chunk of vacation time for that is the reason we're not sailing these empty ships as frequently as possible.
I am curious to see how the EBPC cruise goes. I have heard they are requiring vaccinated only so no children under 12. That might change by March or even November.

Yes, at least one family who drove to the port from the Midwest and one in their party tested positive. Learned about it from our FB group. Did not hear of any others but of course there could be.
Omg, that would suck to be vaccinated, asymptomatic and turn up positive at the port. I think next time we cruise, I'd get tested before we fly just to confirm.

400 is super low.

Whats crazy is I feel like by not sharing information they are only hurting themselves.

If they stated only 400 people were booked at the current time they likely would get more people to book. Additionally if they ran actual discounts they would likely get more people as well.

Oh well its not like Disney needs the money.

A TA I follow on another site was on the Celebrity Summit for 5 nights at the end of September. 245 passengers total on that sailing and 745 crew members. So no, Disney will NOT be cancelling the 3 night Wonder because there are only (apparently) 400 people booked on it.

This is typically a time of year with fewer children anyway but wow, 400 is super low. I wonder if they'll cancel the cruise.

Unlikely. Many of their costs are fixed - it's not like they can just send their crew home for the week. So they might as well take whatever revenue they can get.

There were about 475 passengers on our late August RCCL cruise. Ship capacity is 3500, so a good bit bigger than Wonder. They were expecting similar or even lower numbers on the next two cruises after ours, but they still went.

A TA I follow on another site was on the Celebrity Summit for 5 nights at the end of September. 245 passengers total on that sailing and 745 crew members. So no, Disney will NOT be cancelling the 3 night Wonder because there are only (apparently) 400 people booked on it.

Yeah, this is kind of an extreme example, but I think it's not at all uncommon for ships to sail with more crew than passengers right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!