how far is the walk?

karentan

<font color=green>my main job for tomorrow is to g
how far is the walk from boardwalk to epcot?
is yacht/beach club walking distance to the boardwalk?

Not far... it takes about five minutes, give a few for slower walkers... about a1/4 mile I would guess... FYI:There is a boat that can take you across but it really is much quicker just to walk it.

YC is closest to Epcot, BC next, then on the other side BW.
It's not a bad walk at all.:thumbsup2

Hi,

The walk is about a half a mile.

Yes, you can walk from YC/BC to Boardwalk. Depending on your exact start and stop points figure about one-quarter to one-half mile.

It is a 5 minute walk from Beach Club and Boardwalk. A few minutes longer from Yacht Club. We just got back from the Dolphin and it was less than 15 minutes (going round the boardwalk side). There is also a ferry but we walked most of the time (also beat the ferry to Epcot once when we just missed it leaving our dock). ;)

HS is a bit farther, we took the ferry there.

Karen

Hi,

The walk is about a half a mile.

Yes, you can walk from YC/BC to Boardwalk. Depending on your exact start and stop points figure about one-quarter to one-half mile.

Is it really a half mile? Wow. It doesn't seem that long.

Is it really a half mile? Wow. It doesn't seem that long.

Hi,

I said 1/4 to 1/2, I think that's accurate.

For perspective, it's a little more than 3/4 of a mile all the way around the lagoon that is in the middle of the Epcot resorts.

I think the distance from one exit door of the YC/BC to the entry to Epcot is shorter than the distance from that exit door of the YC/BC to the furthest edit door of the YC/BC.... so for some folks staying there, the distance from one side of the hotel to the other is longer than the distance to the park. That's why the numbers are so variable.

The proximity to the gate is one of the top features of the resorts in the Epcot area. It is one of my favorite areas of WDW.

The more you have walked that day and the more tired and aching your feet are, the farther the Boardwalk moves from the Yacht Club!

Seriously, we have walked it without a problem, but later in the day the boat trip is wonderfully relaxing and fun as well.

We have also walked from Studios . Yes, it is farther, but the line for the boat after the late Fantasmic can be a tad long. Walking is quicker. Another reason to love BW/YC/BC/Swan/Dolphin.

Boardwalk to the International Gateway is about 10 minutes if you walk it very quickly and about 15 if you don't. If you walk it really slowly, it can be more like 20 minutes.

Beach Club is about 4-7 minutes depending on how fast you go. It's the shortest distance. :) Yacht Club is a little further than Beach Club...I never walked or timed that one.

The Boardwalk is on one side of the water. On the other side is the Beach Club, followed by the Yacht Club (as you're coming from Epcot). The International Gatway entrance is on the side that the Beach Club and Yacht Club are on. If you walk from the Boardwalk, you not only have to walk up that direction, you also have to walk over. That's why it's longer. A lot of people tend to underestimate the time you need to walk from the Boardwalk.

Good luck! Enjoy your stay.

YC is closest to Epcot, BC next, then on the other side BW.
It's not a bad walk at all.:thumbsup2

To avoid any confusion here, YC isn't closest to EPCOT. BC is closest, then probably YC, then BW slightly further (but its on the other side of the lagoon area).

BC to EPCOT is 4-7 minutes, depending on location of the door you use to leave. YC, slightly longer. BW to IG is usually for us @ 7 - 10 minutes at most. I hoofed it by myself (walked much faster) last trip from EPCOT to BWV, trying to see if the boat was going to get there faster than my walking (I used my wristwatch). That walk was just under 6 minutes to the BW boat dock.

Actually, I think BC is closest, then BWI, then YC, then BWV, and the difference between YC and BWV is pretty negligible, eh? :)

The exact time and distance will depend on your room location and starting point, as suggested above, but our time is consistently around 5 minutes from BC to Epcot. It's very close. YC and BWI anywhere from 7-10 minutes. A huge plus is that it is a beautiful walk. You can take your time and enjoy the sites.

The alternative is from the other resorts. 2 to 10 min from your room to the bus stop, up to 20 min waiting for a bus, 10 min bus ride, 10 to 20 min to walk from the EPCOT bus stop-through much longer bag checks and gates and then walk to your destination in EPCOT. If its for an ADR back at Japan-its still a way longer walk than from any BW resorts, and you have a half hour already lost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter