How Far Is Legoland from Disneyland?

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
I'm heading to Disneyland in a few months and was wondering how far Legoland is from there? I was thinking that if it's not too far, that I may pay for a hotel room for a night and do DL one day, then head over to Legoland the next day.

<font color=navy>I think Legoland is about 45 minutes-an hour south of Disneyland. It's easy to get there, just drive south on the 5 Fwy, until you hit the Legoland turnoff in Carlsbad. It's a nice drive along the Southern California coast. :sunny:

<font color=navy>Yes it is - I think Carlsbad is about a half hour or so from San Diego, just south of Oceanside.

Yes, it is quite a bit closer than SD. Just be sure that if you are travelling in summer months, you don't make the drive during rush hour periods (7-9 AM, 4-7 PM); there's not only commuter traffic at those times, but also beach traffic, and that can turn a lovely drive (because parts of it are really pretty) into a giant headache. Legoland is fabulous!

Check park hours when you go - last 2x I have been there Legoland didn't open until 10a. You could leave Anaheim at 8a and probably get there in plenty of time. They opened their gates at 9:30, and did a rope drop at 10a. If I recall the park closed at 9p, with most rides closing their lines a half hr earlier.

:Pinkbounc

Legoland is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the non-summer and non-vacation months. Check to make sure it is open on the day you plan to visit. We are about to do a similar vacation staying at the Four Seasons Aviara in Carlsbad and the GC at DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter