• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How far from MCO to SW?

porcelina

Earning My Ears
My husband and I want to take advantage of the 2nd day free admission policy and spend our arrival and departure days in Florida at Sea World (can't waste any of that valuable vacation time).

Does anyone know how far (time wise) it is from SW to MCO? Our arrival flight will get in appx 10:30am Wednesday- so I am hoping that we can be out of the airport by 11:00am (no checked luggage, Emerald Aisle) so no rush hour worries there. The return is a little more complicated... we have a 6pm Tuesday return flight so should be at the aiport at 4:30 - is this rush hour in Orlando?

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

I just stayed in a hotel next to SW a few weeks ago. After renting my car at the airport, it took less than 1/2 hour to get to the hotel. Honestly, I'd say 20 minutes at the tops. Using the toll way I had no traffic to mess with.

I used Emerald Isle and it was no problem....don't even need a shuttle bus since the rentals are across the drop-off road from the terminal.

If you get on I-4 around rush hour, it can really bog down. I'd definitely leave yourself some time to get there and the car checked in.

Others who have been there more often might be able to provide a little more detailed information.

Good luck on the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter