How early do you go the airport?

We get there 2 hours before, that way we are not rushed or stressed that we may miss our flight. You never know what the lines going through security will be like. :confused3 Rather be safe then sorry. ;)

I just flew out of Orlando Int'l today... I was running late, and did not arrive at the airport until 10:30 for my 12:05 flight. Between the extremely long lines to check baggage (both counter and curbside were enormous), and the huge security line, I made it to my gate at 11:45, just prior to boarding. Too close for my comfort.

(On a side note, I was flying Southwest, used online checkin, got an A boarding pass, and even though I was one of the last, I managed to get the seat I wanted, with no one sitting next to me on a nearly full flight... so it all worked out)

Two hours prior to departure time is a GOOD amount of time to get there, because you really never know what's going to happen. You might get pulled for a random security check. Even if it's a slow time, there might be delays in check in or security due to less staffing. There are plenty of stores and other things to do in the airport to keep one occupied should they get there early, and there be no hold ups.

We usually give ourselves two hours, but we live relatively close to the Philly airport. However, security check-ins can tie you up sometimes. When leaving WDW, most shuttles and towncar companies will pick you up at least two hours ahead of time.

However, I just learned that a friend of mine was returning from MCO on Tuesday (on a morning flight). She and her traveling companion had to return a rental car at the airport. They ran into an accident on 192 and she missed her flight. Instead of returning home at 10:00 a.m., she did not arrive home until 11:00 p.m.! So, after hearing that, if I was renting a car, I'd probably give myself more time (we usually do not rent, but when we have, we pick the car up on Disney property).

Also, I did come up against a problem several years back when a Mears driver was driving VERY slowly and most of the passengers on that bus missed their flights. There were no accidents, no tie-ups, he just drove unbearably slowly for some reason. I did not miss my flight because it was late arriving from Philly and lucikly I only had carry-on luggage with me. So, I always give caveats when talking about arrival times.....life can throw you a curve now and then......:rolleyes: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter