How does this sound for AK touring?

foolish-mortal

Your ghost host
We will be there for a short pre-cruise trip this Thursday and Friday. Our first park day we're going to AK. Hoping to get there by RD but realistically it will be closer to 8 or 8:30. Willing to get the $ ILL and G+ since we only have 2 park days and want to minimize long waits. There are 4 of us. And we don't want to be there much past 2 or so. We have Epcot AH tickets that night and would like to swim/nap in between parks.

What we're hoping to do:
Safari, Navi, EE, It's Tough, Dinosaur, Avatar, FOTLK, one of the animal trails, eat at Satuli

Plan:
Will purchase G+ and select Navi as first ride
Purchase ILL for Avatar
When we arrive go to Dinosaur, EE and Safari (not sure of order?)
It's Tough
Depending on timing of ILL slot in Navi and Avatar
Satuli
FOTLK
*Get one more LL for FOTLK or ride something again when it's time

I know I'll need to rearrange depending on the timing of the ILLs. Can slot in FOTLK and It's Tough as needed. Mostly worried about which rides to hit first and which to get LLs for. I know AK isn't always a great use of G+ but with 2 park days we're ok with it not being maximized.

If you're staying onsite, I would take advantage of early entry @ 7:30 am. Knock out Pandora, head up to Safari, then onto EE, Dinosaur, and It's tough to be a bug. Satui & FOTLK. All can be done without Genie+ & $ILL. Personally, I would skip the trails since you're doing swim/nap & AH at Epcot that night.

Realistically, if 8/8:30 is arrival time with Genie+/$ILL, would go opposite direction of crowds so Dinosaur, EE, Safari LL, Pandora-Navi LL/FoA $ILL, Satui, FOTLK LL, & It's tough to be a bug. Still would skip the trails with later on plans you have.

Love your itinerary. Couple of notes:

- if you do early entry, you can do either Dinosaur or Navi without a wait, so no need for LL yet.
- Everest has a single rider queue that I've literally never waited more than 10 minutes for.
- I'd use the first LL on Kilimanjaro- the earlier, the better the views will be.

For what it’s worth I recently bought FOP ILL and genie plus, I think I got safari first, can’t remember.

I ended up just walking on every ride one by one with genie. Yes you end up picking a later time, but with some time I always end up modifying it to within 20 mins of the current time it is.

Just went from one ride to the next. Never roped dropped. Got to the park at 10am

Again not everyone will want to be on a phone a lot, but it worked for me

Either way the plan you have will work very well

Id pick Safari for first LL since it opens later than early entry and a line builds for opening. Plus you can get an early LL there, immediately tap in and make another. Navi is sometimes later on the LL return time.

For rope drop i would hit Navi first, as itll be a walk on with all others hitting Pandora. Then depending on your safari LL you can probably knock off both Dinosaur and EE before the window closes on your Safari LL.
Tap into Safari and grab LL for Lion king show.

After Safari be aware of Lion King show time LL . Hit up the trails after that or before depending on show time.Grab a snack before or after show depending on time.you can mobile order Satuli for this

Make the ILL for Avatar later in the day before you leave, say 1 pm. Fit Bugs life in whenever.

If opportunity presents itself, id also grab an additional LL after tapping into Lion King for Kali RR, and keep modifying it for after Avatar ride. Hit it as last thing, so if you get soaked, your heading back anyway.

This is how id do it under your paramiters

Thanks everyone! This has been super helpful. A few follow-up questions.

We've been to AK many times but never seen FOTLK so we're looking forward to that. How important is it to have a LL for it? Does it save you from a long line or will you possibly not get a seat without it?

I saw on the app this morning that the Avatar return times were around 1 or 2 by 7:30 this morning. Then it dropped to 8 am a few minutes later? How does that happen? Are we able to choose times for the purchased LLs? Those ones can't be modified righ? Is there any strategy to getting a time that you want? Thanks!

I've actually gotten seated at LK AFTER the show has started. Every seat is good. So I'd say there's zero need to get an LL for this.

Other factors that can play into any of your plans is always how crowded it is. What you have to buy/choose whatever could vary from nothing to everything depending on crowds. Look the couple of day ahead on tip boards to see what the general flow is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter