How does Disney expect people to make reservations when they are always down

my3kids said:
Of course there are far worse things in the world....tsunamis, war, etc....but this is a forum for discussing planning Disney vacations. I can't imagine anyone here thinks Disney's computer failure is in anyway comparable to world troubles or local traffic wrecks, but it is a source of irritation to vacation planners when Disney made such a big deal about a single date roll out.

I understand that, but I was giving my opinion on why I am not going to get upset over this. I wasn't just talking about a local traffic wreck, but my co-worker's two accidents in one morning. That is something that upsets me.

As someone who has provided computer support, it's sometimes hard for others to understand that unexpected problems often occur when rolling out a new product. I'm sure that Disney is doing the best they can to fix the problem.

It was finally up and running last night about 8:30 PM and of course I couldn't get through without holding for 30 minutes or more. They picked up all day on the first ring to tell me that the system was down. I just want to pay them for my trip and I can't even do that. princess:

WDWBetsy,

You are right, there are much worse things than the Disney reservation system going down that are going on right now. I hope your co-worker is ok and I am sure they will catch the person who drove off. You would be amazed at some of the driving I see living in the Chicago area.

However I am still ticked off about the system.

MagicKingdom05 said:
WDWBetsy,

You are right, there are much worse things than the Disney reservation system going down that are going on right now. I hope your co-worker is ok and I am sure they will catch the person who drove off. You would be amazed at some of the driving I see living in the Chicago area.

However I am still ticked off about the system.
:D
Now if you ask me at 5PM - and I don't have a quote by then - you might get a different response from me. I will probably be really ticked off by that point. But I'm hoping they get whatever is wrong fixed soon. hehe

My co-worker and her baby are fine. I just felt bad when she told me because her face turned red from the frustration! She's one of my closest friends.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the Disney computer glitch gets resolved soon!

Yep! I already have reservations but I wanted to see what the new stuff would cost, etc... since I'm considering changing it around.

I had kind of figured they would be down on Sunday after they went on-line for the masses swarming it BUT here it is Tuesday and they *STILL* can't get their act together? It's not like they didn't know this was coming.

Even in the wee hours, when you can kind of get it to come up, it will still be slow and give you the "we are experiencing heavy volume, etc.." but you can kind of get it to work. (Actually, I can't get it to work properly anyway - if I actually put all my kids in, it won't give me the Contemporary as an option (even though it can hold 5 - it didn't like the baby on there, so removed him, STILL wasn't working, so went down to 2 kids - then it gave me information but only room, no packages can be booked apparently at the Contemporary since it refused to pull that up for me. I did a room only, then tried to add tickets and it kept giving me a warning "You have changed ticket options if you want to continue click OK, otherwise click Cancel" and it just kept looping putting that pop-up box up! :earseek: )

Just a horrible way to roll out something so major!

Just a horrible way to roll out something so major!

As a stockholder I have to say; You're Not Kidding! :crazy2:

ok i know this is not the end of the world but never the less very frustrating. does anyone have any idea when these problems are going to be resolved?

nygrl,

No idea. I think it is screwing up everything because my AAA rate that I got this morning for the 5 minutes it was up changed by almost $135, from the online quote they pulled up yesterday.

You can't book through the website right now but you can hold on the phone patiently (407-939-7675) you can make or change your reservations over the phone. I just confirmed my February trip - chaning from Dreamaker to 7-Day MYW tickets and saved $546.76. I got through yesterday AM and made the change but as we made the change the system went down. Got through this AM - held for 15 minutes and made all changes necessary. They were completely apologetic about the last two days. She was not sure when the webstie would be back up. princess:

Yep I talked with someone today on the phone. Only on hold for a minute or two. She confirmed my ressie I made online during the computer problems - I never received an email confirmation - and helped me with other issues. Best bet is to call now and hold patiently and they will be able to help you. Good luck.

I called my (any) resort and had them transfer me to reservations. Seems to be a little faster.

You can't book through the website right now but you can hold on the phone patiently (407-939-7675) you can make or change your reservations over the phone.

However, if you call and try to shop/book a ressie in Jan '06 they tell you they don't show any availability.

im not trying to sound like a jerk but a company as big as disney you would think the disney service and customer support would extend to all branches not only parks and resorts. there is no reason why the site shouldnt be up by now......run the code fix the error

peace love and AKL

I suppose timing is everything. I called Monday morning at 8am and re-booked our 3 Poly rooms with the AP discount (259/nite Lagoon View!!!). Apparently, ever since then, the system has been a mess. Our friends want to book a trip at the same time (March 5-12) and have been unable to get in for 2 days. Good luck everyone!!! :earseek:

I agree that it is frustrating and that someone is probably going pay for having the system go down to this extent when they are rolling out a big new program. I have gotten through sometimes and gotten quotes but wanted to try to change dates and hotels and price things out and I kept getting kicked out. Since I'm still window shopping I'm not even going to try to call.

I wouldn't think most hotels would get sold out though except perhaps during a peak time like July 4th since even with the new pricing we're still paying rack rates for the rooms right?

The problem with the Disney computer system is SAP. To anyone in the business world and familar with SAP, you know that it is a cuss word.

It will never get any better unless they ditch SAP. It is worthless and many companies such as Disney bought into and have regretted. But the high management will never admit it was a mistake because it cost a fortune to change over to it. So now many companies are stuck with it.

The biggest problem is it is a German program and does not work well with American currency. I guess an American program was not good enough for them.

disneybride96 said:
Yes...computers are perfect. I have never had a problem with the computers where I work. :scratchin I am sure Disney must have done this on purpose just to drive all the high season and 9-5ers crazy. I am thankful that I am neither. :earseek:

:badpc:

:laughing: :rotfl: :laughing: :rotfl: :laughing: :rotfl:

Well I finally got through! :cool1: I got the room I wanted and the AP rate. :cheer2: I am thrilled! It was worth the wait! :jumping4: Good luck to everyone else! :flower1:

Think of it this way.... if you can't get through because the system is down, neither can anyone else.... so those rooms and discounts aren't going anywhere!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter