How do you like Animal Kingdom?

For anyone with young children, AK has a great playground called the Boneyard. It's huge. My kids like it a lot better than the HISTK play area at MGM. It's a great place for them to run around and burn off some steam.

We love AK. We've been there 3 times in the past 6 weeks, and the only time we've spent looking at animals was on the safari, and in the petting zoo area.

We took our 1st trip last June, and while we enjoyed the AK, I think we spent too much time "rushing around" to hit all the attractions. This year on our AK day, we're going to take it slower.

As far as attractions go, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Dinosaur, Festival of the Lion King are musts. Flights of Wonder, I think, is the hidden gem at AK-- we both really liked it. The animal trails (Pangani, Maharaja, the Oasis, and the Tree of Life trails) are really nice.

It's Tough To Be a Bug! and Kali River Rapids I can take or leave, but most people seem to enjoy them. Just be sure to have a poncho handy for Kali.

We found Rafiki's Planet Watch/Conservation Station to be a waste of time, and we didn't much care for Tarzan Rocks (apologies to the fans.) We didn't do Pocahontas, the Boneyard (no kids in tow) or any of the Dino-Rama stuff.

We had lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue, which was great.

I'm really looking forward to Expedition Everest, though :)

If you have hopper passes, you should try it first thing in the morning. I am sure there are at least a few things you would like there so you could just stay for a couple of hours and then go somewhere else. If you like it, you can do a lot of things in half a day and still go somewhere else in the late afternoon. If you only have day passes, I would not go there. We love AK almost as much as MK because we love animals and the atmosphere, but we still only spend a half day and then go to another park. If you are still there for the parade that's great, but it's probably not worth sticking around for if you are ready to leave sooner.

Our favorites are:
Kilimanjaro Safaris (first thing)
Kali River Rapids (you will get soaked)
Maharaja Jungle Trek (if you like to watch tigers)
Tarzan Rocks (if you like music and roller blading)

We only went once and didn't care for it BUT I don't think we were prepared for what to expect. There wasn't enough to do, we were used to the fast pace of the other parks. My thought is, if we only get there once every few years, we don't want to spend our "valuable" time at places unless we LOVE it! We LOVE magic kingdom!

i love AK! you cannot miss tarzan and the festival of the lion king !!! pizzafari is a great place to eat!

I really like Animal Kingdom. I only got to do a half day last year but I'm going to stay a whole day this year in AK. Dinosaur is a great ride, one of my favorites. Kali River Rapids is a lot of fun (wear a poncho), It's Tough to Be a Bug is my favorite 3D movie in all of the parks, And even if you're not really into animals the Kilimanjaro Safari is still a lot of fun, cool story- lots of potholes. I'd say give it a chance!

The first time we were there we both felt kind of like "what's the big deal" and we were a bit let down. However, we've since discovered AK to be different from the other parks...an adventure! Let yourself relax a little when you go there...take different paths, discover Wes Palm and DeVine and stop to see the tumblers and listen to the drums. Take some time to watch the gorillas...I was amazed at how fascinated the kids became while watching them. AK has become a "must do" for us. We've even taken the backstage tour and that made us like it even more. Festival of the Lion King is fantastic in our book and we love Dinosaur and ITTBAB brings smiles every time we see it. Talk to the people there, too. I feel like I learn something new everytime we go. BTW, I agree with the poster who suggested a change of clothes if you go on Kali Rapids! I realize we all have different tastes (and that's a good thing!), but I really encourage you to at least give it a try with an open mind.

my wife loves animals and wants to go to AK every time we visit the World.

i am very impressed with the theming around the park (exquisite). the live shows are really good, we especially enjoyed tarzan rocks. and mickey's jammin' jungle parade is my favorite parade at the World.

We are an AK-lovin' family. In fact, it may well be our favorite park if we have to pick (and we rarely agree on anything, LOL). We were at AK last June from opening in the morning until they gently kicked us out at the end of the day. It definitely has a different feel, and wonderful detail and atmosphere. It is best experienced, in our opinion, leisurely. We plan to devote 1 1/2 - 2 days to AK next trip 'cause we didn't even make it to any of the shows, which I hear are great! We say definitely give it a try!

Carla
:Pinkbounc

I am a big fan of AK, probably because I go to go 2 weeks after the official opening. Last trip I didnt get to go, I was dissapointed but what can you do

Count us in as fans of AK. I have to admit that after my first time there, I was a little bit disappointed, I think because I was so excited and had built the park up so much in my mind (we all love animals). It wasn't quite as 'magnificent' as I envisioned, but we still had a great time there and can't wait to go back.

I like the park because it is such a neat, different idea. A theme park based on animals (and not a zoo!)--how cool! The 'zoo-like' parts (the trails and Conservation Station) are great, but there is so much more. So many more unique ideas. The safari is awesome and Dinoland is adorable. Festival of the Lion King is not to be missed. A lot of fun to be had. I was also impressed by the food choices at AK. Even the counter service is very tasty and definitely not 'run of the mill'.

My family loves AK and I wouldnt go to Disney without visiting it. I feel like it transports me to another more peaceful world. My little boy loves the animals and the parade. You should at least give it a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter