How do you decide???

whithouston

DIS Veteran
I was just looking at a past Navigator online and saw where there are many shows/activities that I would like to do, but they are during the evening show or our dinner seating. How do you decide which to go to? You do not have to go to the Evening show or your dinner seating, do you? You can eat at any of the other buffet places, right? I just want to try to get as much done as possible, and it may mean I have to miss a show or dinner. Let me know if you have had to struggle with this also! Thanks.

Hi,

This is one of the "hardest" parts of Disney cruises! But, by trying to work everything into my schedule, I usually end up doing more and experiencing more than if I'd stuck to the usual schedule. Here's how I deal with too many fun things to do.... Usually, I choose to go to a couple of the shows, do the rotation dining for the first rotation (to see all of the different themed dining rooms), eat at Palo for one night (make your reservations early), check and see if I can go to the movie in the afternoon instead of the evening, catch a burger or room service instead of going to the dining room.

Then, it is so much fun and such a change in my usual schedule, it is nice to come home and go back to work! (Sort of like needing a vacation from my vacation!? :)

Best Regards,
Julia

Hi :wave:

We usually just go with the day. We try not miss any dining rooms, it is just a great time.. Often we do not pick, we eat, and then play it by ear.

The first cruise we did, we came back literally exhausted. We ran here and there, did not want to miss anything. I think we thought we may never get back here, so go for the gusto :bitelip:

Now we realize, we are ADDICTS :banana: , and do a little, not a lot...

Enjoy whatever you do, and relax, relax, relax... :cloud9: :cloud9:

I was just looking at a past Navigator online and saw where there are many shows/activities that I would like to do, but they are during the evening show or our dinner seating. How do you decide which to go to?
It looks like there are a lot of choices to be made during the dinner and WDT main show and there are ... BUT ... DCL has them spaced out so it's not quite as bad as it looks to you.

Early dinner seating goes from 6:00 to 7:30 and the WDT show starts at 8:30 and lasts 45 to 60 minutes
Late diners go to the show from 6:30 to about 7:30 and then dinner at 8:30.

Now we get to all of that "inbetween" stuff. They are all cramed inbetween the dinner seatings and the shows. Everyone (both early and late seatings) can make it to these activities. Some of them go from 7:30 to 8:30 and others (like the family cabarette and game shows) go from 7:45 to 8:15. This is where you have to make the hard choices - which fun activity(s) are you going to miss :confused: and which ONE will you be going to).

Then there's the things that start at 9:30 or 9:45 or 10:00. If you have late seating - making it to the beginning of some of these things may be difficult. You can ask your server if they can "hurry" dinner along for you if there is something that you want to get to that evening. Sometimes they can, sometimes they can't.

Good luck deciding what to do and what to miss!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter