how do you carry docs etc for 5 people?

frozeninroch

Earning My Ears
Hi. I'm new to the boards & am looking for advice on what to carry cruise docs & passports & all important papers in - for a family of 5!

Thanks for all the great tips & advice on the boards...

We had 8 of us go and I put everything in my DVC canvas tote bag - just the documents, BC's, licenses, etc all together with nothing else in the bag. Worked out well. I just went from place to place as they were checking in for each family group. Good luck and happy cruising!

Keeping everything organized and readily available is a challenge the more people you have so here is what I have done in the past. I buy one of those plastic file holders that secure with a string -- found at any office store or even at Osco/Walgreens for about $1.99 and keep the docs, birth certificates, state ID cards, etc. all in that one place. Since the file holder is plastic, it doesn't rip and I buy it in a color so that I can easily locate it in my carry on bag. Hope that helps.

For the cruise docs, I just used the box that they came in. Put it into my carry on bag to the terminal. Once you check in at the terminal, you don't need to carry your cruise docs with you anywhere (of course you don't want to throw them away). During the cruise I kept them in the room safe (all rooms have a lockable safe).

I had a passport satchel with neck lanyard from traveling for business. I put all 5 of our passports in it along with credit cards, driver's licenses, etc. For leaving the ship, I used this. I stuck our ship ID cards in this along with the passports.

All you need to carry with you around the ship is your ID card that you get during check in at the terminal. Many people bring or buy onboard (we did) a card holder with a neck lanyard, or just put it in your pocket.

I also had a manilla folder for storing Daily Navigators, ship excursion receipts, etc. This basically just stayed in the room as a single point of storage for my papers.

I do what hsteacher does- I buy a translucent plastic file envelope from an office supply store. All of our important papers (passports, cruise documents, confirmations for flights and transportation, itineraries and such) go into one.

Then I'll label the outside of the envelope with our contact information (name, cell phone number, cabin number, etc.) so that it can be returned to us easily if it should get lost. (Sharpies and labelmakers rock!)

I usually take a second one that I use to keep photos and other keepsakes together for the trip home. They're sturdy, and do a nice job of keeping the photos protected in our luggage.

We also do various combinations of the previous posts and one other thing regrdnig our docs that we were reminded to do by another board member was to photocopy everything. we now photocopy everything and take one extra copy with us and another set to goes to relatives...:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter