How do you buy groceries for your room

For real? We were told any resort that has a convention center will charge you a handling fee - we have stayed multiple times at YC,BCV, and GF (both villas and not) and have been charged 8$ per box every single time when we order from amazon.
Yes...we haven't paid any resort fee. ;)

We like to have breakfast, drinks, snacks, and ice cream in the room. We always hire a car and sometimes go to Walmart but often use Garden Grocer to save time. Next time due to a cruise and only short time at WDW we will use the DVC groceries as we need very little

For short trips, we usually just pack stuff in our luggage and supplement with the resort store offerings. For longer trips, we use GG. We like the set "menu" of items. I also like that we can set up a favorites list. It makes it easier to just fill a cart when it comes time for our trip. We usually order far in advance to take advantage of their early order discounts. We also like the app.

We use Garden Grocer whenever we fly and use DME. If we drive (which is rare) we'll just bring a few things from home & stop at a local store for anything else we need. I used to always get a case or 2 of water delivered but a couple of trips ago we put some of the Brita water bottles in our Owners Locker and just used those when we were there a week or so ago. Worked out just fine.

I'm sorry - every time I see this thread title my immediate response is "carry them up, what else?" :-)

(I've used GG before and had no issues with it; anymore I just use the BW sundry store as a) it's just me and b) I'm not there long enough to need a lot of food because c) I go during Food and Wine.)

For real? We were told any resort that has a convention center will charge you a handling fee - we have stayed multiple times at YC,BCV, and GF (both villas and not) and have been charged 8$ per box every single time when we order from amazon.

We stayed at BVC in June and they did not charge us a handling fee. We have used GG many times and other than tipping the Bell Services person who brings us our food there has never been a charge..smjj

The few times I used the service I've used Garden Grocer and was very pleased with the process.

We either drive so we have our own car or if we fly, we rent a car and make a stop at the grocery store.

We purchase a few things from Amazon Prime Pantry...not much though usually just water, bottled tea or Diet Coke and a few snack items. We typically don't eat much in the room.
We would like to do this as well. How many days before arriving did you place the order?

What groceries? ;) I get my one bottle of wine, microwave popcorn, and milk from the gift store & raid the housekeeping cart for extra coffee...shh ;) We typically have a sit down breakfast and late dinner which keeps us full throughout the day.

We used Garden Grocer and We Go Shop on previous trips and had good experiences. Sometimes we've packed things in our suitcase. This next trip we are traveling with just carry-ons so we won't pack food. We are renting a car so we can do a day at Universal so we'll be picking up our own stuff. We stay in Studios and do our breakfasts in the room. Our DS is a tad picky (he's getting better as he gets older) and usually all he would order for lunch was an Uncrustable (when we did the dining plan). I refuse to pay Disney prices for a peanut butter and jelly day after day! so now we have on past trips just packed his lunch and brought it in the parks. Saves a bunch of money and he's happy! In fact, I just asked him for our upcoming trip what he thinks about packing a lunch again and is wanting to go that route again.

Using Garden Grocer for the first time. Used to rent a car at the airport with drop off at WDW but decided against it this time because the one day rates are real high and not worth it anymore.

I've used Garden Grocer once when I didn't drive. Other than that time I drive over to Publix.

We always drive, and I usually go to Publix, after dropping the rest of the family off at the resort. However, because I leave Publix right around 4 pm in June, I typically get caught in a heavy rainstorm. This year, we got off the wallet, and paid GG to take care of all this for me. Best money ever spent!!! I actually got to relax with a drink during that same timeframe!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter