How do you buy groceries for your room

If we don't rent a car from MCO (we do sometimes use ME to or from the airport), we'll get it from the Dolphin the next day. We like the freedom of a car, and we like to get our own groceries. We shop at the Publix in Celebration. We don't have Publix up here so shopping there makes the chore feel like part of our vacation!

One thing I love about Publix is that you can order deli items ahead of time, which will be waiting for you at the store when you arrive. This has been a real time-saver, since their deli is always very busy. I've tried to get our local store to offer this service, but no luck.

We always have a rental car. Honestly, getting the car and stopping at Publix on the way to the resort is what makes the experience seem more like a second home. We don't buy a lot of stuff, just some bagels, cream cheese, chips, maybe a little deli meat, beer and wine. We're careful not to overstock so we don't throw food away...except for beer & wine. If we buy too much beer & wine we just have to suck it up and DRINK! (actually we can stow some in our Owner's Locker for next trip.) :earsboy:

GG is a 'closed list' -- you pick from their limited selection of items. Can't specify Organic produce or make up your own list?
I always specify brands and order items not listed. I put it in the comments. I view the list as helpful but not restrictive.

Can you say;......
It's a sure bet my dw, Kathy will be at Super Walmart shopping within 3 hours after landing at MCO.

Most trips, I drive so I bring a cooler with most of the food for the week in it. Most of it all starts out as frozen, but after the 20 hour drive it has all thawed and is perfect to go in the fridge and ready to be cooked. The few things I don't take in the cooler are either stored in my Owners Locker (salt, pepper, and spices mostly) or I hit a grocery store that catches my eye. I've picked up stuff at 3 different Wal-Marts, 2 Targets, and at least 2 Publix.

This next trip I'm flying, and I'm trying WeGoShop for the first time. Already placed my order and had the phone call conversation to confirm everything, answer questions, and set up delivery/drop-off at Bell Services. And the payment, they wouldn't let me skip that part. :D I really appreciated the phone call, as some of the items I wanted them to pick up were cheap souvenirs to bring back for other people, and I was able to describe exactly what I wanted. When the person I was talking to finally decided he wasn't sure what I was after, I was asked to text a picture of the item. He got it, and said there would be no problems picking it up.

If you use GG and are not at the resort when it is delivered, how is it stored? We'd like to refrigerated and frozen items.

If you use GG and are not at the resort when it is delivered, how is it stored? We'd like to refrigerated and frozen items.
Bell services stores it until your arrival. Everything perishable we've ordered is refrigerated/frozen, no problems!

GG packs cold items separately and Bell Services has refrigerators so they store everything until you call and request it. If you order beer or wine you fax or email a copy of your drivers license and they deliver that with your order as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter