How Did We Eat So Much?! Lots of Pics + DxDDP + DCL! *UPDATES 7/12*

Cabanas Breakfast​

Today was our Castaway Cay day! (For those who don’t know, Castaway Cay (CC) is Disney’s island - a real paradise.) The ship was just making its way into CC when we got up, so we headed up to Cabanas once again for breakfast - we could watch the ship docking from there, have a quick breakfast, and get back to our stateroom to get ready to get off the ship by All Ashore time!

DD’s choice: salami, bacon, donut, Mickey waffle, scrambled egg, hashbrown. She really didn’t eat much this morning, but I don’t think it had anything to do with the quality of the food. ;)

For me, an omelet, bacon, and pineapple. Again. :laughing:

As usual, everything was fresh and tasty, but we just weren’t really in the mood to eat. We were excited for the day’s adventures!

Cookies Too Lunch​

Lunch today was on Castaway Cay at Cookie’s Too. (There is a Cookie’s as well, and I think a third option at the adults-only beach.) This is a really cute little BBQ place.

Drink station:

Buffet area (at the time I took these pics, it was just being set up for lunch).

There was, of course, a self-serve ice cream area (just like on the ship).

Unfortunately, DD and I were not really hungry for lunch today, so I can’t give you a lot of info about the food. You can see from our plates that we weren’t exactly feeling the whole eating thing out here in the sun and sand. :laughing:

Sorry about that! :laughing: I promise I will be making this up to you with my dinner review for tonight. ;)

Remy Dinner​

I did not need to be at Remy until 6:40, but I headed up at 6:10 to have one last drink at Meridian - another Moet Ice, of course!

This worked out nicely, because I was able to be seated early as my wonderful server Niko only had one other table that night. I was taken to the same perfect little booth with a lovely view. And there began the best dining experience of my life!

Niko was absolutely phenomenal. Again. I told him that I would leave it to him and the chef to decide all of my courses. This was such a fun thing to do!

Since I already had my champagne from Meridian, Niko said that he would bring me a glass of champagne with dessert instead of the starter champagne cocktail. I thought that was a nice touch. :thumbsup2

First up was the amuse-bouche, which featured a poached quail egg. Now, this may be shocking, but I have never in my life eaten a poached egg or a quail egg! :scared1: My mom has a thing about “wet” eggs, and she kind of passed that whole thing on to me, I guess. But I was determined to try whatever the chef wanted to present at Remy, so I went for it. And you know what? This little sucker was DELICIOUS!

Niko also presented me with some of that tasty gluten-free bread and butter and salt.

Next up was, of course, ratatouille with an olive oil ice cream. Oh my! This was fresh and tasty. The combination of the veggies with the savory ice cream was unexpected and very good.

The very french sommelier and I became good buddies during this meal. She came over to chat, and I had her pick a wine for me. She also told me that the Moet Ice thing could be done just as well with any champagne but only 2 or 3 ice cubes should be used (and she is right - I had champagne on ice several times this summer, and it was so refreshing!). She brought me a nice glass of wine; too bad I no longer remember what it was.

My next course was a lobster salad of sorts. This was delicate and flavorful in a wonderful subtle way.

Up Next: Remy Dinner (cont.)

Remy Dinner (cont.)​

The next course was an absolutely divine sea bass with baby leeks and ponzu sauce. The chef had even come up with some gluten-free soy sauce in order to make mine just right.

The sky was darkening into night as I enjoyed my amazing meal.

Next (I feel like I keep saying that - so many courses! Thank goodness they keep the portions quite small) was a Maine Lobster with cauliflower puree and lobster emulsion. This was lovely - full of sea flavor and nice textures.

Before my next course, I let my sommelier friend pick out another wine for me to pair with the “main” course.

My “main” course was Kurobuta Pork; I believe it was tenderloin and belly, and there were some potatoes in there somewhere as well. Holy pig! This was heaven on a plate, folks!!!!

At some point during my meal, the chef came around. We visited for quite a little while, and it was such a treat. I was able to thank him for not making me feel like I was missing out on anything due to the gluten thing. We chatted about how the restaurant came to be and how they keep food fresh on the ship. It was just a wonderful experience.

And then the very French cheese girl (I am sure there is a fancy name for this position, but I don’t know it!) came around with the cheese trolley. Mmmmmmmm! You can basically pick out whichever cheeses you would like to have. She was explaining them all, and I indicated the ones that I was most interested in just because they were the moldiest and weirdest. :laughing: She asked me if I was French. :rotfl2: I told her that I would really love it if she would choose cheeses for me since she would know them best. She really seemed to get a kick out of that, and boy did she choose some cheeses for me!

These were all phenomenal. I love cheese though! :laughing:

Niko then brought out a clean napkin, and I was provided with a lovely glass of champagne as well.

Niko then presented a beautiful, light (thank goodness!) strawberry meringue dessert.

Remy provides some lovely treats at the end of the meal too.

This was quite honestly the best meal I have ever had. I would do this again in a heartbeat.

See Ya Real Soon Breakfast (Enchanted Garden)​

Our final Disney dining experience was the See Ya Real Soon breakfast in Enchanted Garden.

*sigh*

At least the restaurant is pretty.

DD was happy to have a final chocolate milk.

It appears that I chose the Route 66 today - scrambled eggs, bacon, grilled sausage, grilled ham, and hash browns. I guess I was feeling meaty? :confused3

DD had scrambled eggs and bacon.

And she waited a looooooong time for someone to go somewhere and retrieve more donuts after serving the pastries to all the tables around us. :laughing:

I was treated to a lovely surprise of a gluten-free muffin and gluten-free donut myself!

Ugh - it really wouldn’t matter if this food was the greatest food on earth. When you know that you are just going to get up and drag your stuff and yourself off that beautiful ship, it just can’t really seem all that wonderful. :(

Remy looked incredible- I can't wait to eat there again this summer. YUMMMMM....... Boo for the breakfast, though! I does taste somewhat better than it used to, I think, but I just really don't like what it represents AT ALL!!!!

I am glad I came across this thread... I truly enjoyed reading it. Thank you. I know it had to be a lot of work to post everything. Your DD is adorable!

Truly enjoyed reading your TR!
Thank you! And thanks for reading!:goodvibes

Remy looked incredible- I can't wait to eat there again this summer. YUMMMMM....... Boo for the breakfast, though! I does taste somewhat better than it used to, I think, but I just really don't like what it represents AT ALL!!!!
Hi Ellen! I think Remy may be the thing I'm looking forward to most about the cruise! :rotfl2:

I am glad I came across this thread... I truly enjoyed reading it. Thank you. I know it had to be a lot of work to post everything. Your DD is adorable!
Awww - thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. I'm glad you enjoyed the report. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter