How Did We Eat So Much?! Lots of Pics + DxDDP + DCL! *UPDATES 7/12*

Palo Dinner​

This evening, I dined at Palo - the other adults-only, up-charge restaurant on the Fantasy. Palo, unlike Remy, can also be found on the Wonder, and I had dined there several times during our Alaska cruise on the Wonder in 2012.

I arrived a little early, so I had a seat in Meridian, enjoyed my book and a glass of Moet & Chandon Ice.

Before long, I was shown to a very nice booth in Palo. It is very pretty in here.

I am not sure whether I ordered a glass of champagne or took another picture of the glass I brought with me from Meridian. :confused3

I let my server choose my courses as I did at Palo on the Wonder. It’s just more fun! :laughing:

At Palo, you are treated to an amazing plate of antipasto. Everything is so good and drizzled with an aged balsamic. Mmmmmm

I was presented with a tasty and peppery arugula salad. Yummy cheese!!!

I was supplied with some gluten-free rolls, of course.

Refreshing lemon sorbet palate cleanser.

For my entree, I received the Beef Tenderloin Palo Topped with Melted Gorgonzola Cheese or Palo Signature Barolo Red Wine Sauce. In my case, I got both, which is totally the way to go with this! I had had this before, and I was happy to have it again. Cooked perfectly, flavorful beef and delicious and flavorful sauces that married well together.

The chef also created a gluten-free pasta dish for me, featuring portobellos, cherry tomatoes, and prosciutto. This was simple and delicious.

My server insisted on presenting me with two desserts. I hate to admit that I honestly have no idea what this one was!

The other one featured a panna cotta - not my favorite thing because I just don’t like this sort of texture - and a strawberry basil sorbet, which was the best thing out of every dessert presented here. It was so full of flavor, cool and refreshing!

Honestly, though, I would be happy with just the Limoncello for dessert!

Palo was very good. Unfortunately, having just dined at Remy the day before, it didn’t have quite the same effect as it had on the Wonder where they don’t have a Remy. It’s a lot less expensive than Remy though and does present very delicious food in a (usually) very pleasant atmosphere, so it is an excellent option on the Fantasy. I think my experience would have been better if not for the distraction of another guest. There was a table not too far from me featuring The Loudest Woman in the World. Let’s just say that I know all about her breast-feeding days and how much her children currently eat. :rolleyes: It really took away from the quiet, special feel of this place.

Hi Roni! I'm just now catching up with your fabulous DR and just finished reading about your brunch at Remy. All I can say is WOW, it looks like an incredible experience and your pictures and descriptions are superb! And champagne with each course? Yes please! ::yes::

Ok, I'm going to dive back in but just had to stop and comment on this great review. :thumbsup2

Just got caught up on all of your reviews. Love 'em!! Can't wait to hear the rest.

Ahhh Animator's Palate is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing all the non food photos. :) That cheddar potato soup caught my eye on the menu before I saw that you ordered it.

Palo looks like another fabulous dining experience! (Well, except for the loudest woman with whom everyone around knew her business!) What a beautiful restaurant.

All of these wonderful dining experiences on the Fantasy cause me to think that I'd never leave a dining room if I were on that ship! :lmao:

Your food all looked yummy!!! As for the loud mouth!!Why do people think strangers need to hear all about their personal stuff !!:furious:

Hi Roni! I'm just now catching up with your fabulous DR and just finished reading about your brunch at Remy. All I can say is WOW, it looks like an incredible experience and your pictures and descriptions are superb! And champagne with each course? Yes please! ::yes::

Ok, I'm going to dive back in but just had to stop and comment on this great review. :thumbsup2
Hi Carol! Thanks for continuing to read along - I am so far behind in updating and in reading everyone's DRs. Life just gets crazy sometimes!

The Remy brunch was definitely one of the dining highlights of the trip. I would find it very hard to pass it up on a future DCL cruise.

Just got caught up on all of your reviews. Love 'em!! Can't wait to hear the rest.
Thank you! :goodvibes Sorry for the long hiatus - life getting in the way, and all. :confused3

Ahhh Animator's Palate is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing all the non food photos. :) That cheddar potato soup caught my eye on the menu before I saw that you ordered it.

Palo looks like another fabulous dining experience! (Well, except for the loudest woman with whom everyone around knew her business!) What a beautiful restaurant.

All of these wonderful dining experiences on the Fantasy cause me to think that I'd never leave a dining room if I were on that ship! :lmao:
Hi Brenda!

We really loved Animator's on the Fantasy - a very fun environment.

Palo really is a nice place to dine. It is very special on the Wonder. For me, it was just totally over-shadowed by Remy on the Fantasy, but I think it's a wonderful option for someone who wants a higher-end dining experience at a lower cost than Remy.

Yeah, we spent a lot of time eating...... :rotfl2:

Your food all looked yummy!!! As for the loud mouth!!Why do people think strangers need to hear all about their personal stuff !!:furious:
It's funny, isn't it? I think a lot of people just never think about the effect they have on others. I suppose we're all guilty of it; this was just a really obvious example. :laughing:

Enchanted Garden Breakfast​

On this morning, we decided to try the buffet at Enchanted Garden - one of the three main dining rooms on the Fantasy.

Isn’t it a beautiful place????

Of course, when DD saw those super-cool booths, she wanted to sit at one. I told her that there were very few of them, so we’d just need to be happy with what we got. Of course, the CM at the front of the restaurant had heard her booth excitement, so guess where we ended up?

This is a very small buffet with very limited choices. VERY limited if you can’t eat gluten. It didn’t bother me as I don’t really care about breakfast very much. And DD was happy with what she chose. I apologize for the lack of food pics here. I took a pic of DD’s plate - donut, Mickey waffle, bacon, eggs, cucumbers - but it turned out terrible.

I had meat and fruit. :rotfl2:

Enchanted Garden was not our favorite breakfast spot. There was nothing wrong with it, and the surroundings were beautiful, but there just weren’t enough choices. I would definitely choose Royal Court over Enchanted Garden, and DD would head to Cabanas at every opportunity.

Royal Court Lunch​

Today we decided to have a table-service lunch at the beautiful Royal Court.

Here is the lunch menu:

I decided to enjoy a glass of champagne with lunch. Mmmmmm

DD enjoyed a fancy glass of apple juice.

There were gluten-free rolls.

No one is going to be surprised to see DD’s lunch - mac and cheese, french fries, and a specialty request for cucumbers.

I chose the Angus Chuck Burger - grilled ½ lb burger with a choice of bacon, cheddar or swiss cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and onions served with coleslaw and french fries. This looks kind of sad without a bun, but it was actually very flavorful, and I really enjoyed it - maybe it was just that it was nice to have something as simple as a burger after all our fancy eating on this trip! :laughing:

I definitely needed more pickles though, which was no problem.

DD finally got a Mickey bar to enjoy!

They were setting up for dinner when we left.

Royal Court is a great lunch option on the Fantasy. We had so much fun there - great service, great food, beautiful atmosphere. :thumbsup2

Mmm, that first meal looks so good. Thank you for providing the menu pictures, I love to imagine what I would eat if I was there! It all sounds great.

And that breakfast buffet at Cabanas looks really nice too! I'm not much of a breakfast eater so on a cruise I'll usually just grab something quick on the buffet. I love pastries and fruit for breakfast and it looks like they have a nice selection of both!

My mouth is watering looking at those Remy champagne brunch pictures. It looks like such a fancy, relaxing meal.

I feel like I would be in love with animator's palette. I love fun, themed restaurants and this looks like it has so much Disney magic! It looks like a great atmosphere and the menu sounds delicious. Though Enchanted Garden is really beautiful too.

I like the looks of the lunch menu at Royal Court. DH and I always eat at the sit-downs for lunch on a cruise because we LOVE food, so we're not going to pass on the chance to have two fancy three-course meals in one day! That's another reason why we don't have much for breakfast ;)

Royal Court looks like a great option for lunch
Live the picture of DD with her glass of apple juice - she looks so happy :)

:rolleyes1 I kind of forgot I was doing a Dining Review. :scared1:

I hate it when a report doesn't come to a proper end, so I am going to get this thing completed even if no one ever reads the remaining updates! :laughing:

Mmm, that first meal looks so good. Thank you for providing the menu pictures, I love to imagine what I would eat if I was there! It all sounds great.
:laughing: I do the same thing!!!

And that breakfast buffet at Cabanas looks really nice too! I'm not much of a breakfast eater so on a cruise I'll usually just grab something quick on the buffet. I love pastries and fruit for breakfast and it looks like they have a nice selection of both!
DD was a huge fan of that buffet - she LOVES breakfast buffets. :laughing:

My mouth is watering looking at those Remy champagne brunch pictures. It looks like such a fancy, relaxing meal.
It was absolutely lovely - only better meal was the Remy dinner. ;)

I feel like I would be in love with animator's palette. I love fun, themed restaurants and this looks like it has so much Disney magic! It looks like a great atmosphere and the menu sounds delicious. Though Enchanted Garden is really beautiful too.
AP is a really cool place - we really enjoyed it.

I like the looks of the lunch menu at Royal Court. DH and I always eat at the sit-downs for lunch on a cruise because we LOVE food, so we're not going to pass on the chance to have two fancy three-course meals in one day! That's another reason why we don't have much for breakfast ;)
I was a HUGE fan of going to RC for lunch. (I'm not a breakfast person either.)

All caught up! The food looks so good!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks! It was all very tasty!! :woohoo:

Royal Court looks like a great option for lunch
Live the picture of DD with her glass of apple juice - she looks so happy :)
We really enjoyed having those nice sit-down lunches at RC. ::yes::

Royal Court Dinner - Prince & Princess Menu​

We were back in Royal Court for dinner this night.

Tonight’s menu was the Prince & Princess Menu:

There was gluten-free bread.

There was Fig and Date Ciabatta Roll.

There was a tasty Mint Yogurt Dip.

Honestly, what can I even say about this at this point???

I started with the Radicchio and Endive Caesar Salad with Ciabatta Croutons (obviously deleted for me) and Garlic Dressing. This was fresh, crisp, cold and flavorful.

For my entree, I had ordered the Rosemary-Scented Medallions of Lamb with Grilled Red Peppers, Yellow Squash, and Zucchini on a Polenta Cake with Lamb Jus. This was disgusting. I don’t eat a lot of lamb because it’s not my favorite protein, but I had tried the lamb my mother had ordered on the Wonder the preceding summer, and it was spectacular, so I thought I would give this a try. It was just a fatty mess of yuck, however. :laughing:

DD enjoyed a delicious Mickey bar for dessert.

And I had some kind of chocolatey-chocolate something. Sorry - I have no idea what this was! :confused3

My entree wasn’t the best tonight, but we had a great time together at dinner. And it wasn’t like I was really in need of a big dinner anyway! :laughing:

Royal Court Lunch​

We headed back to Royal Court again today for lunch.

Here is the menu for today:

DD started with some bread:

And some chocolate milk:

I had a glass of wine. (I had ordered a wine plan, and we were getting towards the end of the cruise, and I still had quite a bit left - our assistant server was not great about refilling glasses, so I usually ended up with just one glass through an entire dinner service.)

You may have noticed that there was no mac and cheese on the children’s menu for lunch today! :scared1: Don’t worry….

:laughing:

For lunch today I chose the Seafood Risotto - Shrimp, Scallops, and Salmon topped with Lobster-Tarragon Reduction. This was full of flavor and really hit the spot!

There were Mickey bars all around for dessert today!

Animator’s Palate - Pirate Menu​

Tonight was Pirate Night, and after getting pirate make-overs at the Pirates League and watching the big pirate show up on the pool deck, we were headed to Animator’s Palate for dinner. As you can see, DD enjoyed a chocolate milk.

The decor in here had taken on a more pirate-y feel.

DD ordered an appetizer from the adult menu tonight - the Pirates Golden Pot Stickers: Oriental Pork “Dumplings” deep fried and served with a Tamarind-Ginger Soy Sauce and Pickled Vegetables. She’s a big fan of potstickers, so this was a nice choice for her. Our assistant server kindly cut them up for her. ;)

I tried the Caribbean-Style Conch Chowder with sherry, sweet peppers, onions, tomatoes, thyme and garnished with diced potatoes and crispy bacon bits. This was creamy and tasty.

There was bread for DD.

And bread for me.

I also had Mr. Smee’s Bibb Lettuce Salad with bibb lettuce, baby greens, cherry tomatoes, toasted pine nuts and raspberry vinaigrette. Crisp, fresh vegetables were tasting pretty good at this point in the trip. :laughing:

DD had a shockingly unusual entree. :rolleyes:

For my entree, I had the Treasure-of-the-Seas Grilled Shrimp and Seared Scallops served on strings of pasta and fresh creamy tomato sauce. Although this doesn’t look all that great (and the sauce certainly doesn’t appear to be “creamy”), I actually remember it being pretty good. I love seafood, and having pasta is a real treat.

For dessert, our servers surprised me with the Floating Island: Crisp Meringue, Vanilla Anglaise and Marinated Fruits. I hadn’t pre-ordered a dessert because I wasn’t really interested in any of them. This was fine, but it’s not really the kind of dessert I would choose - too sweet.

DD enjoyed a Mickey bar for dessert. Always good!

Over all, this meal was tasty. The Pirate Night menu, however, just isn’t my favorite. I would choose to make that a Palo or Remy night except that we like to do pirate activities together, so I’m not willing to give up several hours to fancy dining.

Thanks for your thorough review. We're off to WDW in December with my nieces, both of whom have Celiac, so it was nice to see the detailed GF review (we have some overlap with your restaurants, and the menus may be slightly different by now).

Also, we might take one of them on the Disney Dream next year, so good to know she'll be able to eat there too!

Well done.

Great updates . I seldom if ever order lamb although I loved it in England somehow it is NOT as good in the US. I too remember Pirates night menu not being a favorite of mine !!

Thanks for your thorough review. We're off to WDW in December with my nieces, both of whom have Celiac, so it was nice to see the detailed GF review (we have some overlap with your restaurants, and the menus may be slightly different by now).

Also, we might take one of them on the Disney Dream next year, so good to know she'll be able to eat there too!

Well done.
Thank you so much for leaving such a nice comment. :goodvibes I hope you have an amazing trip with your nieces!

Great updates . I seldom if ever order lamb although I loved it in England somehow it is NOT as good in the US. I too remember Pirates night menu not being a favorite of mine !!
Yeah, that lamb was my least favorite food item on the entire cruise, I think. :laughing:

Time to get this Dining Review completed!

Cabanas Breakfast​
After enjoying the Pirate Night, we slept in the next day and ended up just stopping in at Cabanas for breakfast before hitting the pool. Not much of a review here. Sorry. :laughing:

DD enjoyed some apple juice, bacon, and a donut. :rolleyes1:

I had one of the pre-made ham-and-cheese omelets and some bacon.

I also got some pineapple.

Everything was fresh and tasty as we had come to expect. :thumbsup2

A couple of Cabanas pics.

Flo’s Cafe - Quick Service Lunch​

We spent the day at the pool today (again). I wasn’t keen on having much for lunch because I had BIG dinner plans this night. I managed to entice DD out of the pool long enough to try some chicken nuggets and fries from Flo’s Cafe.

DD really enjoyed these; they looked great, and the fries were crispy and hot.

DCL Room Service​

Due to DD not feeling great (nothing serious - just over-tired), I had to cancel my Remy reservation for tonight. Luckily, the hostess very graciously booked me for the next night. :thumbsup2

Needing some food, I turned to DCL room service. Here’s the menu:

I ordered the caesar salad.

And the salmon, subbing fries for the orzo.

Everything arrived at the right temperature, and was fresh and tasty. Not exactly Remy, but a very nice option, especially when dining on a verandah and enjoying the beautiful view.

NOTE: I would not recommend this option for allergy dining without double-checking. I had shared some caesar salad with DD on the first day, so I knew I was okay with it so long as the croutons were not included. I don’t worry a ton about cross contamination as my issues are more of an intolerance, I believe, and I had no problem after eating this. Someone with a serious allergy, as opposed to an intolerance, would obviously want to be a lot more careful. But I’m sure anyone with an allergy would already know this! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter