How Did We Eat So Much?! Lots of Pics + DxDDP + DCL! *UPDATES 7/12*

That brunch looks amazing. We missed it during our last cruise because of having something else scheduled at that time. We won't miss it this year.

Wow, your view looked amazing during that meal too! I would love to have those fries and dessert with the champagne! Can't wait to see the dinner.

That brunch looks amazing. We missed it during our last cruise because of having something else scheduled at that time. We won't miss it this year.
It was really great! I hope you get to do it. ::yes::

Wow, your view looked amazing during that meal too! I would love to have those fries and dessert with the champagne! Can't wait to see the dinner.
It was a phenomenal meal. And you can't go wrong with a view like that! :woohoo:

Flo’s Cafe/Vista Cafe/Captain’s Reception​

My DD claimed that she hadn’t eaten lunch at the kids’ club, so we made a stop on Deck 11(the pool deck) where all the counter service-type restaurants are located. She chose Flo’s Cafe for some chicken nuggets and fries. They have a fixings bar kind of place, and she picked up some cucumbers there.

I think she would give these a very positive review - crispy hot chicken nuggets and fries. You can’t go wrong with that! :laughing:

Later this evening, DD sampled a brownie treat from the Vista Cafe. (The specialty coffee drinks there are an up-charge, but they have goodies in the pastry case that are included in the price of your cruise. ;) .) She thought it was very tasty.

This evening was formal night, so we spent a lot of time meeting characters in their formal attire. Lucky for us, it was also the Captain’s Welcome Reception, so CMs were constantly circulating through the crowds with free wine, beer, cocktails and non-alcoholic specialty drinks. I didn’t get a pic of my free wine :laughing:, but DD certainly enjoyed her special drink while we waited in line to meet Captain Mickey. :thumbsup2

I think that Remy brunch will be hard to top! Wow! A V&A level experience with that magnificent view! Even the dishes for your brunch were amazing!

I'm not a fish fan but I can tell from the descriptions and the presentation of the dishes that I just may be a convert because I've never really eaten it prepared in such a spectacular way. :)

Formal nights on the cruises are always my favorite since I love to dress up and take a ton of photos! Willow is a very pretty young lady in her yellow dress.

WOW ... Remy looks fantastic
It was absolutely wonderful. Definitely the best dining experience I had had up until that day. :thumbsup2

I think that Remy brunch will be hard to top! Wow! A V&A level experience with that magnificent view! Even the dishes for your brunch were amazing!
It was really a special experience. And yet, there is more Remy to come…..

I'm not a fish fan but I can tell from the descriptions and the presentation of the dishes that I just may be a convert because I've never really eaten it prepared in such a spectacular way. :)
Wow - that is saying something! I do love fish and seafood though, so my reviews obviously reflect my taste. ;) That said, that sea bass dish was one of the best things I have ever eaten - fish or no fish!

Formal nights on the cruises are always my favorite since I love to dress up and take a ton of photos! Willow is a very pretty young lady in her yellow dress.
Once again, you and Willow would get along quite well! We enjoyed formal night on this cruise for the joy of meeting characters in formal wear!

That brunch looks amazing! Will have to look into it on our next cruise.
You should! It was an absolutely spectacular way to spend some cruise time!

Perfect timing for me to read your Remy brunch review!
I logged on at 5am UK time today to book our Palo brunch and "accidentally" booked Remy brunch as well ;)
I was beginning to question if I should keep the reservation but your reviews are changing my mind!
Did you notify them in advance of your allergy?
I have the fact that I am vegetarian noted on my cruise reservation and DH won't eat veal so I wondered if we needed to flag this before hand or if they could just deal with it on the day?

Wow is all I can say the Remy Brunch looked amazing !!!!
It was truly a fabulous dining experience. ::yes::

Perfect timing for me to read your Remy brunch review!
I logged on at 5am UK time today to book our Palo brunch and "accidentally" booked Remy brunch as well ;)
I was beginning to question if I should keep the reservation but your reviews are changing my mind!
Did you notify them in advance of your allergy?
I have the fact that I am vegetarian noted on my cruise reservation and DH won't eat veal so I wondered if we needed to flag this before hand or if they could just deal with it on the day?
Oh, you should definitely keep the Remy brunch - it is such a great experience!

I did notify DCL of my intolerance in advance, including calling specifically about Palo and Remy. There are options for all the courses, I believe, so I don't think you will have any problem. You could call Remy once you are onboard and just remind them that you are vegetarian. I wouldn't worry about the veal at all - there are other options. ::yes::

You are going to have so much fun!!!!

Animator’s Palate Dinner​

Our second night had us dining at Animator’s Palate for the Pacific Rim Cuisine menu. This is a very cool environment. The decor is really something special, and tonight was the show dinner, so Crush swam his way around the screens in the room and interacted with diners. Very neat.

Before I get to the food, I wanted to give y’all a sense of what the restaurant is like.

I managed to get menu pictures as well:

Up Next: Animator’s Palate Dinner (cont.)

Animator’s Palate Dinner (cont.)​

The bread service tonight was Garlic and Herb Foccacia Bread with Roasted Garlic Dip in another cool bread basket.

And, of course, our attentive serving team did not forget about me.

DD went with some fruit for an appetizer.

She also asked our Assistant Server if she might be able to have some cucumber slices. Of course she could - this is DCL!

No surprise here - mac and cheese was on DD’s agenda.

DD once again skipped dessert in favor of the kids’ club, so I don’t have a Mickey bar photo or anything for you. :(

For my appetizer, I ordered the Wild Mushroom Risotto and Porcini Twist served with Parmigiano-Reggiano (sans the Twist, of course). I apologize for this photo - this looks disgusting, and it wasn’t at all!

I also tried the Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese Soup with Bacon Bits and Chives. This was a tasty soup - but most potato soups are pretty tasty!

For my entree, I had the Lemon-Thyme Marinated All Natural Chicken Breast with Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Root Vegetables and Grain Mustard Jus. I rarely order chicken, but this was very good.

Our lead server presented me with a beautiful lemon mousse for dessert.

We had a great time at Animator’s Palate, and all the food we received was quite good.

Royal Court Breakfast​

Royal Court provides a table-service option for breakfast, and DD and I decided to try this on our second morning onboard the Fantasy.

This is such a pretty space.

A server comes around with a basket of pastries from which to choose first. My DD, as you can see, was pretty excited about the donut option. ;)

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say she enjoyed it. :laughing:

This was our view as we dined.

For her real breakfast, DD chose Mickey’s Special Combo Platter - Mickey Waffle with Scrambled Eggs and a Pancake Tower. She added bacon. I think she ate bacon and not much else. :laughing: The server had already cut up the pancakes and waffle for her in this pic.

I ordered the Express - Scrambled Eggs, Grilled Ham, Bacon, Sausage, and Hash Browns. This was a lot of meat! It was all very good, although obviously, there was no way I was going to eat it all. Remember - I am not a big breakfast eater to begin with.

I really enjoyed this breakfast because it was a lot easier as far as the gluten issue to eat at the table-service restaurant. DD, however, is a huge fan of breakfast buffets, so I think she would prefer Cabanas. I usually let her choose during the cruise, because breakfast is a lot more important to her than it is to me.

Cabanas Lunch

We enjoyed a pool day today, so it only made sense that we would have lunch at Cabanas, which is on the same deck as the pools. Cabanas offers an extensive lunch buffet. Unfortunately, I didn’t get pictures of the buffet itself - but you are likely used to that by now! :laughing:

I did get a few more pictures of Cabanas itself; hopefully, these give a little more idea of what the buffet and seating areas are like in here.

Nobody is going to be surprised by what DD chose. :rolleyes: In case you are wondering, it was apparently still delicious. :thumbsup2

One of the buffet chefs showed me around and let me know what was safe. He also offered to make a variety of things specially for me, but I declined that offer as there were plenty of options from which I could choose.

I ended up with some broccoli, sea bass, shrimp over rice, a pork? thing with sauteed mushrooms, and mashed potatoes. Everything was quite good, and the variety here really was excellent.

We found Cabanas to be a great option!

The food looks great! I could go for some seabass and mashed potatoes right now...

So happy to see that your awesome reviews have flipped over to DCL (one of my fave places to be!)
I agree with you on the service onboard, it really is spectacular and nothing is too much trouble for the staff :)

2 months until my next cruise ( it's been 2 years ) and these pictures are making me excited and anxious.

I totally agree with the above statement. My DD who will be 19 this trip ( and therefore 17 on the last), is a picky eater. The Head Server would give her the menu for our rotation the next night to see if there was anything on there that she would enjoy and if not they would specially modify something for her. It was wonderful.

The food on DCL looks and sounds amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I love Cabanas for breakfast. I know everyone always says that a sit down breakfast on DCL is the way to go and yes, it's always nice to be served at the table but I just love all the options on the buffet :)

The food looks great! I could go for some seabass and mashed potatoes right now...
Mmmmm - me too!!!

So happy to see that your awesome reviews have flipped over to DCL (one of my fave places to be!)
I agree with you on the service onboard, it really is spectacular and nothing is too much trouble for the staff :)

2 months until my next cruise ( it's been 2 years ) and these pictures are making me excited and anxious.

I totally agree with the above statement. My DD who will be 19 this trip ( and therefore 17 on the last), is a picky eater. The Head Server would give her the menu for our rotation the next night to see if there was anything on there that she would enjoy and if not they would specially modify something for her. It was wonderful.
Oh yes, the level of customer service on a DCL cruise cannot be beat! :thumbsup2

The food on DCL looks and sounds amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
We really enjoyed all of our dining experiences on the Fantasy. ::yes::

I love Cabanas for breakfast. I know everyone always says that a sit down breakfast on DCL is the way to go and yes, it's always nice to be served at the table but I just love all the options on the buffet :)
We are big fans of Cabanas for breakfast too - I don't really care about breakfast, and DD just loves being able to pick from a bazillion different tasty breakfast foods. I think it's a great option!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter