how crowded will it be next May?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by maggie1, Sep 9, 2004.

1. maggie1

maggie1 Mouseketeer

From another thread on here it looks like early May 2005 is already in demand - I am wondering if I should change the time I go. I was going then to avoid crowds and did not realize it is the 50th celebration. Anyone attended during something like this before - was it busier than normal?

2. bhillier

bhillier Mouseketeer

I'm not sure if it's goint to be really crowded. I started to phone for ressies a couple of months ago and Poly cl, and the GF Royal Palm cl were booked. I couldn't believe it. When I expressed my concerns here, others suggested that maybe disney has rooms on hold, I was told that @ Poly they have rooms held for a large convention. It was also rumored that the "big wig" guests would be staying @ these hotels for this time period. I don't know how much of this info, if any at all it true.

I'm supose to go May 1-10. If all the rooms are really sold out and it's going to be crowded then I 'm worried about not getting a AP or Disney visa discount

If you find out any factual info please post:)

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

-->

to hide this advert.
  4. MeghanNRileysMom

MeghanNRileysMom Mouseketeer

Just got off the phone with WDTC and found several GV and LV standard rooms available at the Polynesian. The dates I checked were for April 30th to May 9th. I didn't ask about GVC or LVC. The reservationist was unaware of any special event or room blocking during this time. I was getting nervous since I haven't booked yet! Hope this helps, I better get myself booked. Off to email my TA!

Edited to add: Just booked 2 Polynesian GV rooms with AAA discount for April 30th - May 9th.

5. MinnieFan4ever

MinnieFan4ever <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

We are planning a trip for that time frame as well. I think it is something like April 28- May 7th. We went during this time last year and the crowds were really good. :D

6. SAWYERMAW1

SAWYERMAW1 DIS Veteran

We had ressies 4/30-5/7 but are going to change them to the next week to avoid the May 5 crowds.

7. beautybelle

beautybelle DIS Veteran

My family and I are supposed to be arriving in WDW May 13. Is the crowds still going to be big at that time?

8. animallover

animallover Earning My Ears