how come teachers names are no longer..

I agree DocRafiki... just reflects that people from many diverse backgrounds and cultures now have the means to crack into a profession once out of their reach (for whatever reason there may be).

We don't find out which teacher DS has or classmates until the first day of school. I'm dying to see the list and DS wants to go find out himself. :(

We're lucky. DD's teacher is Mrs. Nowak. We have a Mrs. Johnson and, had a Mr. Johnston last year. Schmidt, Siebert, Menze, Graf, Turner, Wallner, Heinze, all pretty easy. About the hardest ones are Gyllstrom, (Principal) Schipull & (Pastor) Schoenfuhs.

I think the 'original' :rolleyes: kids' names are worse.

I love diverse names though, it reflects diversty. My last name isnt that hard,its six letters, but some people mess it up royally.. more spelled/written than spoken.

Yuck, Robin I can't imagine a school posting it on the day before, that is crazy. I was told yesterday that the reason they send the letters so late in the year, is because of some demanding parents (especially with kindergarten) Some parents don't like the teacher or the placement and would argue with the school office!

I think it used to be that regions stayed fairly true to their ethnic backgrounds, so names tended to be similar. Now everyone moves around so much, we are more of a melting pot. When I first taught in New York, no one could pronounce my very German last name. They kept saying "Shlitz" since that sounded somewhat normal to them. I, on the other hand, just about died the first time I had to say some of the Italian names!!! I was constantly asking other teachers how to pronounce them!!

I haqve an easy last name-it has only 3 letters in it ( Fay ) . I personally like the diversity of the names of my students. every year is different. Last year I had a class full of "disciples". I had a John, a Luke, a Gabriel, an Isaiah, .....My DD won't know who her teacher is until today or tomorrow. We just did Kindergarten placements last week-the latest I've ever seen it done!

This year, we have Mrs. Mitchell and Ms. Adams. Whew!

The hardest names we had were Ms. Ludjke (Loo-chee) and Mrs. Andreson (which is pronounced On-Dray-son, Not Ann-Der-son)

BK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter