How are the crowds the week before Thanksgiving?

mickeywdw4me

Mouseketeer
I am traveling on business and my sister in law will be jointing me with my granddaughter from Thursday - Sunday. I've always went the week after turkey day so I'm wondering about the crowd levels.

My family has been going the week before Thanksgiving for the past 4 years. We've always had a wonderful time because the crowds were low. Hardly any waits for rides. In fact, I got FFPs for this past trip and didn't need to use half of them. We jumped on the rides right away and then used the passes on other things or not at all. By thanksgiving eve it got very busy again. Love this week!

Since the Friday before Thanksgiving is the last check-in day free dining comes with resort reservation, the parks may get crowded end of week.

That being said, I'm in the same boat as you and hoping for low crowds.

I do know two other families checking in the Friday before T-giving in order to take advantage of free dining.

Enjoy your trip, the pleasant weather, and the Christmas decorations!:wizard:

My family is going to the parks 11/21 - 11/25. We have an off day on 11/26 and flying home Thanksgiving day because we got really good deals that way. We'll celebrate Thanksgiving early as a family with dinner at Ohana on 11/26. I live in Alaska and they all live in Texas, so we, too, are hoping for lesser crowds for this once in a lifetime vacation!

:stitch:

We went a few years ago (2011 I think) the last full week before Thanksgiving and crowds were very low. It was amazing, actually. One of my best Disney experiences ever was riding the Barnstormer about 8 times in a row (without getting off) around 7:30pm with my then-5-year-old and being given a "frequent flyer" card for her. In general, it was just a perfect time to be there, with warm-but-not-hot weather and very low crowds.

We just booked 11/14-19 and this whole free dining thing has me really worried about crowds. I'm having a terrible time booking ADRs. :( Let's all hope for the best!

Hi Ket, we too are going 11/15-11/22. We've normally gone the week after the thanksgiving week long break and have enjoyed very low crowds and cool weather. It's made for some really memorable trips. In the past we've only had the quick service dining plan so we never really had to make ADR'S. I too am a little worried since this time we have the next dining plan up,a quick service and take service per day, and having trouble getting ADR'S. I'm hoping for low crowds again and hopefully somewhat cooler weather.

I'm hoping they're low, but honestly I've been traveling down to WDW for the last few years now in November and December, and I've been surprised at how busy it's become.

We're going Nov 12 - 19, and it seems like most resorts are booked, and ADR's are not easy to come by either, I don't take that as a good sign!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter