How are December fast passes going?

Thanks all!!! I got everything I was hoping for other than I may have messed up my MVMCP day, but I will see. I booked the last day (60 + 3) first, which is our AK day. Earliest FOP for party of 4 was 1:10pm! Window opened this morning for 12/15 check in (non-park day):
12/16 (60 + 1) DHS: all morning times for TSM, TOT, ST
12/17 (60 + 2) MVMCP (no regular ticket this day, booked last after park days booked): SDMT 5:15pm (had several times to choose from), BTMRR 4:05-5:05, SM 3:05-4:05 (may cancel this one since it falls outside the party time, as we assume it's going to enter by 4pm, would not let me book a FP that ended after 6pm for any ride)
12/18 (60 + 3) AK: FoP 1:10pm, Safari 11:45, EE 10:30

I'm so thankful for all the tips on this board and thanks all for checking for me!

I too, had a ton of success this morning! I got just about everything I wanted perfectly. I arrive Dec 15th and here's what I got for 7ppl:

12/16 (60+1 or Day 2) MK: 7DMT earliest was 5pm, but got my morning Splash and BTMRR I wanted
12/17 (60+2 or Day 3) Xmas Party: I did what I have read the past couple of weeks and booked all of my FP for park days first, and then came back and did these. I do not have a 3rd ticket, so these were only booked using my Party tickets. I had no problems booking and had no error message saying I didn't have enough park tickets.... got PP 4p-5p, and 7DMT 5p-6p. In the past I overlapped in the 3oclock hours but didn't want to risk it. I have seen where most ppl had the most success staying within the 4p-6p hour timeframes. So I was over the moon happy with just 2 (instead of the 3 I would normally get). Now I just have to cross my fingers that I wont get the dreaded cancel your FP or else email.
12/19 (60+4 or Day 5) AK: I got early morning Mickey/Minnie M&G, Safari, and got a late morning FoP!!!! I could have gotten an earlier time, but I wanted a late morning FoP due to my plan I have in place.

All and all I got exactly what I wanted and the times I wanted it. The only one I didn't was 7DMT for Day 2 which I already knew going in I didn't have a chance for that. I will either keep my early evening time or see if I can score an early morning FP when they inevitably extend hours and open at 8am instead of the scheduled 9am they have now.

I will say that this morning, after I booked all my FPs, I went to modify a few times, and got the Olaf's head rolling (I was on Google Chrome). I had my ipad logged in to the app as well just in case, and was easily able to go on there and modify. I think the app actually gave me more time options than the computer.

I too had issues with Chrome and Explorer at some point and kept getting Olaf. I had a backup with the app on my phone and between my laptop and it, I was able to maneuver where I needed to go. Like you it was only when I came back to modify did I have an issue. Eventually it started working on my laptop again. For me the laptop gave me better choices and easier maneuverability.

The biggest pain I had was that I couldn't access my friend's son from their reservation for some reason even though we are supposed to be linked up. Luckily I was ready for audibles and had my friends login information and was able to go back and just add his son through my friend's accout to our group with the copy feature. Still a pain, especially once I started modifying, having to keep logging in and out.

BIG THANKS TO THIS FORUM!!!!! It was a great resource and just when I thought I knew everything, I learned something new with the TP FP availability thing :)

Last edited:
I found the app to be much faster and easier to book fp than the website by far! The website is ALWAYS glitchy and slow. Like someone else mentioned, you can't see all the times available but once you go back and modify, it seems more times are open.

Keep an eye out for a change in hours. They extended December 8th (also a party day) by an hour on Friday. They opened up more 7DMT FP times on Saturday and as of this morning there are still FP times available. So they're not going too quickly.
did they open earlier I assume?

so strange...you guys were right! so glad I read this thread....just made mine at 60+2 -we're only at AK for a short one day visit so no choice here- I tried firefox browser- nothing showed for FOP, then I used the app and saw one 6:55 pm slot and grabbed it instantly.... yahoo! I was online at literally 6:58 am checking too.... so I guess I only get one pandora slot for fp+? I picked FOP b/c I keep reading that's the one to grab.... we can just standby the boat ride I guess...

I too, had a ton of success this morning! I got just about everything I wanted perfectly. I arrive Dec 15th and here's what I got for 7ppl:

12/16 (60+1 or Day 2) MK: 7DMT earliest was 5pm, but got my morning Splash and BTMRR I wanted
12/17 (60+2 or Day 3) Xmas Party: I did what I have read the past couple of weeks and booked all of my FP for park days first, and then came back and did these. I do not have a 3rd ticket, so these were only booked using my Party tickets. I had no problems booking and had no error message saying I didn't have enough park tickets.... got PP 4p-5p, and 7DMT 5p-6p. In the past I overlapped in the 3oclock hours but didn't want to risk it. I have seen where most ppl had the most success staying within the 4p-6p hour timeframes. So I was over the moon happy with just 2 (instead of the 3 I would normally get). Now I just have to cross my fingers that I wont get the dreaded cancel your FP or else email.
12/19 (60+4 or Day 5) AK: I got early morning Mickey/Minnie M&G, Safari, and got a late morning FoP!!!! I could have gotten an earlier time, but I wanted a late morning FoP due to my plan I have in place.

All and all I got exactly what I wanted and the times I wanted it. The only one I didn't was 7DMT for Day 2 which I already knew going in I didn't have a chance for that. I will either keep my early evening time or see if I can score an early morning FP when they inevitably extend hours and open at 8am instead of the scheduled 9am they have now.

I too had issues with Chrome and Explorer at some point and kept getting Olaf. I had a backup with the app on my phone and between my laptop and it, I was able to maneuver where I needed to go. Like you it was only when I came back to modify did I have an issue. Eventually it started working on my laptop again. For me the laptop gave me better choices and easier maneuverability.

The biggest pain I had was that I couldn't access my friend's son from their reservation for some reason even though we are supposed to be linked up. Luckily I was ready for audibles and had my friends login information and was able to go back and just add his son through my friend's accout to our group with the copy feature. Still a pain, especially once I started modifying, having to keep logging in and out.

BIG THANKS TO THIS FORUM!!!!! It was a great resource and just when I thought I knew everything, I learned something new with the TP FP availability thing :)
TP FP?

Y'all, I am nervous about FP booking tomorrow!

I made a priority list, we'll see how I do.

1- Flight of Passage 12/18 AM
2- Seven Dwarves Mine Train 12/19 PM
3- Frozen Ever After 12/21 AM
4- Peter Pan 12/19 PM
5- Kilamanjaro Safari 12/18 AM
6- Startours 12/20 PM
7- Dinosaur 12/18 AM
8- Haunted Mansion 12/19 PM
9- Fantasmic 12/20 PM
10- Have to wait until day of- Rivers of Light 12/21 PM
11- Spaceship Earth 12/21 AM
12- Have to wait until day of- Rivers of Light 12/21 PM

Potentially solo FP for AM of 12/22 in MK.

If I can't get FOP I might try for Navi-but might leave the third open. A little nervous about the day of shows, but we'll be hopefully done before 11am so fingers crossed there is still availability. Wish you could split the three over several parks. As I understand it I can make two FP for one park and make the third for another park day of after I use the first one. Disney is so confusing to me!

We're there 12/17-12/22.
AK AM 12/18, EWS PM 12/18
MK PM/MVMCP 12/19
DHS 12/20 PM
EFW & EWS 12/21 AM, AK PM 12/21

We will only be on the parks for rope drops and evenings... I like the atmosphere, taking photos, watching wildlife, etc. When all the pushy people just trying to ride all the rides come I gotta bail. Excited to see Muppets in DHS & MK! Of course we'll try to hit a few more things in MK during or before the party probably, but these seemed like the most must do FP. I know Spaceship Earth is slower at times, but we want to do it in the morning. Likely will bite the bullet and grab MVMCP tix tonight.

4- Peter Pan 12/19 PM
6- Startours 12/20 PM
7- Dinosaur 12/18 AM
9- Fantasmic 12/20 PM
12- Have to wait until day of- Rivers of Light 12/21 PM

Potentially solo FP for AM of 12/22 in MK.

If I can't get FOP I might try for Navi-but might leave the third open. A little nervous about the day of shows, but we'll be hopefully done before 11am so fingers crossed there is still availability. Wish you could split the three over several parks. As I understand it I can make two FP for one park and make the third for another park day of after I use the first one. Disney is so confusing to me!

We're there 12/17-12/22.
AK AM 12/18, EWS PM 12/18
MK PM/MVMCP 12/19
DHS 12/20 PM
EFW & EWS 12/21 AM, AK PM 12/21

We will only be on the parks for rope drops and evenings... I like the atmosphere, taking photos, watching wildlife, etc. When all the pushy people just trying to ride all the rides come I gotta bail. Excited to see Muppets in DHS & MK! Of course we'll try to hit a few more things in MK during or before the party probably, but these seemed like the most must do FP. I know Spaceship Earth is slower at times, but we want to do it in the morning. Likely will bite the bullet and grab MVMCP tix tonight.
Are you planning on riding Space Mountain or BTMR? I'm only asking because I would get a FP for one of those instead of Haunted Mansion. I've always been able to grab a FP for Haunted Mansion as my 4th choice, but I've never been in December so it may be different then.

No issues with getting FPs this morning when the window opened for Saturday, Dec 16. I was able to get everything I was looking for on the dates I wanted and most of the times. It looked like most everything had plenty of availability. I won't bore anyone with all the details, but as for the harder-to-get FPs:

FoP: Day 60+4 at 11:40am and Day 60+6 at 9:05am (noted that FoP also was available on 60+1 for a mid-afternoon FP)
7DMT: Day 60 at 7:20pm and Day 60+3 at 10:15am

Didn't try for FEA, but saw that it had availability late morning and afterwards on Day 60+1. All other rides had plenty of times available (the trickiest were the 9:30 to 11:00 slots, but even those weren't hard). Oddly, the FP times for DHS were hardest to arrange - although maybe not that odd when there aren't that many FP options (plenty of FPs available for TSMM, ST and ToT on Day 60+2 - just that some of the timing during the afternoon and evening were odd).

I checked hours as well and there's been no update yet to the week of Dec 16 - assuming those increase as expected, we should see even more FPs available when that happens.

Edit: Also to add - I prioritized the FoP and 7DMT FPs when making selections, then added everything else later. My order of priority was FoP (60+4), FoP (60+6), 7DMT (60+3) and 7DMT (60).

Are you planning on riding Space Mountain or BTMR? I'm only asking because I would get a FP for one of those instead of Haunted Mansion. I've always been able to grab a FP for Haunted Mansion as my 4th choice, but I've never been in December so it may be different then.
Nope! ;) We don't do thrill rides.

4- Peter Pan 12/19 PM
6- Startours 12/20 PM
7- Dinosaur 12/18 AM
9- Fantasmic 12/20 PM
12- Have to wait until day of- Rivers of Light 12/21 PM.
If my experience this morning holds for you, the only one that might give you a little trouble is FoP on 12/18 AM. I tried for a FoP on Day 60+1 and only mid-afternoon was available. You may have better luck though since it's a Monday and not a weekend. Everything else looks very doable. Good luck!!
Agreed! Plus the interactive queue for Haunted Mansion is a lot of fun. I did take a FP for it one day (the line can get crowded and over an hour in mid-December), but I almost feel bad about missing the features in stand-by.

I was on at 7:00, but I couldn't get to my dates until 7:02 this morning. I was able to get FOP for 12/20 (60+4) but no other days. It was all I tried for -- going backwards from 12/21 to 12/16 -- to start. I had hoped to nail it down twice, but at least I got it once. We will go for RD on another day.

I did well for my first but it only let me book one fast pass in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening. Is this normal? It kept saying you already have fast pass booked for this period?

Similar experience as most on here this morning booking FP for Dec 16 to 23rd. Got everything we wanted and had to split out Navi River and FoP (was only available towards the end of the week). We have 10 in our group as well. Luckily, we like animal kingdom so we dont mind going twice.

You make one FP for one person, then go back and click on the change party button and add people on afterwards. There has to be availability left over obviously but makes it easier when moving around the site for me

Touring plans, fast pass
thanks! I'm trying to understand.... If I sign up for TP, they assist with FP times? and getting what we want? (I used to love listening to those guys when they ran their podcast)

Similar experience as most on here this morning booking FP for Dec 16 to 23rd. Got everything we wanted and had to split out Navi River and FoP (was only available towards the end of the week). We have 10 in our group as well. Luckily, we like animal kingdom so we dont mind going twice.
You can only do one tier 1 FP right? so on our one day we had to choose Navi River or FOP...(?) I think that's correct right?

You can only do one tier 1 FP right? so on our one day we had to choose Navi River or FOP...(?) I think that's correct right?

correct, thats why we had to choose to go to animal kingdom on two separate days if we wanted a FP for both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter