How are December fast passes going?

I booked ours this morning. We have a pretty long trip: Dec. 14-25. I had no problems getting anything I wanted, except I did not see any SDMT for 12/14 or 12/15.

I agree that making the time slots line up is tricky. I grabbed times that were as close to what I wanted as I could find, and then went back to modify. I did everything on the website.

My window opened this morning. I posted a new thread due to a funny quirk I ran into. Pretty funny. Here's how it went.

I was online right at 7 am this morning. After a frustrating start trying to use Firefox, I switched to Internet Explorer and was able to make Fastpasses for all of my preferred attractions on my planned days.

Then I went back to modify the times to my preferred timeslot and, through several iterations, was able to get all but one attraction within 5 to 10 minutes of my plan. Reserved:

FOP - on days 5 and 7
FEA - on day 8
Mine Train - on day 6

(I'm counting arrival day as Day 1 although we aren't entering a park that day)

I arranged our touring plans to hit the less competitive attractions early in our trip and that seems to have worked out well for Fastpasses.

Our window opened up this morning but we're only spending one day at AK (12/15) and nothing available for FOP :(

I also found it differs on the website vs the app. When I booked, my boyfriend was on the app and had limited times to choose from, but on the website I could see additional times and get the full range. I ended up editing most of his selections :surfweb:

I was exclusively on the website when I saw the modify vs initial booking issue.

I grabbed times that were as close to what I wanted as I could find, and then went back to modify.

I agree with this. However, if you like to have your FP times bunched together as tight as possible, you sometimes need to schedule one at the wrong time of day to give you space to adjust the other times without overlapping. . .and then move the outlier back to the preferred time. Just be sure to move the least competitive FP when you try this!

My FP window opened today and I was not able to get SDWT on my MK day (12/15) but I see it on other days. I scored one of the last slots of FOP on my AK day (12/17) those are the biggies everything else I wanted.

My FP window was on Friday and sadly we only had 60+4 days. The plan was to try and grab a FoP for before our flight, but when I looked the earliest was 3:45 pm. Way too late, but I grabbed it so I could try to modify either the fp or the flight. Neither ended up working out so I plan on releasing it. I know Fps go quickly so this may not work but I’m willing to try coordinating the release of the FP is anyone wants to Pm me and then try to grab it.

It’s for 3:45-4:45 pm Dec 16th for 2 people.

My FP window was on Friday and sadly we only had 60+4 days. The plan was to try and grab a FoP for before our flight, but when I looked the earliest was 3:45 pm. Way too late, but I grabbed it so I could try to modify either the fp or the flight. Neither ended up working out so I plan on releasing it. I know Fps go quickly so this may not work but I’m willing to try coordinating the release of the FP is anyone wants to Pm me and then try to grab it.

It’s for 3:45-4:45 pm Dec 16th for 2 people.

I would like to try to coordinate if you haven’t already with someone else. Should I pm you?

Booking tomorrow. Anyone know if FOP still available at all on 12/18? I'm prepared for disappointment, but fingers crossed? It's our only AK day on this short, short trip.

Booking tomorrow. Anyone know if FOP still available at all on 12/18? I'm prepared for disappointment, but fingers crossed? It's our only AK day on this short, short trip.

According to TP, yes there is still FP available from 1:20pm-8pm. I cant remember what time you were looking for, but there's still lots of hope! Their website just updated 5 minutes ago too, so unless more people flood through FP between now and 7am, you stand a good chance if TP is close to accurate!

Remember, in small print, they say FP availability for a party of 1, so some of those earlier times might be pretty limited, but still a great sign IMO for you

I booked yesterday and there was still FOP for 12-18.

I have a 6 nights trip but had no trouble getting what I wanted except for SDMT on 12-14 as someone else already reported. I assume it is because it is a party night and fewer available?

I booked yesterday and there was still FOP for 12-18.

I have a 6 nights trip but had no trouble getting what I wanted except for SDMT on 12-14 as someone else already reported. I assume it is because it is a party night and fewer available?

Keep an eye out for a change in hours. They extended December 8th (also a party day) by an hour on Friday. They opened up more 7DMT FP times on Saturday and as of this morning there are still FP times available. So they're not going too quickly.

Thanks all!!! I got everything I was hoping for other than I may have messed up my MVMCP day, but I will see. I booked the last day (60 + 3) first, which is our AK day. Earliest FOP for party of 4 was 1:10pm! Window opened this morning for 12/15 check in (non-park day):
12/16 (60 + 1) DHS: all morning times for TSM, TOT, ST
12/17 (60 + 2) MVMCP (no regular ticket this day, booked last after park days booked): SDMT 5:15pm (had several times to choose from), BTMRR 4:05-5:05, SM 3:05-4:05 (may cancel this one since it falls outside the party time, as we assume it's going to enter by 4pm, would not let me book a FP that ended after 6pm for any ride)
12/18 (60 + 3) AK: FoP 1:10pm, Safari 11:45, EE 10:30

I'm so thankful for all the tips on this board and thanks all for checking for me!

Last edited:
Randomly I checked at 6:00a this morning when I got up for work and there were three random times showing for FoP for 12/14 for 2 people (9:50, 12:30, 2:00) when I was checking to modify my NRJ. I snapped up the 2:00 (not ideal but we have other plans that morning and is better than 2 hours in line. Just wanted to share bc this shows that there is chance to pick one up/modify times if you are persistent!

I will say that this morning, after I booked all my FPs, I went to modify a few times, and got the Olaf's head rolling (I was on Google Chrome). I had my ipad logged in to the app as well just in case, and was easily able to go on there and modify. I think the app actually gave me more time options than the computer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter