How are December fast passes going?

Does anyone know how often TP updates their fastpass availability? I wanted to see where I'm at after this mornings round of FP. Just by looking at what's available last night and two rounds of people booking until I do (including this morning), it appears I'll be getting 7DMT in the afternoon at best on Sat Dec 16th. That jacks with my desire for 4th fp but it is what it is I suppose.

In all the years of planning and membership to the site, I never knew of the FP availability section (prob bc I never needed to know when we usually go), so thanks to those in this forum that shared!
I think it's once per day...around midnight...so it's usually a day behind the most recent 7a mad rush.

What day did you get FOP for? Just curious.

We got ours for Friday, December 15. It was six days into our trip and as soon as my fastpass window opened, I went to that day first and got what I wanted.

We got ours for Friday, December 15. It was six days into our trip and as soon as my fastpass window opened, I went to that day first and got what I wanted.
Our trip isn’t even 6 days long. We can only do ak on 60+3 that’s why I asked. Just curious.

How do you look at what they did December of last year?

Just looked at calendar history from TA calendars and KtPs old crowd calendars (he's recently deleted alot of last years). I know in the summer when I was planning for this December I was looking to see what days hours were extended in comparison to the days the dates of this year fall on. I don't know how to find out when they were extended but in sure with some digging it could probably be found

Our trip isn’t even 6 days long. We can only do ak on 60+3 that’s why I asked. Just curious.

When is your 60 day mark? It seems like right now 60+3 is a coin flip in getting FoP depending on the size of the party. +4 to +5 seems like the general consensus of when you should at least get something (not always but generally).

When is your 60 day mark? It seems like right now 60+3 is a coin flip in getting FoP depending on the size of the party. +4 to +5 seems like the general consensus of when you should at least get something (not always but generally).
Our 60 day mark is December 29 so I still have some time. We can only do ak on that day so if we don’t get a fp we will just have to wait in line

We have the same length of trip coming up, and our only AK day is 60 + 3. My FP morning is this Monday, so I'll update here as to what I am able to get (or not get!). Hoping for FOP on our AK day, but prepared to run with the bulls at RD if we don't get FP.

We have the same length of trip coming up, and our only AK day is 60 + 3. My FP morning is this Monday, so I'll update here as to what I am able to get (or not get!). Hoping for FOP on our AK day, but prepared to run with the bulls at RD if we don't get FP.
We are going March 2 so I'm hoping we have an easier time at getting a FP than December, but I'm just going to go into to it expecting not to get one. I'll wait for your update! I haven't decided if I want to try RD or wait it out later in the day/at night.

We are going March 2 so I'm hoping we have an easier time at getting a FP than December, but I'm just going to go into to it expecting not to get one. I'll wait for your update! I haven't decided if I want to try RD or wait it out later in the day/at night.

My only concern for waiting until late night is if the ride goes down and doesn't come back up. We only have one day at AK, so I can't risk it unfortunately. Good luck with your FPs!!

My only concern for waiting until late night is if the ride goes down and doesn't come back up. We only have one day at AK, so I can't risk it unfortunately. Good luck with your FPs!!
That's true, we only have one day there as well. I didn't even think about it breaking down. My plan is to just watch the wait times during the day. If it's 120 or less I'm waiting for it!

Good luck with your FPs as well!

That's true, we only have one day there as well. I didn't even think about it breaking down. My plan is to just watch the wait times during the day. If it's 120 or less I'm waiting for it!

Good luck with your FPs as well!

The reason I worry about this is that it happened the first time my DD was to ride TT. We had FP for it, but it was shut down on and off all day due to weather, so we kept getting in FP line, and never made it on the ride due to closure. Then we got in line for it (FP) about 30 minutes prior to park close, when it was finally open and we were in that area of EPCOT. She was literally about to board the vehicle, and it went down again. They said it would not come back up again that night. It was our last night of the trip. That was 5 years (and several trips) ago, and she still recounts that story when we ride TT!!! So... keep that in mind!

The reason I worry about this is that it happened the first time my DD was to ride TT. We had FP for it, but it was shut down on and off all day due to weather, so we kept getting in FP line, and never made it on the ride due to closure. Then we got in line for it (FP) about 30 minutes prior to park close, when it was finally open and we were in that area of EPCOT. She was literally about to board the vehicle, and it went down again. They said it would not come back up again that night. It was our last night of the trip. That was 5 years (and several trips) ago, and she still recounts that story when we ride TT!!! So... keep that in mind!
That sounds so horrible. I can't imagine waiting around all day like that and still not be able to ride it. Will you still take a late FP for FOP if that's all you can get?

That sounds so horrible. I can't imagine waiting around all day like that and still not be able to ride it. Will you still take a late FP for FOP if that's all you can get?

You bet! And I’ll keep trying to modify to earlier! Good luck to all of us!

Just did ours. A few notes as I found this very helpful leading up to our booking day:

-Our Day 1 FEA was pretty competitive, only the afternoon timeslots were there.
-FOP was there on our day 3 starting around noon. Didn't actually book it as we are doing a toddler trip.

Everything else we wanted was available but be aware, most of the time slots were all funky and frustrating to try and get without overlapping. We found a trick though, if you book and then go back and modify, there are way more options open when modifying versus the initial booking. Very odd but this allowed us to get our schedule to line up well. I have a suspicion they hold certain times from showing up so that later people booking have some options. The modify must bypass this...

Just did ours. A few notes as I found this very helpful leading up to our booking day:

-Our Day 1 FEA was pretty competitive, only the afternoon timeslots were there.
-FOP was there on our day 3 starting around noon. Didn't actually book it as we are doing a toddler trip.

Everything else we wanted was available but be aware, most of the time slots were all funky and frustrating to try and get without overlapping. We found a trick though, if you book and then go back and modify, there are way more options open when modifying versus the initial booking. Very odd but this allowed us to get our schedule to line up well. I have a suspicion they hold certain times from showing up so that later people booking have some options. The modify must bypass this...

I also found it differs on the website vs the app. When I booked, my boyfriend was on the app and had limited times to choose from, but on the website I could see additional times and get the full range. I ended up editing most of his selections :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter