Housing

how does this wellness or regular room thing work.
i will be 20 at move in day but i will be 21 in 2 weeks.
i am debating with myself about a wellness or regular room.
i am not a drinker, and i can be responsible for myself, but i dont want to get termed for a roommates or visitors poor choices.
is there a cost to move from wellness to regular.?
can i just start off in regular so i don't have to move?
i start jan 7th.
help please.

Actually, I've heard that when your birthday is that close to your move in date, they might just put you in a nonwellness so you don't have to move again in so short a time.

How many bathrooms do the apartments have?

It depends on how many people live in the apartments! Generally, from my experience (living in The Commons for a year and visiting friends in Chatham and Patterson) there is one bathroom to every bedroom, and every bedroom has two people. However, in the larger apartments (I think an eight person?), sometimes two bedrooms have to share a bathroom so it ends up being four people to one bathroom. However, most of the time they have a sink outside of the bathroom as well so you dont have to hog it up doing makeup or washing your hands or brushing your teeth. It ends up being pretty nice, considering at home I share a dorm bathroom with 5 other girls and occasional wandering strangers!

It's a decent ratio :D

My daughter did NOT have a cable connection in her bedroom (Chatham 3-bedroom). I'm pretty sure she brought her twin XL sheets from college and they were long on the matress, so I'm thinking it's a regular twin. (not positive though). Also, about dresser and closet space...she found she really did not need much "regular" clothes. Honestly you will be working in costume so much of the time you don't need a whole lot other than that. Of course you do need some for your days off and for classes, but she didn't use half of what she took with her (and she didn't really take much to begin with).

Oh I hope there's a connection in the bedroom!

There is a cable connection in the bedrooms at Patterson and an internet jack! But to be honest - even with a TV in my bedroom I NEVER watched it, and I'm usually a huge TV watcher. I just never had time to keep up with a regular show unless I watched it on-line. As long as you have a TV in the living room to watch movies with your roommates, then I wouldn't recommend bringing another one.

Yep! At first I was keeping my laptop in my locker... but it got annoying (and I trusted my roommate), so then I started to store it under my bed.

Thanks, that's reassuring. I might do that for a little while if I make it there. My laptop is my baby! :P

Is there a lot of room underneath the beds? How high are they off the ground?

I'm not sure how high they are off the ground, but someone in another thread suggested buying those bed risers (I think they are $20 at Bed, Bath, & Beyond or Target, etc). That way you can fit more under your bed (or if you plan on keeping a suitcase, that might fit under there too).

My daughter uses bed risers that we got at Target for $9. They lift the bed up about 5 extra inches. You can also get bed risers at Walmart. I saw one set for $18, that are adjustable(3,5,or8 inches). The extra space under the bed can really come in handy.

My daughter checked into a 3 bedroom in Patterson this week. The sheets are TWIN reg. Nice apt, but you have to walk a short distance to get to the bus stop at Chatham. She has a car, so this isnt too much of an issue, but if you have to depend on the bus, if could pose some challenges. They had a lot of closet space in the kitchen, BTW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter