Homemade autograph books...

If you start a new thread with clipboard directions, please make sure to post it so I can find it, LOL, I get dang lost on these here boards! :)

If you start a new thread with clipboard directions, please make sure to post it so I can find it, LOL, I get dang lost on these here boards! :)

here you go!!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1497522

also if you go to the swap subforum up above you can look in the swap glossary, New England Eeyore puts links in to my classes.

If you ever need something specific send me a Private message or just post here and put B&MB (that's me) in the title and I'll answer.

Thanks so much for your help on this. I never, ever would have even thought of this, let alone that I could do it and post about it!

I didn't have time to apply the 4 layers yet (since my DD woke up from her nap) but here is the almost finished product. I just may go out and buy another clipboard to make some more. This was fun to do (except for getting the paper around the 'clip').

Thanks for opening up my world to Modge Podge and wood products!

Very cool! You did a great job! I am still searching for the small clipboards. Neither my walmart nor Michaels had the small ones. :sad2: Though the regualr size was onl y 92 cents at walmart... :eek: I really want to get to small ones (one for each girl)...

Very cool! You did a great job! I am still searching for the small clipboards. Neither my walmart nor Michaels had the small ones. :sad2: Though the regualr size was onl y 92 cents at walmart... :eek: I really want to get to small ones (one for each girl)...

Thanks! I got mine from AC Moore and it was the last one...

One bit of advice if getting the type I did with the clip -- you'll want to use a zip tie to keep the clip open so you can mod podge underneath it.

Zip tie? I'm not sure what that is?
thx!

You can get these at any hardware store (home depot).

Here is a description and picture from a web site:

Zip Ties or Cable Ties have a million uses. They are commonly used to bundle electrical cables, but can be used for many other things. Great for automotive uses, construction, on the farm, and should be a requirement for every tool box. Great for temporary fixes as well as permanent installations. The larger sizes are commonly used in HVAC applications and by law enforcement for temporary hand cuffs.

CV-100B.jpg

I have been reading the boards for well over a month and have now just stumbled onto the creative ones! Thank you so much for posting this wonderful idea! I am going in Sept. with my DS5 and DD3 and am unsure whether they will do character autographs. I would have been very disappointed if I spent hours and hours making 2 autograph books that weren't even used. This way, I can make 2 very cute clipboards, that can be used past our vacation, even if they don't get autographs. I love the ones that have been posted - great job everyone!

Thanks for posting these and the instructions. We're taking our first trip in September and my dd's will be 2 and 5. I think this will be perfect for them! I'm going this weekend to get the supplies and give it a try.

I have been reading the boards for well over a month and have now just stumbled onto the creative ones! Thank you so much for posting this wonderful idea! I am going in Sept. with my DS5 and DD3 and am unsure whether they will do character autographs. I would have been very disappointed if I spent hours and hours making 2 autograph books that weren't even used. This way, I can make 2 very cute clipboards, that can be used past our vacation, even if they don't get autographs. I love the ones that have been posted - great job everyone!

Thanks for posting these and the instructions. We're taking our first trip in September and my dd's will be 2 and 5. I think this will be perfect for them! I'm going this weekend to get the supplies and give it a try.

you're welcome!!!

Welcome to our cozy little corner.

I am starting to make autograph books for me and my cousin, i wanted to have a hard sturdy front and back cover, do you think that chipboard would do the trick? does any one know where you can get sheets of it, or if there is something better i could use. i am planning on printing out individual cards and mounting them on a thick black cardstock, than puinching holes and using rings to hold them all together that when we are there if we decide we dont want to carry the whole thing around we can take the rings off and i can put them in my scrapbook later on.

My daughters were 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 when we went and they both LOVED to get the autographs and kept asking me for the books and pens. I didn't spend a lot of time on the covers though, knowing that I would discard them once I made autograph booksof the signatures. We made clipboards together. I gave them choices of Disney characters to put on their clipboards (stickers and die cuts from my Cricut) and then they glued them down, glittered and I modge podged it when complete.
Good luck!

Love the thread.... I made these autograph books for our June trip!

-I started by using blank sketchbooks I found in the stationary department (at Borders) but they also have them at craft stores.

-I used a variety of scrapbooking stickers, paper, and letters (from Michael's). For the characters I couldn't find I bought Avery "Sticker Project Paper" (Officemax) and googled images of the characters. I copied them into MS Word (about 4 to a page) and printed them out.

-I tied scrapbooking ribbon to the binding, and used a glue gun to keep them in place.

-I decided a black magic marker looked the best for the autographs, keeping in mind the characters don't like sharpies. I carried it around in a large zip-loc bag to prevent it from getting wet.

CIMG0728.jpg

CIMG0729-1.jpg

CIMG0730.jpg

CIMG0732.jpg

CIMG0733.jpg

CIMG0681.jpg

-Kristen

-I decided a black magic marker looked the best for the autographs, keeping in mind the characters don't like sharpies. I carried it around in a large zip-loc bag to prevent it from getting wet.

I just stumbled on this great thread. I am really enjoying the pictures and ideas.

I was curious... I didn't realize that there was a preference on pen. No Sharpies? Is it because they are permanent? What is the best type of pen to bring?

Thanks so much for the ideas. I am going to have to get looking for my supplies this week.
TIA

The characters will still use sharpie, but I think the Costuming Department appreciates washable markers! I like the look of the marker better than pen, so I picked up a washable felt pen. Worked great.

I am starting to make autograph books for me and my cousin, i wanted to have a hard sturdy front and back cover, do you think that chipboard would do the trick? does any one know where you can get sheets of it, or if there is something better i could use. i am planning on printing out individual cards and mounting them on a thick black cardstock, than puinching holes and using rings to hold them all together that when we are there if we decide we dont want to carry the whole thing around we can take the rings off and i can put them in my scrapbook later on.

do you have an empty or near empty notepad? That's what I use. I know you can buy chipboards sheets somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter