Homemade autograph books...

kimwim8

<font color=red>Won't admit to anything<br><font c
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this...but I'd love to hear about and see some of the homemade autograph books some people have made. I'm not too crafy, but I think I should be able to handle something that isn't too big to carry around in a backpack, but has room for signatures and to put pictures in after we get home.

Any suggestions are definitely welcome! :goodvibes

Most of us carry tags made out of cardstock usually 3x5 in size. It is easier than carrying a book. Put them in a ziploc bag and then have an extra bag in the room for the used tags. We bought a small clipboard at Walmart to hold the tags. I make our book when we get back.
Here are some pics of mine.
autograph1.jpg

autog2.jpg

autog3.jpg

autog4.jpg

autog5.jpg

autog6.jpg

autog7.jpg

autog8.jpg

autog9.jpg

buffy,
i love those. that's a great idea! thanks for sharing that with us!

Buffy - those are awesosme!! :worship:

I love the clipboard idea!! I doubt mine would come out that well, but I think I can do something similar when we get home. Is there a special place you order the Disney paper you used as backgrounds?

Buffy - those are awesosme!! :worship:

I love the clipboard idea!! I doubt mine would come out that well, but I think I can do something similar when we get home. Is there a special place you order the Disney paper you used as backgrounds?

I have actually gotten most of my Disney paper at ACMoore, Michael's and Joann Fabrics. www.mousememories.com has a lot of disney papers too.

Give me about 20 minutes and I'll post pics of my clipboards.

Here are the clipboards we carried.

47b7dc33b3127cce812a26374eca00000016108AaN3DJi5ZMu
47b7dc33b3127cce812a261b4ee600000016108AaN3DJi5ZMu

47b7dc33b3127cce812a26d74e2a00000026108AaN3DJi5ZMu
47b7dc33b3127cce812a2618cfd500000046108AaN3DJi5ZMu

The clipboards were from the $1 wood section at ACMoore and measured about 4 x 6. Each of my kids designed their board and I did the work. :)

I then took the autograph and picture and put them in a spiral book. I used plain cardstock to match the title (mostly from swaps). Not a whole lot of embellishment, but my DD loves it! She even took it to school for show and tell. :)

Here are our clipboards. I used scrapbook paper to cover them and modge podge to adhere the paper to the clipboard and to seal them. The stickers didn't stay very well though so I would suggest clipart printed on paper to decorate them and modge podge several layers over the whole thing.

FYI baby wipes take sharpie ink off the modge podge. You can buy modge podge in the glue section of a craft store or sometimes where the rub ons are.

clipboard1.jpg

clipboard2.jpg

clipboard3.jpg

clipboard4.jpg

clipboard5.jpg

clipboard6.jpg

clipboard7.jpg

clipboard8.jpg

BTW not sure how far south in NJ you are but they did open a huge Michael's in, I think, Rio Grande last year. It was with either a Home Depot or Lowes.

They did! I just drove by it last week. How do you know that? :scared1: You know everything!!

OMG, you guys ROCK! Those are awesome!!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

You should make those and sell them on ebay! Do you take requests? :rolleyes1 :teeth:

buffy the stickers did not stay on good under the mod podge? i was thinking maybe i would try and make my son one for our trip. so, you just put the paper on the board and mod podged it?? or do you glue the paper on first? sorry for so may ?'s.

thanks

I gently roughed up the clipboard with fine grit sandpaper, modge podged the clipboard, stuck the paper down, put the stickers (and other stuff) down and modge podged 4 layers over it. I think I needed more layers of modge podge and I needed more drying time in between. I was pressed for time because I decided to do them for all the kids at the last minute. I had only planned to bring 1.

Looking at Peter Pan the tag, which is just as thick as the stickers is really on there. I can't even run my finger nail over the edge. But the stickers are peeling. I wonder if it has something to do with the sticky part of the sticker. Maybe it reacts with the modge podge. The sticker is still sticky but the edges are curling. Or the sticker is to slick on the top and the MP isn't sticking to it.

Peter is on there really well so I think I really needed more layers.

So I just started looking into this.....first time at Disney w/dd.

Why are you using a clipboard and cards instead of books? It is easier/more convenient that way or is it simply b/c you want to put togehter a nicer scrapbook type of thing with the autographs once you get home?

So I just started looking into this.....first time at Disney w/dd.

Why are you using a clipboard and cards instead of books? It is easier/more convenient that way or is it simply b/c you want to put togehter a nicer scrapbook type of thing with the autographs once you get home?

I use a clipboard for lots of reasons. All of my kids (4) have separate books so I didn't want to lug all of them around. I had the WDW autograph books but some of the characters wrote on back to back pages so it messed up my system of pulling the pages out to scrap. Using tags also dictates the size of the autograph, characters will take up all the space you have. So if you have a 12x12 page they will take up most of it, if it's 3x5 they will use that. That way I can put the tag on the same page as my pics.
I would put about 6 tags on each clipboard the night before and carried them in a ziploc bag. Then depending on how many characters we saw I would refill at lunch. DD needed refilling more because this last trip was her first.
Oh and the clipboard gave the characters a nice hard surface to write on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter