Home resort

TDERadulski

BWV DVC 2003
I have a soon to be newbie question..
If I buy, through resale, points at the BWV, that will become my home resort. What happens if I later purchase points at SSR? Does SSR become my *new* home resort, do I have two home resorts, or would BWV remain my one and only home resort?

You would have two home resorts. The points you own at BWV would be available for the 11 month window at that resort, and the points you own at SSR would be available for the 11 month window there. Points from both combined would be available at the 7 month window at any of the other DVC resorts.

Home resort is for the 11 month reservation - you make 11 month before your vacation time with your home resort - the other DVC resort it is 7 months

so how many points you brought at BWV is how many points that you can make a reservations at BWV 11 months before

I you buy an add on at SSR - then you can use these points to make a reservation at SSR 11 months in advance.

that is all home resort is.

and yes if you buy 150 points at each place - then each place will be your home resort. however most of us buy different amounts at the other resorts and still consider our main puchase (where you have the most points) as your home resort.

You must have a 150 points at one resort before you can add on at another. So you could have 150 points at BWV, and 50 at SSR - you would have 2 home resorts - but since most of your points are at BWV - that is where DVC would say is your home resort.

have I confused you more.

An important point you may already know is that you can bank and borrow each set of points separately. So, if you have 150 at BWV you can bank one year's worth of BWV points, and borrow one year's BWV points for a total of 350 points at BWV available for the 11 month booking window regardless of how your using your other resorts points during those years. That let's you save up for a gv.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter