Home for the Holidays-Wizards-Grinches and Sparkles. 14 nights @Royal Pacific Resort, Nov/Dec 2021

I’ve been looking forward to your WL visit! We stayed there once for Marathon Weekend and really enjoyed how peaceful it is. The lobby is gorgeous, and you had a fabulous tour. I love to see you meeting up with people, it showcases all the fun you are having. All four of you look completely delighted! I’m glad you rubbed Humphrey’s nose for good luck 🍀

Your dinner at WCC looks yummy. The all you can eat skillets are a sight to behold. I’m also glad to see you stepped on Disney property without triggering an apocalypse 🤣

All in all a wonderful visit 🥰

How true!! We did wait for the rumbles as we got out of the car.......lol......

I remember you saying you had stayed there and enjoyed it. Yes, it was a lovely place and the lobby is very impressive for sure. And yes, we all had a lovely time getting together.....
The food was excellent, I don`t think either Janet or Tom got any extra, they both had just the one skillet each, but it was more than enough, they were very nice.

Does everyone know who Humphrey is........ :rotfl: I guess we must have been the only ones who hadn`t heard of him...... :thumbsup2

THURSDAY DECEMBER 2ND

We were up early as usual this morning.....we always say we`re going to sleep late, but we never do. And this trip was only 2 weeks, so we really wanted to make the most of every moment and it was passing by so fast now!!!

Up for breakfast and we did eat a doughnut each this morning on top of our usual breakfast......my excuse is, I can`t do the rides on an empty tummy!! Some people prefer to ride with nothing in their tummy, but that`s the worst idea for me, I need to be sugared up.

We got the boat this morning and we had just missed one, but there was another heading in, so we didn`t wait too long. I did laugh when the boat Captain asked one man if he was going camping for the day......I often joke about the size of folks rucksacks, but this guy......I swear he could have had a teenager inside it......it took up a whole seat and looked as if it weighed a ton! He didn`t find the comment funny, which made me laugh........you have to see the funny side of things at times!

Tom`s finger prints again, worked ok, we did wonder if that was going to work from now on, but who knew.......

The park was lovely, and very busy in parts, but in other areas, it was like a ghost town. We noticed we had spent very little time in the Studios this trip, something we would alter in our next trip when we had much more time to get around to everything. We do love this park too and at times I think I prefer it to IOA, but it has the Velocicoaster now.....that overrides everything!

Our first stop this morning was Shrek which would be our final ever visit to it as it would be closed in January to be replaced with a minion alternative.....not sure I like the sound of what`s planned, but who knows.......I`m sure they`ll do it justice whatever it is.

Shrek is always a once per trip, and it was cute but not something you`d miss if you passed it by. We won`t miss it as such, although we do watch the movie once a year.......they`re keeping the Shrek/Donkey meet and greet which is so much fun and we meant to do it this trip, but just never got around to it.....another thing we just didn`t have the time to do.

I made sure I had comfort shorts on this morning as we wanted to do RRR.....I was cautious as it can be incredibly rough if you don`t get the front, so we always ask for that and usually it`s fine. There was a little line, but with EP it was a walk on and we did get the front.......but my goodness even the front wasn`t as smooth as it used to be.

I do love the feeling of pulling the harness over your middle and setting off for that divisive and daunting 13 second climb to the top.......some love it, some hate it.......we love the climb (now) the first time I hated it and thought I was going to fall out......but after that I loved it. Tom and Kyle used to ride this over and over all those years ago, for me, I could do it once, maybe twice but it knocked my head a little too much, so I knew if I wanted to get through the rest of the day, minimal rides on this one. But, it is fun although towards the end it`s just a little too twisty and turny when it`s not so smooth.

We only did this once this morning and that was enough. I`m not sure I`ll bother to ride it again, of course never say never.

We do love Gramercy Park in the NY area of Studios.......although not as green as normal, it`s still a very pretty area we do like to wander through when we can.

i-C6scnCd-X2.jpg

The permanent Christmas Store in the Studios is just off Gramercy Park and is much smaller than it`s counterpart in IOA, but they do have the same scents and aromas as you enter, and you can get most of the main decorations they stock, it`s just tiny in comparison. And it is nice to see another permanent Christmas place in the parks.

i-fvJLPXk-X2.jpg

The famous yellow taxi you just have to take your picture beside.......

i-Dm2qGXL-X2.jpg

i-VbKDc5V-X2.jpg

Of course we had to go on the Mummy. Next year it`ll be down for around 8 months for a massive refurb so we won`t be on it during our May trip, and we love this ride although it does feel rougher than usual these last few visits.

Again, we like the front here, doesn`t seem as harsh on the old back when you land, and it`s just a better ride altogether. This was fun today, we did it twice, both times in the front row and I think that was enough for today on this one. I hope they do a full track refurb when it`s being done.

We did look for the older man who has been one of the Mummy stiltwalkers forever and a day........we had our picture taken with him every year since the first visit, kinda like a tradition, but we didn`t see him today. I know he`s still there from others, but he is one of the classics of the area.

i-czKTGHr-X2.jpg

i-dH8Bfpz-X2.jpg

And we always wander round the back areas as you see so much detail.....

i-ckhXcG3-X2.jpg

i-HSXQPxp-X2.jpg

Every window in the parks that have a name on them, usually have some kind of reference to someone who has a connection to Universal Hollywood/Orlando at some point......one of the fascinating little pieces of info that no one cares about usually, but my brain decided things like that matter apparently.......lol......

Terry Winnick for example was the former Executive Vice President and General Manager of Universal Studios Hollywood, since passed away.

i-H6Zk5zh-X2.jpg

The restrooms are not left out the amazing designs around the parks.......this has to be one of the most exotic entrances to bathrooms ever.....very impressive......they do have a very urban feel to them.

i-RTHzFsf-X2.jpg

I absolutely love this picture below.......

i-xCFpGvv-X2.jpg

And even in the ladies themselves you see the detail that is so prevalent in the parks everywhere......

i-73vBRjw-X2.jpg

i-Kf2w2CB-X2.jpg

We were slowly wandering round the park and it was beautiful looking over the lagoon, it was warm and we just felt so lazy strolling around and smiling constantly in this sunshine........I may have emailed a few friends with pictures of us in this hot sunshine as they endured the horrible cold, wind and snow back home... :rotfl:

Yes, I did get the odd reply.......similar to this!!!

i-jxmmJKH-Th.gif

i-FBkqgMb-X2.jpg

We were heading to IOA as we were meeting Maria (worfiedoodles) and her husband for lunch at Confisco Grille at 12.30 so we decided to take the Hogwarts Express over for a change.

It`s so easy to walk, doesn`t take long but we hadn`t done the train this way in a while and we did like where you disappear into the wall the way Harry and co did.

It was so quiet!

i-RzWzGSb-X2.jpg

It does feel like a UK train station in many ways, well maybe from many years ago though, modern stations don`t have that old traditional feel anymore.

i-B8R7Ln9-X2.jpg

i-5Qcvr8R-X2.jpg

And as there was no one around, well I did tell one couple to walk past as we were taking pictures, but we had time to capture that famous moment everyone wants to recreate......well, most folks....and certainly us......we love it!!

i-wmKFPcF-X2.jpg

i-vDhmmdc-X2.jpg

And after I had disappeared Tom got this weird one of him....obviously the effect of the mirrors but he`d never got this one before of himself.......kinda cool, but we`re easily pleased.

i-83gSj3w-X2.jpg

Tom heard a woman make a sarky comment as they passed us here.......I laughed when he said what it was, not worth repeating but my goodness there are some miserable bitter folks out there.........

i-Wjt6vG8-Th.gif

I`ll never let anyone`s nasty comments affect me......folks can say what they like about me.......

This train is everything you think of when HP comes on.......and of course like so many other things, you have to capture a picture or two every single visit.......

i-x2pkbdm-X2.jpg

We were sharing a carriage today and they were a nice group of young uns......it`s always nice when folks will chat when you`re in together and they did chat away. We were taking a selfie with the camera, never have really mastered them, and they offered to take our picture so we gladly accepted.........

i-JkMWf7j-X2.jpg

We do like the train, and it`s different each way....I`m sure there might be someone who doesn`t know that......but it is a fun ride both ways and be sure to keep an eye on the door as well as the window.

It doesn`t take long to get to the other park and as we look down towards Hogsmeade it does look busy......we`re not heading that way today though.

i-56qdDKM-X2.jpg

We stopped in to see how long the wait was for the VC, and it showed 45 minutes, which meant we would wait less than 30 minutes, so we headed in and one rather nice lady looked at my dress and asked if I`d been on it before.......lol.......I thanked her and said we`d been on it many times, so I had known to wear comfort shorts under the dress.......

The line moved fast and it was around a 20 minute wait for us and I`d have waited longer if I had to.......this ride is worth the wait!! We didn`t get the back row today but 2nd from back which was still fun and you do feel the airtime so much more at the back......and wow wow wow again......this ride will never get old!

We only did it once as the line was a little longer when we looked again, we`d do it again plenty of times.

Sneetch Beach is a wonderful little hidden in broad daylight treat to see.......some folks don`t wander this far down but it only takes a few seconds to pop down.

The Sneetches have left the radio on while they dip into the water and you can see their sandcastle they had built earlier along with their towels.....it`s just cute.

i-8rnNmSx-X2.jpg

i-bgVBHtg-X2.jpg

i-W2kvx4n-X2.jpg

And of course we can`t help but take some more images of our new favourite coaster......

i-sZ7pDTM-X2.jpg

We came back up to do the Trolley Train in the Sky......yes, a kids ride, but not to be missed and you see over the parks which do look so pretty, but the views are not to be missed either.

We were heading round to Confisco and we ran into some Who`s........

i-hdB8dHf-X2.jpg

And then some more........they really are the most colourful of characters and stay exactly in character as they should and how you would expect them to be......the character interactions in the Universal parks are and always have been phenomenal......

i-h2K75Fn-X2.jpg

Tom had a similar sign up in his office when we was in his previous business life.....he did like to run the place!!!!

i-Z6JmXPn-X2.jpg

More to come........

Last edited:
Oh what I'd give for some Florida sunshine right now!
It looks beautiful in your photos.
I did not know the train was different each way and wow that station was empty! Great photo of you disappearing into the wall.
Tom has the most infectious smile! The photo of you both on the train had me smiling too. No idea why some people are so grouchy but good on you for not letting them dampen your mood. Your TR is really making me want to visit Universal.

Just look at those Who’s! They are so friendly and cheerful, they really make the holiday come alive 🎄 The high in the Sky trolley ride is one of my favorites. I know it’s silly but I really do enjoy the views and kind of ignore whatever soundtrack is playing. I think we’ve heard 4 or 5 different ones over the years.

I’m looking forward to The Mummy rehab. I think it’s going to incorporate new tech and be a very smooth ride.

I love you going through the platform and disappearing. Great photos!

I don’t think I’ve ever been in the U.S. Christmas store, but now I think I have to make it a point to visit.

You packed a lot into the morning!

Oh what I'd give for some Florida sunshine right now!
It looks beautiful in your photos.
I did not know the train was different each way and wow that station was empty! Great photo of you disappearing into the wall.
Tom has the most infectious smile! The photo of you both on the train had me smiling too. No idea why some people are so grouchy but good on you for not letting them dampen your mood. Your TR is really making me want to visit Universal.

I know what you mean....we have brilliant sunshine right now as the fog has cleared, but it`s 0c with a real feel of lower, so not exactly inspiring warm thoughts outside!

Yes, I have pictures of the station completely empty on various trips, we have been quite lucky with crowds previously. And I do like that picture when you disappear into the wall. We`ve often stood back and let folks take the same picture and only once or twice have the folks behind us gripe about it. Most folks are quite patient.

Thank you, I`ll tell him that.......:)

Oh goodness yes, we can`t wait to get back to Universal, it is so beautiful....... :thumbsup2

Just look at those Who’s! They are so friendly and cheerful, they really make the holiday come alive 🎄 The high in the Sky trolley ride is one of my favorites. I know it’s silly but I really do enjoy the views and kind of ignore whatever soundtrack is playing. I think we’ve heard 4 or 5 different ones over the years.

I’m looking forward to The Mummy rehab. I think it’s going to incorporate new tech and be a very smooth ride.

I love you going through the platform and disappearing. Great photos!

I don’t think I’ve ever been in the U.S. Christmas store, but now I think I have to make it a point to visit.

You packed a lot into the morning!

You know we did seem to be busy every day, but when we got home Tom asked me what the heck we did the whole time.......lol......

Oh not silly at all, it`s a lovely little ride and so many pass it by as they consider it a kiddie ride......the views are lovely. And yes, the Who`s are tremendous.

Goodness yes, The Mummy is in dire need of reworking, I do look forward to being back on it come September. Universal usually run pretty well to schedule so I`m confident it`ll be open by then.

That little store is worth a visit, but we always end up buying from the larger store in IOA.

The food was excellent, I don`t think either Janet or Tom got any extra, they both had just the one skillet each, but it was more than enough, they were very nice.
I think I plowed thru half of mine. Puke t believe the amount of pulled pork, turned out to be my fav on the platter That’s a rarity fir me, usually find it too dry.
I need to be sugared up.
Haha that needs to be embroidered on a three pillow!
I`ll never let anyone`s nasty comments affect me......folks can say what they like about me.......
Seriously, how can you complain over being able to jump ahead in line?
Just look at those Who’s! They are so friendly and cheerful, they really make the holiday come alive
I missed seeing them wah. Glad to see the pic!

The Grinch was in the storytime area and there was a fairly long line to see him......and there was a cute little show going on outside too to entertain those waiting....

i-sfbmZf5-X2.jpg

He did make a very brief appearance out here and promptly waved his butt at the watching crowds........funny guy!!

i-gpKjtvk-X2.jpg

One of our favourite scenes from The Grinch movie.........

i-gwsX5Kp-S.gif

lol.........

The colours are always vibrant here, but my goodness, the brilliant sunshine today made them stand out even further and everything looked stunning.

i-tjkGv3G-X2.jpg

I`m not the biggest gardener in the world, and don`t know much about plants and so on, but, the resorts, parks and walkways are all filled with the most gorgeous displays at times.....as I say, not a clue what kind of flowers they are, but they do brighten up many corners of the parks.

i-57GBLsH-X2.jpg

i-hwqKsfk-X2.jpg

I think this was the quietest we had managed to see this spot the whole trip, usually it`s heaving with people, but there are odd pockets where there aren`t masses of crowds wandering through or all stopping for the same picture.

i-SL2F6Kf-X2.jpg

i-D6srPpz-X2.jpg

We checked in to get a table at Confisco and we asked if we could eat upstairs. It was originally opened up again as an AP area for a while, but now I think anyone can eat up there......they certainly never asked if any of us had one.

It was slightly early so Tom snapped some pictures and he headed upstairs to get some more and I waited in the entrance for Maria. I was glad of the cool as it was very, very hot out there today.

Maria and I keep in touch regularly and had done for quite a while, so this was the first time we had met up in real life, and we were so looking forward to it.

She is one of the 4 very special ladies who have listened to me gripe and moan over the last two years about not being able to travel and have been very patient with my frustrations of not being allowed to visit our favourite place......so along with macraven, keishashadow (both of whom have been friends for the longest time) and Lori (J`aime Paris) I was eternally grateful to them for their friendship especially over this time which did look bleak at times.

We do also have lots of fun chats too......lol......

Confisco is one of our favourite places to eat and although our experience hadn`t been brilliant last week, it was definitely a one of and very unusual, and there are some lovely little Easter Eggs around the place too.

It`s themed as a restaurant where travellers and sellers from afar would stop off with items to sell, but some of their more unusual items were confiscated and you can see those in varying places around the restaurant, particularly in the entrance when you look up.

There are several nods to all the areas in the park including a hat like cat in the hat, a giant prehistoric skull supposed to represent JP and so much more.

i-tQ7w2Th-X2.jpg

i-vmjVPgh-X2.jpg

Upstairs is very nice......a little bare in places, but feels very light and airy too.

i-g49dTc7-X2.jpg

i-Z2cwqpB-X2.jpg

i-825VRWx-X2.jpg

i-gXP9Fg4-X2.jpg

i-2t3dz7c-X2.jpg

i-cWP9737-X2.jpg

Right on time Maria appeared and we finally got to have a big hug and a big hello.....we both knew we were both huggers so we were ok. Some folks don`t want to hug in this climate but, we`re not hug averse at all......and Maria was as lovely as I knew she`d be in real life.

It was wonderful to finally meet up with another Dis friend and of course now a real life friend I`m glad to say.

I always think we`ve been so lucky with friends we`ve made from the Dis, people come into your life for a reason, I`ve always believed that......we have met the odd person who did not have good motives, but you can spot those folks instantly and we always have.

We always have two batteries for the camera and we "always" charge one when we get back to the room so that we have a spare one if the battery in the camera dies suddenly........as it did today as Tom was taking pictures!! No problem, I brought the spare "charged" battery out of my handbag and he popped it in.......

Yes, you guessed it..........that battery hadn`t been charged!!!!

i-8JBhdvm-Th.gif

I almost had a panic attack!!!! Yes, our pictures are important to us.......especially when we want to capture meets with friends........::yes::

But, Tom said there may be a few images left in the battery that was about to give up the ghost.........and we did get our long awaited for picture.......and I really like this picture, so I`m glad he managed to get at least one of us together.

i-jtDFsvX-X2.jpg

Our poor waiter came up twice and we still hadn`t glanced at the menu`s yet.....we were so busy chatting as we all got on like a house on fire, but eventually we did manage to glance and choose some options and Tom did manage to get the food before the battery did give up completely.

I think this was the Southwest Salad with chicken for Mr Worfiedoodles.......and it did look lovely and very fresh.

i-B5Nh7ww-X2.jpg

Maria`s dish was the Butternut Squash Ravioli which was part of the original AP menu, but it had proved popular and they kept it.....it looked lovely and good portion for sure.

i-hJJt7hV-X2.jpg

Tom went again for the pork belly Banh Mi sandwich and it was beautiful today, not tough like last time.......

i-K3JHGnK-X2.jpg

I opted for the Char Sui summer rolls which came with a sweet chilli and a peanut sauce........

i-FBw9tMd-X2.jpg

The men had coffee and Maria and I both had one their lovely cocktails......we chose The Raptor Claw.....and very nice it was too!!

i-B4jmdHf-X2.jpg

All the food was delicious, and we had an excellent man looking after us today, he was very attentive and nice too. This had been a lovely lunch and time had again passed so quickly and it was time to go our separate ways. Their son was with them on this trip, so they were meeting back up with him after lunch........

So, we regretfully said our goodbyes and we`d look forward to the next time we could meet up again in the parks...hopefully very soon.... ::yes::

It was super hot now.......I can`t remember what we originally planned to do this afternoon, but we had a change of plan and headed back to the hotel to do some laundry, and we were also incredibly excited as our favourite person who was back at work from his trip and we would see him today!!! We do keep in touch of course, but after 2 years I couldn`t wait to see my favourite man in the whole world 🥰......and yes, Tom knows.......lol........

More to come.........

I think I plowed thru half of mine. Puke t believe the amount of pulled pork, turned out to be my fav on the platter That’s a rarity fir me, usually find it too dry.

Haha that needs to be embroidered on a three pillow!

Seriously, how can you complain over being able to jump ahead in line?

I missed seeing them wah. Glad to see the pic!

Tom loved the pulled pork too.......it was a lot of food though I have to admit...I noticed Tom didn`t share much with me....usually a sign he is very much enjoying it!!

Oh didn`t I tell you about that comment!!!! I thought I did......no, she made a comment about folks who wrote dreadful TR`s on websites....only she wasn`t as polite as that, I`m sure the common name for detritis was mentioned..........I`m assuming she meant me.......lol.......I think she must have heard me laugh when Tom told me what she muttered to the person with her as I hadn`t heard properly.......and you know me, I have a loud laugh!!!

The Who`s are all amazing.......every one of them...... ::yes::

Oh didn`t I tell you about that comment!!!! I thought I did......no, she made a comment about folks who wrote dreadful TR`s on websites....only she wasn`t as polite as that, I`m sure the common name for detritis was mentioned..........I`m assuming she meant me.......lol.......I
Aaah, I do recollect now. Only a twit could be so miserable when in the parks. You should’ve summoned management, the HHN design staff obviously left one of their witches behind there.

Aaah, I do recollect now. Only a twit could be so miserable when in the parks. You should’ve summoned management, the HHN design staff obviously left one of their witches behind there.

lol, that`s funny......everyone`s not going to like us, and that`s ok, I`m good with that, there`s some folks I can`t be doing with for sure!

But, I agree in the parks, who could be so miserable! But, I obviously left an impression with her for her to feel ok about making such a comment........bless her little heart........ 😉

We had such a wonderful time having lunch with you and Tom! It really was a lovely space and a delicious meal, and the company was absolutely delightful! Love your account of our first meeting, although it really was like getting together with old friends 🥰🥰🥰 Can’t wait to do it again! 🤗🤗🤗

So glad you guys finally got back!!! Had been thinking of you guys a lot and had not been on the boards for awhile and then found this, so awesome!!! Sorry we couldn't meet up, maybe someday. My Mom and I actually left Naples, FL and moved back home to PA, so not sure when I will get back but maybe someday. So glad to see you both were able to make it back though and love reading along with all your fun adventures!!!

We had such a wonderful time having lunch with you and Tom! It really was a lovely space and a delicious meal, and the company was absolutely delightful! Love your account of our first meeting, although it really was like getting together with old friends 🥰🥰🥰 Can’t wait to do it again! 🤗🤗🤗

Thank you Maria......yes, it was lovely and we absolutely will see you in May for another meet up.......it`s not too far away now too...... :wave2:

So glad you guys finally got back!!! Had been thinking of you guys a lot and had not been on the boards for awhile and then found this, so awesome!!! Sorry we couldn't meet up, maybe someday. My Mom and I actually left Naples, FL and moved back home to PA, so not sure when I will get back but maybe someday. So glad to see you both were able to make it back though and love reading along with all your fun adventures!!!

:welcome: back jnjusoioa.......

It`s good to see you post again........

Yes, I`m sorry we couldn`t say hello.......and hope you`re settled back in PA now. Florida isn`t going anywhere, I`m sure you`ll get back at some point.

But, hope things are going well for you now and hope you enjoy the TR too......:wave2:

We got back home and did some laundry and then headed up to the Club Lounge........our friend was back at work today and he knew we`d be up in the lounge around 5pm, and I was just standing at the desk when he appeared and I almost burst into tears when I saw him!! After so long it was wonderful.

He really is the most special person to us and again, catching up through emails is nice but seeing him and getting hugs is the best! Tom followed him in a few minutes later and said he knew I`d be in tears.....lol.......

We sat down and had the best catch up and things like did we need a late check out the day we were leaving......but it was just lovely seeing him again. We had kept each other updated on all that was going on in our lives.....and he kept us updated on the hotels situations and after telling him so many times out trips wouldn`t be happening, it was lovely sending him the email saying our tests were negative, we would be coming....finally!!

A lady who used to be his assistant came up too and said she knew she`d find him here as she knew we were back, and it was lovely to see her too, she is just the nicest lady and we always love to see her too.

Eventually they set off after we had a good old chatter and we knew we`d see him again, although we were running out of days at this point!!

We sat for a while and then headed off to go out for dinner, we were going to Red Lobster which has always been a favourite place for us to eat and we always went to the one down by the Convention Centre.

Although we had been watching the NASA/SpaceX sites as SpaceX were launching Falcon 9 tonight after a delay from the previous night. It was carrying 48 Starlink satellites and 2 observational satellites and we thought it was going to be later, but we had on the radio and they were announcing the take off as we were driving down I-Drive......typical........but we just managed to see it.........well, barely.......

That little orange glow was the rocket........and it still gives us the shivers seeing them go........ ::yes::

i-mWzbKJB-X2.jpg

We parked up at RL and immediately thought how quiet it looked, usually the parking lot is busy, and when we walked in it was definitely quieter than we`d ever seen it.....not usually a good sign for a normally busy restaurant.

But, we took a booth near the bar and I ordered my old favourite the strawberry Lobsterita.......and I will say straight off.....it was light on alcohol compared to previous visits. Usually you could taste the rum.

i-7DpNXt6-X2.jpg

Cheddar Bay biscuits were delivered and it was the barman who was taking our orders and delivering the food tonight, there was a distinct lack of staff around compared to usual. I would guess there were 3 other booths filled and one man at the bar who was there for endless shrimp.......that was it.

i-5jRtLXR-X2.jpg

I ordered the choose 3 items and got lobster, steak and bacon wrapped scallops which came with fries and coleslaw, and have to say the steak here is always lovely and very well cooked for a seafood restaurant, I`d asked for it rare and it was indeed rare.

i-vbJVJKP-X2.jpg

Tom ordered the lobster, garlic scampi and shrimp skewer again with fries and coleslaw......we could easily have shared one coleslaw as they are quite large portions.

We like most couples, pick off each others plates and all the food was lovely, we did enjoy it.

i-sZnKQCv-X2.jpg

The food was lovely, but we found the atmosphere just lacking with hardly anyone in tonight. Our barman said when the Convention Centre had nothing on, they were exceptionally quiet but obviously Covid had affected business too.

Many folks asked us if we felt comfortable eating in restaurants and generally ok in the parks and around without wearing a mask, and the answer is yes. We felt fine not wearing masks and enjoyed it too. As for restaurants, yes, absolutely.......we were more than happy eating inside as we do want to get back to normal where possible. We were double vaxxed and now boosted too, so what more can we do.

We left and headed home and even I Drive didn`t seem as busy as we usually saw it......

Parked the car in our usual spot, and headed over to StrongWater for our usual nightly libations and chatter.......

Weird coincidence.......we had commented to our mate Samuel a few days ago there were no Christmas trees on the walkway between the two hotels.......and like magic, tonight they were all back......lovely to see them. Although we also noticed there was no tree in the Club lounge this year, there had been one previous years.

i-v6j9NtT-X2.jpg

We sat at the bar tonight again and spent several fun hours chatting to Lenny, Fernando and the newest member Anthony......he`ll do just fine in there.

We got a masterclass in Rum tastings and the history of some of the most common and some of the most expensive which was so interesting and the 3rd picture was the strangest ones as it had the aroma of olives. It was different for sure. But, we loved hearing about the different types and tasting a few we`d never have thought on trying.

The Selva Rey is owned by Bruno Mars and they use it in the Espresso Martini cocktail which was beautiful......

i-KN4GhMq-X2.jpg

i-3LvPX75-X2.jpg

i-Gv7mq4t-X2.jpg

i-bqJ8Qnq-X2.jpg

Fernando introduced us to Bree who is one of the managers down in Amatista, lovely young lady, and he wanted us to try a cocktail she had created to see what we thought of it........well, we`d be delighted to do that!!

It was a gingerbread based cocktail that had ice cream in it, so it was almost like a dessert and a cocktail........

i-vQJnXKM-X2.jpg

And it was delicious, she had really come up with a lovely drink for the season.

i-QPcvmrD-X2.jpg

We ordered a couple of old favourites too and they were as always lovely......you can really taste the alcohol in these!!!

The Rum Revival and the last typhoon......

i-v6gh4qK-X2.jpg

i-fK77V4k-X2.jpg

We fancied some dessert so both opted for the coconut flan each, this is a real treat of a dessert and one we didn`t want to share tonight, so one each it was.

i-ZTgwXzZ-X2.jpg

We`d had the best evening over here......we had laughed non stop and learned about rums.......we finally thought we should head back home for the night, but on the way out we saw further down the bar Neil and Luke the two guys from the other night........and we found out when we were in on Tuesday night sitting with Britney, they had been in too with their friend Mike Aiello who is Mr HHN himself.....we were gutted we had missed them and Mike A too. I was more wondering how we hadn`t seen them as the bar isn`t that big.....but we didn`t.

We chatted some more and knew we wouldn`t see them again this trip as they were going home next day.......but, we knew we`d see them in May as they were going to be here then too and in September also......so we made sure we swapped emails to be able to keep in touch. But, such lovely guys, we were glad to have met them.

It was around 11.30 at this point so we walked back and again, dropped into bed with barely saying goodnight to each other......we were incredibly tired tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter