Home for the Holidays-Wizards-Grinches and Sparkles. 14 nights @Royal Pacific Resort, Nov/Dec 2021

We popped back home and then sent Janet a txt to make sure we had the right address to pop into the GPS......we could get lost in the parking lot, so I wanted to be sure it was correct. It was.

It had been 13 years since we had been to anything Disney apart from a quick stop off to Disney Springs (Downtown Disney to me) a few years ago. If anytime we had discussed visiting Disney in any sense it was soon dismissed very, very quickly.....

i-xF9V7q4-S.gif

:duck:

Yes, we are not really big fans of Disney.

I always think it`s funny when folks start off a conversation with......we`re really Disney people" .......what the heck???

We set off, not on the road the GPS suggested but along Turkey Lake Road and Palm Parkway then straight through which seemed simpler than the convuluted way GPS wanted to take us which was predominantly the I-4 which we prefer to avoid if we can.

And it doesn`t take us long to get there........we had Janet`s name, room number and our driving licences to show at the security gate if needed. We ended up only needing our licences as ID and we were in. It was a little odd driving these Disney roads again, I think we passed the entrance to Epcot before hitting WL and we commented 2008 was a long time ago when we last visited it.

And how beautiful is Wilderness Lodge!!!

i-tXqW7ND-X2.jpg

We had never been before and to be honest couldn`t quite get our bearings as to where we were in comparison to the parks, but we`d work it out later when we saw how close we were to the Contemporary........

Being honest, WL blew us away as soon as we walked in. It was very reminiscent of Disney`s Sequoia Lodge in DLP but much nicer, and also a little touch of the hotel in The Shining......but it was stunning!

And the ground didn`t shake and rattle at us being back on Disney property as predicted by someone.......lol......

Janet and her mister were waiting for us in the lobby, in I have to say some rather comfy looking sofas.......and it was so good to see them! We had last met up in December 2019 and although we keep in touch all the time, there`s nothing quite like meeting in person.

Lots of hugs all round and before I knew it, Tom was off taking pictures, and my goodness there were plenty of things to take a picture of.

Utterly stunning were the first words to come into my brain when I looked around, and a completely impressive tree.

i-HtrFTHM-X2.jpg

i-tfvsQnQ-X2.jpg

i-z8bqq4k-X2.jpg

This was where we were eating dinner later tonight......I had heard quite a lot about this place, but I hadn`t realised it was set in such a beautiful resort.

i-J2D9xBL-X2.jpg

We sat for a while and had a good old catch up and then decided we needed some pictures before we set off for the tour of one of their home resorts......and we were so keen to see more of this beautiful place.

I loved Janet had worn tartan in a nod to our Scottishness...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Disney were still enforcing the masks, so we had to remember and bring one for today, but for the pictures we did take them off and we did see some CM glance over at us as we did so, but when they saw we put them straight back on they were ok about it. I think as long as you don`t take the mickey, they`ll be ok with you.

i-9kJn2dq-X2.jpg

i-G5Kwn86-X2.jpg

I have to thank Janet for sending me the picture of the four of us....I have no clue what happened to ours. We had asked a man if he would take our pictures with first our camera, and then using Janet`s phone....and he very kindly obliged, but when all of ours were uploaded, this one wasn`t there......one of life`s little mysteries I guess.......but it`s such a lovely picture, I was she could share it again with us.

i-bSS89xs-X2.jpg

We were delighted to be shown around this gorgeous place by folks who obviously love it and it shows.....we could see why as soon as we walked in the doors, but as we wandered further, we could really understand as it just got prettier every time we turned.

I was assured I had to rub this bear`s nose for luck??????

i-sxFPwMx-X2.jpg

Janet explained this beautiful chimney was supposed to represent the Grand Canyon and you can see why.......

All through the resort there are cute little areas with fireplaces and they are just the cosiest looking places to sit and pass some peaceful times enjoying a hot chocolate or something a little stronger in our case........::yes::

i-QxVFX8c-X2.jpg

i-RB7Z7TK-X2.jpg

i-996hqnn-X2.jpg

And so to outside........I had seen one picture of the exterior, but it is so much prettier in real life. And quite huge.......

i-sCnK8pC-X2.jpg

We sat at one of the outdoor tables and again, chatted each others ears off......we were already having so much fun and so glad we managed to arrange a meet that suited us both.

They had told us of Old Faithful........and we had to see it......and when it did go, yep, we had the camera ready to capture it. It is impressive.

i-phpdDgq-X2.jpg

We headed round and is quite normal for us, we found a little bar and decided to stop off for a drink and a very nice bar it was too. We had a couple of cocktails, a beer and a soft drink for Tom who was driving........and quite a cool soft drink too, the mickey head dissolved in the soda and he said it was nice.

i-N2kR7MD-X2.jpg

i-43Bw2sG-X2.jpg

i-7K4cSbF-X2.jpg

i-W5rxXjJ-X2.jpg

It is always amazing how time passes so fast when you`re with friends and suddenly it`s dark and you haven`t even noticed the time pass......and we still hadn`t seen some of the hotel........

i-x64QhbP-X2.jpg

Someone mention The Shining...........

i-dc82knG-S.gif

There is a definite feeling of being the Overlook when you`re here.......only at times and it is so quiet here!!!

i-cvDC65c-X2.jpg

This part of the hotel is also very beautiful, and if possible cosier than the main body we had started in.....it was just beautiful.

i-MGxV9Mp-X2.jpg

i-GZJ5d5b-X2.jpg

This was another little nook we could easily have sat and passed some time doing absolutely nothing except take in the environment.

i-5G8B5Mt-X2.jpg

i-m7kNJjJ-X2.jpg

We meandered back through the main lobby and just had to get pictures on the cutest little sweetheart bridge ever.......I could envision brides and grooms standing here after they had made their commitment to each other......it was simply precious.

i-nZB9Rdx-X2.jpg

i-9CKrgLK-X2.jpg

I`m not too good with heights, but this felt high to me......lol......Janet did ask did we want to go up higher, but she saw this was good enough for me......and I did glance over, albeit gripping on to the rail as I did so.

And it was worth looking over for.

i-QWr4xwW-X2.jpg

Yep, you can go further up.......:scared1:

i-HsHSFD5-X2.jpg

It had been so lovely to see around this gorgeous resort, and seeing it through the eyes of someone who obviously loves the resort was extra special too.

We were too early for our reservation, so we managed to pounce on a set of seats as they finally became available....this is a busy lobby. And again, we put the world to rights and chatted the time away till it was time for dinner, but we could honestly have sat their for the evening.

i-cvJzMnC-X2.jpg

It is a fun restaurant, there`s a nice atmosphere to it and we were looking forward to eating here.

We had looked at the menu beforehand and had more or less decided what we were having.......again, we had one of their special cocktails, a beer and Tom had sprite.......I would make sure he had a cocktail later to make up for it......but we did have a look at the menu and then we ordered.....and got the most lovely of cornbread to go along with it.....this was nice!!

i-KZLKFLJ-X2.jpg

Janet and Tom both went for the skillet, while mr keisha and I went for the steak which I have to say was cooked beautifully and we had quite the discussion as to whether the long orange veg was sweet potato or carrot.......I lost as it was in fact a very large carrot!!

The skillet included, chicken, ribs, pulled pork, pork belly, wings, sausages, mash, sweetcorn and the ultimate devils veg.....green beans!! It was quite a dish.

i-ngFxMXz-X2.jpg

i-5NWnqS8-X2.jpg

The meal was lovely, it was so nice and some lovely company too........and time had again passed so fast!!! The evening had truly disappeared and we were surprised at the time......it was time to go.

We ruefully said our goodbyes, although we do speak regularly so it`s not as if we wouldn`t be in touch, but we hoped we can meet up this year again if our dates align too. I`m sure they would.

We had enjoyed a lovely time with both of them and again, would look forward to seeing them next chance we had.

So, we set off and took one last picture of the Lodge before driving off.

i-WM7zgVR-X2.jpg

Driving home took longer as we took the longer way out so we went through Disney Springs and out onto Palm Parkway.

We got back home and went to Orchids for a quick drink, and chatted about the lovely day we`d had and especially at Wilderness Lodge. We were tired, so had one quick drink and headed upstairs to go over what had been another lovely day.

schumigirl said:
Pteranadon Flyers is a ride you can only go on if you have kids below a certain height, but to be honest it has never appealed much at all to us.....

I find this funny because that coaster looks about my speed lol. I always wanted to ride but never was there when my kids were small enough lol. I may have to borrow a child someday to go on.
lol....so funny! I hear so many folks say they want to borrow a kid to get on it......

:rotfl: My DS used to joke that he should stand by the line and charge to "chaperone" adults on it!

It was fun, if I remember correctly, but not something I worry about missing now that he's grown.

Your evening at WL sounds lovely! That resort has been on our short list a couple of times, but we've never ended up choosing it. Maybe someday...

You’ve done our home great justice:cloud9: it truly is an amazing property and hold a very special place in our 💕

dave teased me, saying I slipoed back into my realtor role when doing the tour:blush: hope I didn’t oversell it lol

You’ve surely done it justice here, glad to know you enjoyed exploring it. thank you for taking the time to make that road trip from U. Was such a fun evening. I nominate the moonshine drink at whispering canyon for an honorable mention

734BD247-758D-4545-A46C-1A4C3F19D203.jpeg
PS Humphrey says hello & ask if you’re still feeling lucky;)

And how beautiful is Wilderness Lodge!!!

Well....I'm a Disney person so ::))) lol I love this resort! But in all seriousness, it's one of my faves. It has so many nice areas to sit and relax and just a great atmosphere. Also, love it's location and how easy it is to get to the parks etc.

It was very reminiscent of Disney`s Sequoia Lodge in DLP but much nicer,

Oh sooo much nicer....the rooms are bigger at WL too lol

We stayed at WL over Christmas in 2019. I'm so glad we got that trip in before the pandemic because it was truly wonderful, back when there was free Magical Express, free magic bands, free FP+, and free dining! We tried all the restaurants and loved them, especially Storybook Dining. I don't think we'll be back anytime soon but it was perfect for the holidays.

:rotfl: My DS used to joke that he should stand by the line and charge to "chaperone" adults on it!

It was fun, if I remember correctly, but not something I worry about missing now that he's grown.

Your evening at WL sounds lovely! That resort has been on our short list a couple of times, but we've never ended up choosing it. Maybe someday...

lol....that`s a brilliant idea! Kid for rent......reasonable rates to get adult on ride.......

It really was. I had no idea just how gorgeous the resort was till we stepped into it. I think I can safely recommend it to anyone now we`ve seen it...... ::yes::

Caught myself sighing as I read that last update. I’ve never been to WL but it looks beautiful especially that tree! What a wonderful day you had! Good food and great company- perfect! :goodvibes

Aw, I`m glad you enjoyed reading........

Stunning resort, gorgeous tree and yes, excellent company.....can`t ask for more 😊

You’ve done our home great justice:cloud9: it truly is an amazing property and hold a very special place in our 💕

dave teased me, saying I slipoed back into my realtor role when doing the tour:blush: hope I didn’t oversell it lol

You’ve surely done it justice here, glad to know you enjoyed exploring it. thank you for taking the time to make that road trip from U. Was such a fun evening. I nominate the moonshine drink at whispering canyon for an honorable mention

View attachment 638534
PS Humphrey says hello & ask if you’re still feeling lucky;)

Humphrey!!!!! Could not for the life of me remember that name!!! Yep, still feeling that luck........:thumbsup2

Oh no, you didn`t oversell it at all.....they should hire you out to promote it!! You did a great job and if we ever did decided to stay at Disney.....(shock horror) it would be there.

And I`m glad I did it justice in the TR.......phew.......oh as soon as we walked in, genuinely, we could see why you both love it so much. Oh no, it was an absolute pleasure, we wouldn`t have missed it and yes it was a lovely time.....moonshine....that was the name, yes, it was lovely, I forgot to write it down.

Glad you liked the write up though......:wave2:

Well....I'm a Disney person so ::))) lol I love this resort! But in all seriousness, it's one of my faves. It has so many nice areas to sit and relax and just a great atmosphere. Also, love it's location and how easy it is to get to the parks etc.

Oh sooo much nicer....the rooms are bigger at WL too lol

lol.....I never know if I should just say I`m a Universal person.....but it doesn`t sound as clear as if you`re a Disney person........

Oh goodness yes, I didn`t realise how close it was, love that it has boats too. It was beautiful and yes, so many places to just chill out.

We`ve never stayed at Sequoia Lodge, always chose the Disneyland Hotel or Newport Bay, but we did used to go for dinner in Sequoia and we liked the feel of it, and yes, it felt very similar.

I remember when Sequoia Lodge was on fire many years ago.....quite a sight to see!! We were in Newport Bay that trip so right next to it.

We stayed at WL over Christmas in 2019. I'm so glad we got that trip in before the pandemic because it was truly wonderful, back when there was free Magical Express, free magic bands, free FP+, and free dining! We tried all the restaurants and loved them, especially Storybook Dining. I don't think we'll be back anytime soon but it was perfect for the holidays.

:welcome: along.......

I don`t know much about the changes at Disney in detail, just the basics, but such a shame to hear folks are not going due to all the changes......I can imagine what a lovely trip it would have been for you.

And yes, for the Holidays, it`s a perfect hotel.

Hope you enjoy reading along.......:wave2:

count me in with the ppl who want to know more about the strange lady lol

lol......yes, she was very, very odd.

And probably not as exciting a story repeated......one of those, you had to be there moments......lol.......

I’ve been looking forward to your WL visit! We stayed there once for Marathon Weekend and really enjoyed how peaceful it is. The lobby is gorgeous, and you had a fabulous tour. I love to see you meeting up with people, it showcases all the fun you are having. All four of you look completely delighted! I’m glad you rubbed Humphrey’s nose for good luck 🍀

Your dinner at WCC looks yummy. The all you can eat skillets are a sight to behold. I’m also glad to see you stepped on Disney property without triggering an apocalypse 🤣

All in all a wonderful visit 🥰

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter