Home for the Holidays-Wizards-Grinches and Sparkles. 14 nights @Royal Pacific Resort, Nov/Dec 2021

View attachment 640083:rotfl2:

Oh, she is such a nice person, met her ages ago at an informal meet. Was so shocked to hear my screenname called one night at HHN last year, turned & there she & the mr were. I swear she didn’t age a day

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Now that`s funny!!!

Yes, Melissa was lovely....and we wished we could have chatted longer, but you know what it`s like time wise as she was off to meet her husband. But, I agree......and it`s always nice to meet nice people!!

And yes, some folks don`t look any different over many years........ ::yes::

Gosh...I'm FINALLY caught up!!!!!!!!

Great trip report. You and Tom take beautiful clear pictures!

Can't wait to hear your final thoughts on the IO meet up. It's on e a bucket list for me. I think now that I'm dragging dh to Universal on our trip to Orlando...he would be game for it again - only with the boys and maybe dd in tow as well. There is a method to my madness :rolleyes1

So many rides I want to do and dh experience. We will see how many we can get on.

Can't wait to hear more!

Looks like you had a wonderful time at the OI event I bet you have the velocicoaster memorized after so many rides 🥰

I’m sorry the chicken was not as advertised. I would have also expected something different. I did wonder about the quality with all the free food…I’m sure they were focused on producing great quantities for hungry attendees and maybe didn’t marinate as appropriate.

I’m really glad to hear your report on the que. I was thinking about walking through just to see the animatronics, but no need now 😉

Well I finally caught up.
Glad you enjoyed the meetup. We had a blast when Danielle and I went a few years ago...the best part was trying every flavor of ice cream at Florean Fortescue's which was something we would never do if we had to pay.

I'm still in awe of you for riding the Velocicoaster so many times in one night. I'll need some liquid courage to get on it again.

Looking forward to your next adventure.

Oh no!

I`m so sorry you didn`t make that trip, and sorrier to hear you were feeling so bad. It would have been nice to have been finally able to say hello......

That is such a recent move back to PA........I hope you feel more settled there soon, must be quite different for you, even just the weather!

Yes, so crazy, I couldn't believe it when I saw that you guys were there and I should have been as well. It was a very difficult time, difficult decisions to be made, I was in a bad place. PA is home, I thought the move to FL would be good but it wasn't so back home, just wish I would have made that trip up for the meet up as I had the ticket bought and everything and it would have been nice to say hello, but maybe at some point we will have that chance.

On a lighter note, your pictures are wonderful as always!! Looks like you both were having a great time, that is so good, I was so happy to see that you guys were finally able to make it back!!! The no lines at the meet up looks wonderful and what great photo ops you had!!!

I love the title of your trip report as well, can't wait for the sparkle part!!! I love all things that sparkle and are glittery and bright!!!

Gosh...I'm FINALLY caught up!!!!!!!!

Great trip report. You and Tom take beautiful clear pictures!

Can't wait to hear your final thoughts on the IO meet up. It's on e a bucket list for me. I think now that I'm dragging dh to Universal on our trip to Orlando...he would be game for it again - only with the boys and maybe dd in tow as well. There is a method to my madness :rolleyes1

So many rides I want to do and dh experience. We will see how many we can get on.

Can't wait to hear more!

Glad you`re caught up pumpkin.......and thank you, I`m glad you`re enjoying it so far.....not much to go now.......

It`ll amaze you how many rides you can do, and are you planning on the Velocicoaster????

More coming up soon........:)

Looks like you had a wonderful time at the OI event I bet you have the velocicoaster memorized after so many rides 🥰

I’m sorry the chicken was not as advertised. I would have also expected something different. I did wonder about the quality with all the free food…I’m sure they were focused on producing great quantities for hungry attendees and maybe didn’t marinate as appropriate.

I’m really glad to hear your report on the que. I was thinking about walking through just to see the animatronics, but no need now 😉

lol....I think we know it well, but ask me where something is specifically......not a clue.......haha....

To be honest the food was exactly as it is during the day according to others, I think we were just unlucky with those, we did try some food later and it was lovely and talking to others we know that were there it was very good. That is the way they do the stingers now, apparently they stopped doing it the other way over 12 years ago.......and no one told me, I didn`t get that email.......:rotfl:

If it`s not busy I would walk through, but no, it`s not essential.....although who knows Maria......you might just decide to give it a go if you do......:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

I promise you`d love it........::yes::

Well I finally caught up.
Glad you enjoyed the meetup. We had a blast when Danielle and I went a few years ago...the best part was trying every flavor of ice cream at Florean Fortescue's which was something we would never do if we had to pay.

I'm still in awe of you for riding the Velocicoaster so many times in one night. I'll need some liquid courage to get on it again.

Looking forward to your next adventure.

Good to see you back on here Vicki and glad you`re all caught up!!

Yes, it was fun.......oh that`s a good idea with the ice cream!! There are some lovely flavours in there.

So you did the Velocicoaster????? I hope you loved it.....did the kids do it too? I have to admit it`s so smooth which is the only way I could do it so often.....couldn`t do that with the Hulk or RRR......

More coming up......... :wave2:

Yes, so crazy, I couldn't believe it when I saw that you guys were there and I should have been as well. It was a very difficult time, difficult decisions to be made, I was in a bad place. PA is home, I thought the move to FL would be good but it wasn't so back home, just wish I would have made that trip up for the meet up as I had the ticket bought and everything and it would have been nice to say hello, but maybe at some point we will have that chance.

On a lighter note, your pictures are wonderful as always!! Looks like you both were having a great time, that is so good, I was so happy to see that you guys were finally able to make it back!!! The no lines at the meet up looks wonderful and what great photo ops you had!!!

I love the title of your trip report as well, can't wait for the sparkle part!!! I love all things that sparkle and are glittery and bright!!!

I`m sorry to hear that.......and difficult decisions are never fun to make. Yes, hopefully we`ll get to say hello at some point.

Thank you we did have a wonderful time just being back......we could have just walked round the parks and not do anything and we`d be happy.......and yes, the no lines at the OI event were wonderful.

Oh I think you`re going to be disappointed in the sparkles.......nothing more than having sparkly every morning in the club lounge.......we enjoyed that!!!

Real sparkles won`t appear till September when it`s our 30th anniversary ::yes::

I do have a picture coming up though of me sipping some lol.......🥂

All caught up again and wow that OI event sounds amazing! Well minus the not-so-spicy chicken tenders :rotfl2:
Love your photos as always, glad you met someone lovely from the Dis and the lack of queues definitely make it an event worth going to. Just how expensive are the tickets? Sounds like so much fun!

All caught up again and wow that OI event sounds amazing! Well minus the not-so-spicy chicken tenders :rotfl2:
Love your photos as always, glad you met someone lovely from the Dis and the lack of queues definitely make it an event worth going to. Just how expensive are the tickets? Sounds like so much fun!

I couldn`t quite remember what they cost, so looking at June this year it`s $219 for one night or $327 for both plus processing and tax, well worth it. I think they were around the same price or therabouts.

It is an excellent event for sure. Glad you like the pictures and yes, it`s always nice to meet nice folks from the Dis..... ::yes::

We decided to watch the Castle light show before heading back to the Velocicoaster and it is always a charming show to watch. We do prefer the Christmas show over the regular one they show, it`s just a little more special and magical somehow.

Tom takes his usual pictures as I stand and watch. It doesn`t take away from enjoying the show by taking pictures as was alluded to by a woman standing close by us.........It never ceases to amaze me how other folks can be so concerned by what everyone else does.......I think she was referring to a man who had a professional camera set up and was imaging everything, to be honest I`d have loved to have seen his finished product as his camera was amazing. But, you can still enjoy the show while taking pictures......

The show is cute.......and very atmospheric, although we have seen it several times it`s still special and gives you goosebumps now and again with the music and lighting effects, they have done the show proud.

i-QqpFrJ2-X2.jpg

i-33Z4H5z-X2.jpg

i-v2bKhLx-X2.jpg

i-tVjkvjm-X2.jpg

i-kRRTMjX-X2.jpg

i-fN8QqR4-X2.jpg

And one of my favourites below........

i-tchv4bk-X2.jpg

i-PrWQxZ7-X2.jpg

Because it was so late and it was a private event, there weren`t many folks leaving once it finished. Usually the crowds can be quite overwhelming and you can easily be swept along with the throngs of folks heading in one direction, so this was nice for a change.

We did want something to eat now, but first we headed back to the Velocicoaster for a few rides before food which we thought was a good idea.

To be honest we beetled it back to the ride and it was completely deserted.....as in completely deserted.......we got a cheer from the TM as we approached so I`m guessing he was just pleased to see anyone at this point.......

i-Fpw6s9C-X2.jpg

This was a complete walk on and we did it 4 times, the only slight stall in our walk was to stop at the lockers which is easier with no one around clogging up the space around them.

It was fun and we were on the 2nd row twice and back row twice which is phenomenal.......

By now we were both starving........so we again, at speed walked back to Thunder Falls Terrace before they closed as someone had said food stopped earlier, but we made it just fine, only stopping on the way to buy two of their special cocktails that were on sale with some wines and I think beers......

The chicken and ribs platter was being made up so we got a very fresh one each that was still hot. My one complaint during the day with this place is you can be delayed after getting your food if someone decides at the cash register to get the meal deal, it does take some time and food can be cold. If that happens we just take it back and ask for fresh as we hate hot food not being hot. It`s never been a problem and they have changed the plates.

But, tonight was just a walk through and we picked up the cheesecake and a fanta between both us as the drinks are huge in here.

Food was lovely.....it had been a while since we had eaten here but it was as we remembered it.....chicken is tender and tasty and very juicy, ribs were tasty and did fall off the bone and then the potatoes were tasty too. We don`t eat the corn on the cobs. One who has crowns simply does not eat that type of food :sad2:

i-7bg5hvn-X2.jpg

i-RqpQLWd-X2.jpg

The cocktail however, was not as good. It wasn`t expensive at I think $12, but it`s not as tasty as it sounds......we recreated it at home and ours was much better!!!

It was ok though........

i-pLMXKPF-X2.jpg

i-vmwPF2R-X2.jpg

Kong was not a ride we wanted to do tonight, but it did look pretty all lit up at night. It`s not a ride we have to go on every visit, it`s not a favourite, but it`s fun and worth a ride if you`re passing.

i-PGT7d6X-X2.jpg

We got an ice cream each from the place on the left, I forget what we had, I think it was just vanilla but we got it in a cup and not the wafer thing as we don`t really like them. The ice cream was nice and certainly stopped the tummy grumbling for the night.

i-VkX3xSb-X2.jpg

This was the quickest we had walked on Spiderman since the quiet Septembers of 07/08!!

And for the first time in a while we got a vehicle to ourself.....this used to happen regularly several years back, but last few years it hadn`t happened very often, so this was nice. We did this twice and then decided it was almost time for bed for this pair who are usually tucked up in bed by now.......

i-9NspDgv-X2.jpg

i-vLxbjmP-X2.jpg

Dr Doom was our final ride of the night, so we made sure we did it a few times. And we always enjoy this ride at night......Orlando isn`t exactly New York for views up high, but seeing lights around is nice, albeit a very quick shot as you`re not up in the air long......but, short and sweet.

i-tp7Lwvq-X2.jpg

And it was also completely deserted like so many other areas tonight, and good to see it for a change.

i-P7XpvDK-X2.jpg

i-rjPrNBW-X2.jpg

We just wanted to catch a few spots as they were completely deserted rather unusually, so we took a chance while we could.

i-XtFwdbq-X2.jpg

POE is one of our favourite places and looked so pretty tonight being so quiet, not deserted as there were several folks in the shops that remain open.

I think that was one thing that we didn`t do tonight.......no interest in shopping, it was all about the Velocicoaster and some other rides!!

i-xzNxNSC-X2.jpg

i-Rjx8Gqc-X2.jpg

i-gcnVqG8-X2.jpg

It was late by now, but they were still manning the gates so I guess they would still admit folks weirdly........but we had to exit the usual way to the far right and now I was yawning my head off.

i-JKTzBj6-X2.jpg

i-ZfLtSGx-X2.jpg

And one last OI sign lit up........

i-wgtm4V5-X2.jpg

i-RPWZDPS-X2.jpg

It doesn`t take long to get home thankfully, and I always admire this walkway into our favourite hotel......it is beautiful and very rarely empty.......

i-sMCmDxz-X2.jpg

Although I was tired, we wanted to pop by the front desk and see a young lady who used to be in the Club Lounge and is now one of the front desk managers, she is a lovely young lady who reminds me of my favourite niece in many ways.

We knew from Samuel who also does the same job that she was working nights tonight, so we took a chance and stop by to see if she had 5 minutes to chat and she did.......she looks amazing too, very lovely young lady and we managed a catch up and said we hoped we`d see her next time.

The lobby looks quite different when it`s quiet.

i-KwPZCc3-X2.jpg

Now we were shattered. I think it was around 12.30am, but we`d had the most amazing evening.

The OI event is one we do hope to do again if dates align for us.

The non existent lines were worth the most to us and a much quieter park made th cost of the ticket extremely valuable....and I did forget how much it cost whenever anyone asks as it was almost 2 years ago since we bought them originally.

It`s a well organised event that happens several times a year and I`d say, if you can get to go to one, do it.

Food and non alcoholic beverages are all included in the cost of the ticket......as much as you like which is a good deal. The lines early on for food were quite long I have to say, but we weren`t there for the food although it is nice not paying directly for a change.

We only did the one night and couldn`t cover one park completely......however we could have done it easily had we not ridden the VC 3 million times......

But, we wouldn`t have been able to do the rides in both parks in one night.....maybe some can, but we don`t want to be that type of person who is constantly rushing from one ride to another.

Two nights would be ideal for sure, you could cover a lot of both parks in that time frame.

It was also lovely meeting Melissa and her son, a Dis lady I had "spoken" to a few times online, and very nice to meet her in person.

And I have to say the team at the OI are magnificent. And what Taylor and his team have created is something rather special.

So, with another full and busy but fabulous day behind us, we slipped off to sleep again, barely mumbling goodnight to each other....that`s when we know we`re tired!!!!

Because it was so late and it was a private event, there weren`t many folks leaving once it finished. Usually the crowds can be quite overwhelming and you can easily be swept along with the throngs of folks heading in one direction, so this was nice for a change.

This is the reason that I so rarely stay for the night time events at theme parks of any kind!! This seems like a really great way to see everything at night without the crowds.

Love all your "empty" park pics and the castle ones are fantastic.

This is the reason that I so rarely stay for the night time events at theme parks of any kind!! This seems like a really great way to see everything at night without the crowds.

Love all your "empty" park pics and the castle ones are fantastic.

I can`t say I blame you......the first time we did the Castle show, you had to exit one way even though we wanted to go back the way we had come in, but with this it was so much better.

Thank you, I do love seeing the parks almost empty....and the Castle show is worth seeing, it looks amazing.

What a fun event the OI Meet must be! I can't get over how deserted it seemed to be! I bet it was kind of creepy at times with no one around.
I absolutely loved your photos of the light show in IOA. They are beautiful!
Every picture makes me want to go back to Universal as fast as I can,, LOL.
Right now it is -8 degrees with wind chill in the -20's. Brrrr.

What a fabulous end to your evening! I love how empty the Park was, this does seem like a great value and a wonderful opportunity. And I love seeing the empty lobby, that's a rare shot!

I am curious, was this mostly an adult even or did you see many children?

What a fun event the OI Meet must be! I can't get over how deserted it seemed to be! I bet it was kind of creepy at times with no one around.
I absolutely loved your photos of the light show in IOA. They are beautiful!
Every picture makes me want to go back to Universal as fast as I can,, LOL.
Right now it is -8 degrees with wind chill in the -20's. Brrrr.

It really was a fun event.

And yes, there were parts that were quite creepy with no-one else around, but we kinda liked that......we like spooky a lot!

Thank you, he did capture them well, well the camera did the work!

I hope you get back soon, that is so cold where you are, I can imagine you dreaming of some very warm sunshine and park time. I know our pictures help us get through some long winter nights in the UK, and we get nowhere near as cold as you!

What a fabulous end to your evening! I love how empty the Park was, this does seem like a great value and a wonderful opportunity. And I love seeing the empty lobby, that's a rare shot!

I am curious, was this mostly an adult even or did you see many children?

Yes, I think we have a few empty lobby shots from many years ago......after that there`s usually folks around.

It did feel at times we had the place almost to ourselves, so yes, we did find it worth it.

There were many kids there, but it wasn`t overflowing with them. Lots of teens though, but it was a nice mixed age group in general.

SATURDAY DECEMBER 4TH

We maybe slept about 10 minutes longer than we usually do........I honestly think we are the couple who do need a vacation from their vacation.........and we wouldn`t change a thing!! My nightmare would be a husband or son who slept the day away instead of getting up and out as I like to do, thank goodness we`re identical in our thinking.

This morning we planned to have a leisurely breakfast and then head to New Smyrna Beach.

In case anyone doesn`t know......we love the beach......but we aren`t really beach people as in would want to spend a whole day there......we would be bored rigid, and with our pasty white West of Scotland skin, even in winter it wouldn`t be the best idea. I can get sunburn sitting too close to a table lamp!!! But, we do love the water and walking on the beach for a couple of hours, that we enjoy a lot when we are in Florida, and something we do a lot at home too as we do live next to the shore, well within a 10 minute walk or a few minutes in the car, albeit it`s nowhere near as warm.....ever!!

We really were taking our time this morning and something new they had introduced since our last stay were morning mimosas......something that had been missing from our Club Lounge for a long time.......

Although my mimosas are orange juice free as I don`t really like OJ unless it`s in sangria.......yep, so it was just a glass or 3 of sparkly.......hence the sparkly in the title......nothing as exciting as diamonds on this trip!!!

But, it was very nice, and as Tom was driving this morning, he stuck to coffee.

i-XdRDzt7-X2.jpg

We spent a lot of time chatting to our friend downstairs this morning, which we loved, and then set off on the drive that really doesn`t take very long at all, maybe an hour or so depending on traffic, and it is quite a nice if not a little dull a drive to get there. But, we do enjoy driving in Florida.......both of us, although as I was slightly pickled (not really) some mornings, I was happy to be the passenger. I really didn`t drive as much as I usually do this trip, but we didn`t drive around as often as normal as it was a shorter trip than usual.

We arrived in time for lunch, and there was only one place we wanted to eat this trip and that was JB`s Fish Camp right on the boardwalk of NSB.

On a past visit someone had recommended we eat here and we were glad we had listened.....this place is amazing and the food is out of this world!! Yes, we loved it and I had always remembered their hush puppies........

It is a very casual place and exactly the type of place we love.....

Anywhere that serves seafood as good as this place deserves more than one visit......and we wished we had more days as we would have come back if we did.

i-LWC5MLk-X2.jpg

They welcome you like they only saw you yesterday even if they don`t know you from Adam which they didn`t with us, it had been 2 years and the staff looked completely different apart from the owner/manager who we remembered, but as expected it`s a very friendly place.

We were through in a different area from last time and it was nice and quiet with not too many folks around us at that point, but it soon filled up. This place gets busy.

i-3TSpjbG-X2.jpg

Our waiter was called Nic and your typical surfer dude who was cooler than anyone who had ever been our waiter.......he just had that casual but oh so polite and well mannered nature while calling my husband dude which tickled me no end for some reason........lol.......

Tom ordered a lemonade being the designated driver of course, and I had a white wine and laughed when he said I`m gonna guess a large glass........lol.....had he met me before.........but I laughed even more when I saw what they passed as large!!!

We knew the menu well, and he also listed some alternatives which sounded soooooooooooo good........😍

i-ZBFPj99-Th.gif

Now we were torn.......but we stuck to what we originally thought we`d have. I was so tempted as they had raw oysters as an option, but although I love them......we were an hour away from home and all it takes is one dodgy one.......although I didn`t doubt they`d be fresh as they possibly could be, I didn`t want to take the chance with an hours car drive to get home!!

i-HZTp4Dc-X2.jpg

Nic did have the grace to explain when he saw my face as he brought me my "large" chardonnay, that he didn`t class that as large either........this man understood.

Our wine glasses are like aquariums on stems!!! We just don`t have any small wine glasses for white or red.......but this would be just fine......I would definitely have two of these.........and Tom agreed!!

i-4VjrbrD-X2.jpg

Everything is so fresh here, so there was a little wait for lunch, but we never mind that, we enjoy just sitting and chatting our time away and we knew it would be worth the wait.

I had ordered the crab stuffed flounder and it comes with the best fries ever......yes, I`ve said that before.......but, these really were the best we`d had this trip........coleslaw was lovely too. And there was a very healthy amount of crab stuffing in this dish.

i-FgBMJB8-X2.jpg

i-4CxvShd-X2.jpg

Tom chose to have the seafood scampi which came with a regular fish or you could upgrade to Grouper or Mahi.....Tom chose the Grouper, and it also came with shrimps and scallops in a garlic butter sauce and again came with fries and coleslaw......

i-MLbGP55-X2.jpg

i-fhmsps7-X2.jpg

And the world famous (ok my words not theirs 😉 ) Hush Puppies......how did I go so long visiting Florida and not knowing what these little globes of delight were.....we had been visiting for years before we tried them!

We were good and only ordered one portion and not two as they are very dense, tasty and delightful yes, but less is more.

i-2FRPrMr-X2.jpg

Nic was excellent at anticipating when I was ready for another "large" wine......I didn`t mind the plastic cup which was ironic as they served those horrific paper straws......but no way on earth would that ever be classed as large!! It was ok wine too, drinkable.

Our food was gorgeous and we both agreed it was up there as one of best meals this trip........fish was perfectly cooked and so tasty, and the crab stuffing, shrimps and scallops were sublime. And we never left a single french fry on the plate!

Usually, especially at lunch we never eat dessert, but again, we had been told their Key Lime pie was out of this world..........

We decided to share one........I`m not too good with too sweet an item, so this would be ideal for us today.

i-DzdRMm7-X2.jpg

He was right.

It was quite honestly, exceptional. And immediately elevated to being the nicest Key Lime pie we had ever eaten. I wished we had one each.......but my tummy would be grateful I hadn`t eaten a full one.

We paid and headed out to the now boiling hot day out there......my goodness we kept having to remind ourselves this was December!!! Holy cow.......outside temp there was showing as 91F.

The board walk it sits on is beautiful......and so peaceful. I very rarely envy anyone anything, but seeing folks pull up on their little boats just to stop for lunch and then head off down the water was enticing. Although being honest, I knew there were alligators in that water and those little boats didn`t look too robust if one decided to bump it over........yes, I do at times look for the negative!

And everyone chats to you which is lovely.......and usually hearing the Scottish accent sets off a conversation or two wherever we go.

i-LbQLhMk-X2.jpg

i-JcdLqqb-X2.jpg

We loved the no smoking signs everywhere as that can make your stroll quite unpleasant as you wandered along, and no one did which was nice.

i-RNp83Kc-X2.jpg

I could have wandered along their all day just taking in the scenery and that warm sunshine was blisteringly hot now and I didn`t care.....I had sunscreen on and I was making the most of it.......

I couldn`t resist and that night we uploaded the picture below and sent it to numerous friends with the tagline.... 91F = 32C

We got cursed for that one.........:rotfl:

i-9NWZG3d-X2.jpg

i-8MqFJKs-X2.jpg

Now that fisherman`s tiny little canoe thingy below is NOT something I`d ever go out in, well it would be a tight fit I`d imagine.....but again, I`d worry I`d accidentally bump into some alligator and he would be pissed.....you wouldn`t stand a chance!!

No, I`ll stay out of their environment thank you very much.

Although these images scare the bejeesus out of me.......:scared1:

cv78-S.png

I have a very healthy fear of these creatures.

i-gV6SkZX-X2.jpg

Boardwalk and beach coming up.........

SATURDAY DECEMBER 4TH

We maybe slept about 10 minutes longer than we usually do........I honestly think we are the couple who do need a vacation from their vacation.........and we wouldn`t change a thing!! My nightmare would be a husband or son who slept the day away instead of getting up and out as I like to do, thank goodness we`re identical in our thinking.

This morning we planned to have a leisurely breakfast and then head to New Smyrna Beach.

In case anyone doesn`t know......we love the beach......but we aren`t really beach people as in would want to spend a whole day there......we would be bored rigid, and with our pasty white West of Scotland skin, even in winter it wouldn`t be the best idea. I can get sunburn sitting too close to a table lamp!!! But, we do love the water and walking on the beach for a couple of hours, that we enjoy a lot when we are in Florida, and something we do a lot at home too as we do live next to the shore, well within a 10 minute walk or a few minutes in the car, albeit it`s nowhere near as warm.....ever!!

We really were taking our time this morning and something new they had introduced since our last stay were morning mimosas......something that had been missing from our Club Lounge for a long time.......

Although my mimosas are orange juice free as I don`t really like OJ unless it`s in sangria.......yep, so it was just a glass or 3 of sparkly.......hence the sparkly in the title......nothing as exciting as diamonds on this trip!!!

But, it was very nice, and as Tom was driving this morning, he stuck to coffee.

i-XdRDzt7-X2.jpg

We spent a lot of time chatting to our friend downstairs this morning, which we loved, and then set off on the drive that really doesn`t take very long at all, maybe an hour or so depending on traffic, and it is quite a nice if not a little dull a drive to get there. But, we do enjoy driving in Florida.......both of us, although as I was slightly pickled (not really) some mornings, I was happy to be the passenger. I really didn`t drive as much as I usually do this trip, but we didn`t drive around as often as normal as it was a shorter trip than usual.

We arrived in time for lunch, and there was only one place we wanted to eat this trip and that was JB`s Fish Camp right on the boardwalk of NSB.

On a past visit someone had recommended we eat here and we were glad we had listened.....this place is amazing and the food is out of this world!! Yes, we loved it and I had always remembered their hush puppies........

It is a very casual place and exactly the type of place we love.....

Anywhere that serves seafood as good as this place deserves more than one visit......and we wished we had more days as we would have come back if we did.

i-LWC5MLk-X2.jpg

They welcome you like they only saw you yesterday even if they don`t know you from Adam which they didn`t with us, it had been 2 years and the staff looked completely different apart from the owner/manager who we remembered, but as expected it`s a very friendly place.

We were through in a different area from last time and it was nice and quiet with not too many folks around us at that point, but it soon filled up. This place gets busy.

i-3TSpjbG-X2.jpg

Our waiter was called Nic and your typical surfer dude who was cooler than anyone who had ever been our waiter.......he just had that casual but oh so polite and well mannered nature while calling my husband dude which tickled me no end for some reason........lol.......

Tom ordered a lemonade being the designated driver of course, and I had a white wine and laughed when he said I`m gonna guess a large glass........lol.....had he met me before.........but I laughed even more when I saw what they passed as large!!!

We knew the menu well, and he also listed some alternatives which sounded soooooooooooo good........😍

i-ZBFPj99-Th.gif

Now we were torn.......but we stuck to what we originally thought we`d have. I was so tempted as they had raw oysters as an option, but although I love them......we were an hour away from home and all it takes is one dodgy one.......although I didn`t doubt they`d be fresh as they possibly could be, I didn`t want to take the chance with an hours car drive to get home!!

i-HZTp4Dc-X2.jpg

Nic did have the grace to explain when he saw my face as he brought me my "large" chardonnay, that he didn`t class that as large either........this man understood.

Our wine glasses are like aquariums on stems!!! We just don`t have any small wine glasses for white or red.......but this would be just fine......I would definitely have two of these.........and Tom agreed!!

i-4VjrbrD-X2.jpg

Everything is so fresh here, so there was a little wait for lunch, but we never mind that, we enjoy just sitting and chatting our time away and we knew it would be worth the wait.

I had ordered the crab stuffed flounder and it comes with the best fries ever......yes, I`ve said that before.......but, these really were the best we`d had this trip........coleslaw was lovely too. And there was a very healthy amount of crab stuffing in this dish.

i-FgBMJB8-X2.jpg

i-4CxvShd-X2.jpg

Tom chose to have the seafood scampi which came with a regular fish or you could upgrade to Grouper or Mahi.....Tom chose the Grouper, and it also came with shrimps and scallops in a garlic butter sauce and again came with fries and coleslaw......

i-MLbGP55-X2.jpg

i-fhmsps7-X2.jpg

And the world famous (ok my words not theirs 😉 ) Hush Puppies......how did I go so long visiting Florida and not knowing what these little globes of delight were.....we had been visiting for years before we tried them!

We were good and only ordered one portion and not two as they are very dense, tasty and delightful yes, but less is more.

i-2FRPrMr-X2.jpg

Nic was excellent at anticipating when I was ready for another "large" wine......I didn`t mind the plastic cup which was ironic as they served those horrific paper straws......but no way on earth would that ever be classed as large!! It was ok wine too, drinkable.

Our food was gorgeous and we both agreed it was up there as one of best meals this trip........fish was perfectly cooked and so tasty, and the crab stuffing, shrimps and scallops were sublime. And we never left a single french fry on the plate!

Usually, especially at lunch we never eat dessert, but again, we had been told their Key Lime pie was out of this world..........

We decided to share one........I`m not too good with too sweet an item, so this would be ideal for us today.

i-DzdRMm7-X2.jpg

He was right.

It was quite honestly, exceptional. And immediately elevated to being the nicest Key Lime pie we had ever eaten. I wished we had one each.......but my tummy would be grateful I hadn`t eaten a full one.

We paid and headed out to the now boiling hot day out there......my goodness we kept having to remind ourselves this was December!!! Holy cow.......outside temp there was showing as 91F.

The board walk it sits on is beautiful......and so peaceful. I very rarely envy anyone anything, but seeing folks pull up on their little boats just to stop for lunch and then head off down the water was enticing. Although being honest, I knew there were alligators in that water and those little boats didn`t look too robust if one decided to bump it over........yes, I do at times look for the negative!

And everyone chats to you which is lovely.......and usually hearing the Scottish accent sets off a conversation or two wherever we go.

i-LbQLhMk-X2.jpg

i-JcdLqqb-X2.jpg

We loved the no smoking signs everywhere as that can make your stroll quite unpleasant as you wandered along, and no one did which was nice.

i-RNp83Kc-X2.jpg

I could have wandered along their all day just taking in the scenery and that warm sunshine was blisteringly hot now and I didn`t care.....I had sunscreen on and I was making the most of it.......

I couldn`t resist and that night we uploaded the picture below and sent it to numerous friends with the tagline.... 91F = 32C

We got cursed for that one.........:rotfl:

i-9NWZG3d-X2.jpg

i-8MqFJKs-X2.jpg

Now that fisherman`s tiny little canoe thingy below is NOT something I`d ever go out in, well it would be a tight fit I`d imagine.....but again, I`d worry I`d accidentally bump into some alligator and he would be pissed.....you wouldn`t stand a chance!!

No, I`ll stay out of their environment thank you very much.

Although these images scare the bejeesus out of me.......:scared1:

cv78-S.png

I have a very healthy fear of these creatures.

i-gV6SkZX-X2.jpg

Boardwalk and beach coming up.........
That lunch looked absolutely delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter