Hollywood & Vine

It is a dinner package that includes your meal at one of three restaurants (H & V, Mama Melrose or Brown Derby) at a set price and a ticket for reserved seating at the Fantasmic Dinner show. The reserved section isn't central, it is over to the right and is roped off until a short while before the show. Instead of waiting for 1 hr plus on line, you just go through a back entrance to the seating area. You have to hold the package with a credit card. The price at H&V is the same as the regular price for dinner. It is more of a commitment, though, since if you don't show you get charged a cancellation fee. Also, if Fantasmic is cancelled, you don't get any vouchers to come to another show. I have done it twice and it worked out very well for us. See allears for more details. :)

JAM'S MOM said:
we were there last week and found the food to be just not exciting. it wasn't bad; it was adequate. the desserts were nice to view. it just didn't compare to the nice surprises found at other disney restaurants. the salad bar was nice and they creamed corned bread was excellent. the flank steak was not that good but my husband enjoyed the chicken. if you have children, they will find plenty to eat that is typical kids fare. the service was okay but the job environment doesn't lend itself to anything more than a plate remover and drink filler. all in all, if you have to eat, this is not a bad place to go and the bonus of getting special seating for fantasmic seemed to make it worthwhile.

in the past when we've gone to fantasmic, our family has had to split up to find seats and for some of us to go on one more ride. with the fantasmic package providing special seating, it was the best reward after a long day.
can you tell me what they had for the kid's buffet? Thanks

Sorry, I don't recall the specific items. You can check allears for the menu. There was definitely softserve for dessert, which my kids liked. :)

H&V falls into that category of a "decent Disney meal" - in other words, more than adequate but not life-changing.

If you're sympathetic to buffets in general, I think you'll do just fine. Anytime we see Fantasmic, we're gonna do a package somewhere to avoid the wait!

essmom said:
can you tell me what they had for the kid's buffet? Thanks

I remember BBQ meatballs & Mac & Cheese....Once there were Chicken Nuggets. The meatballs were pretty good. I do miss their garlic bread though.

checkwriter said:
We enjoyed the food -- it's good, but don't expect great. It's diner-type food, a buffet but not steam-table. The service was attentive and great. And we appreciated the Fantasmic package. Just don't buy in to "you have to be there at the earliest moment" argument. There are lots of good seats for Fantasmic, but there are more for Fantasmic dinner package holders, and hey, you gotta eat!

I agree. The food is good, not great. Our service was wonderful. We had one person in our group with a severe food allergy (peanuts) and the chef came out (at all restaurants, in fact) and went over each and every dish on the buffet and told her which to eat and which to avoid.

tgiving cruisers said:
We are going to disney at the end of June. We wanted to do a Fantasmic dinner package. We are staying with the dining plan. The only place we could get reservations was H & V. I have read horrible reviews on this board about H & V.

Is it worth keeeping these reservations in order to do the preferred seating for Fantasmic?
You might want to check on the availability of the Fantasmic dinner package while using the dining plan. Last year we were told that we could not get the Fantasmic dinner package using the dining plan. Our options were to pay 22.95 per person using our credit card at the time of booking to get the Fantasmic dinner package or use the dining plan, but we could not use the dining plan and receive the Fantasmic dinner package. Now mind you we had the free dining plan that was offered last year. That may have been the difference. It is still something to check into for peace of mind.

We used our dining plan and decided not to pay the 22.95 and really enjoyed our meal at H&V We have eaten there twice and loved it both times.

We want to do the JO JO character meal at H& v and that is Breakfast and lunch I believe. Thanks for answering my question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter