Hollywood & Vine Halloween characters

Hezzy04

DIS Veteran
I know typically at some point the dining at Hollywood and Vine switches to characters in Halloween costumes. Does anyone know when this might happen? I will be there end of August and debating if I want to make a reservation for just in case…

I have no experience either way but I would not anticipate any characters other than those actually meeting during MNSSHP hours to be dressed in Halloween costumes in August. Even those characters who wear costumes at the party are meeting in their regular outfits during the day.

I know typically at some point the dining at Hollywood and Vine switches to characters in Halloween costumes. Does anyone know when this might happen? I will be there end of August and debating if I want to make a reservation for just in case…
Last year they switched to their Halloween costumes on August 11th and I believe they made that announcement at the end of May. I haven’t seen any dates announced for it yet this year. But I would assume they’d be wearing their Halloween costumes by the end of August, so I’d definitely make that reservation.

I have no experience either way but I would not anticipate any characters other than those actually meeting during MNSSHP hours to be dressed in Halloween costumes in August. Even those characters who wear costumes at the party are meeting in their regular outfits during the day.
Hollywood & Vine has been doing their seasonal dine with characters in Halloween costumes in August for several years.

Completely worth it and totally fun! Great character interactions!!!

Attachments

• 1fuT5ZqdSVaCwDioGXYHVg.jpg
    1fuT5ZqdSVaCwDioGXYHVg.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 5
  • grByn6ZBSbSc2oU14VU0zA.jpg
    grByn6ZBSbSc2oU14VU0zA.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 5
  • izIljK82QduPr7fGiMVczg.jpg
    izIljK82QduPr7fGiMVczg.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 5
  • r0+sqChVSm2fMeq7jhJO%Q.jpg
    r0+sqChVSm2fMeq7jhJO%Q.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 5
Last last 2 weeks of August was when they started, we were there for dinner 1st week of September love that place

I have photos from Aug 12th last year. We booked the meal day of, about 1/2 hour before we wanted to eat. My Goofy photo has a time of 5:22; I'm guessing I booked the meal for 5pm. The restaurant was mostly empty.

I think they are in costume the day of the first Halloween party, but I'm not certain. I feel really confident that they will be in Halloween costumes by the end of the month. If it is important to you, I suggest booking the meal. You can cancel it if they aren't in costume. There should be feedback before the end of August.

Heads up -- if you have an allergy person in your party -- they flat out refused to accommodate us last year (gluten - celiac disease). Honestly, I'm still irritated about it.

Has anyone been for lunch or dinner since the Halloween transition on 8/9? I'm trying to find out if Donald is back...

We went last week and it was Minnie and Mickey, as well as goofy and pluto. No Donald unfortunately…

We had a great time, characters came back to the table multiple times, great interactions and cute costumes, and the food was actually pretty good!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest