Hollywood studios rumor i just saw

I go to Hollywood studios maybe once every five years because it has so little to offer, Each time I go I leave disappointed, however I go to the other 3 parks in Florida and the 2 parks in Tokyo every year

Until HS adds something BIG and not something like the new pirates of the Caribbean thing ( something like cars land or star wars Land ) I wont go again. Just not enough there for me to want to spend the money for a family of four to go

just my 2 cents

I think it is safe to say we all jump on rumors about DHS because the park needs some help. We have heard the rumors about new "worlds" being created to more match Universal. There has also been the rumors/news of seeing Imagineers walking around the parks as well as stories of executives in the park. And then of course Disney went and bought out Lucas and now have free reign with his creations.

So i think it is safe to say things will change at DHS whenever either the right plan or fiances are in place. They are not going to dump money into the park unless they know they will make money off it. Contrary to what we like to think Disney is trying to make money, not make dreams come true.

So what will happen? Who knows.

Is there land available? Yep, lots of it. Take a look at Google maps at the area. There is several areas for either expansion or options for remodeling/demolition. You have parking lots and woods to the east, southeast, and south of the park able to be used. To the west and north you are blocked by roads, but reworking of the park for flow could be done and tweaked by what you do with the Backlot and LMA.

So here is what I would do...because no one asked.

Echo lake and surrounding restaurants, leave them. They work with the "hub" being part of Hollywood's Golden age. Improve on this. Mainstreet has not a single ride at MK, but is a blast and filled with eye candy.

Develop more Star Wars now that they own it and do not have to deal with George. Turn the Back Lost Express by ST into the Cantina, complete with repetitive music from movie. Remove Jedi Training and create a new road with a new Theater area for Jedi, a new kids friendly ride (perhaps a SW version the Astro Orbiter) and build half of the Deathstar with a coast inside to be the center point of this land ala Space Mountain. Inside you will find a dueling Lightsaber Coaster (see idea for the dueling dragons coaster was proposed at AK). Imagine two coasters in pitch black, one red and one blue/green that go at the same time and intertwine and near miss each other while epic saber fight music and sounds occur. Heck have two separate lines (Sith and Jedi) with separate FP that allows guests to choose their own path complete with a different interactive line. Also, since this is a Studio themed park, add all sorts of props and such to the area. Bring up the snowspeeder from the Backlot tour, and other SW stuff to display. Add a Hoth icey playground where one can cool down in the summers.

Expand Pixar Place, and say no to Carsland. Pixar, Disney Animation, Hollywood Golden Age and SW should be the center pieces to this park, but again keep it feeling like a studio. So have the Streets of America merge into the Streets of Monstropolis, which at the end of the block could have either Monster U or Monsters Inc. with a ride. Which would go north on the back edge of the park by LMA and Catastrophe Canyon. Again make it like a movie set just one based in the monster world. They could even create artifacts from famous monster movies that could be displayed. Honey I Shrunk the Kids? Now a Bugs's Life play area. Move the AFI show case to where Idol and Sounds Dangerous is and knock down the rest of the backlot tour for more Pixar attractions. Add studio versions of a few of the Carsland rides included RSR, but make it look like a movie set. This is Pixar Place, not Carsland. Move Mater and Lighting M&G into the new area. However, create animatronic cars that can interact with guests. It dumb to get your picture taken next to two inanimate objects.

I would then push back in the Art of Animation area, to add a simple dark ride involving the history of Mickey and allow to tell the Disney story there. This area could also be used to promote the latest Disney or Pixar films with special, limited time exhibits. Exhibits are cool if they get switched out from time to time.

Finally throw more Hollywood into the park. Add a Disney wax museum, filled with famous Disney scenes, both live action and animated. Work with other Hollywood agencies and organizations to bring more historical exhibits and attractions for the public to see so we don't have to go to Hollywood. And for pete's sake, add the Hollywood sign, complete with Mickey ears somewhere.

Okay those are my ideas. And to keep it rumor, a bus driver told me they were going to do all of it.....

arthropodtodd said:
I think it is safe to say we all jump on rumors about DHS because the park needs some help. We have heard the rumors about new "worlds" being created to more match Universal. There has also been the rumors/news of seeing Imagineers walking around the parks as well as stories of executives in the park. And then of course Disney went and bought out Lucas and now have free reign with his creations.

So i think it is safe to say things will change at DHS whenever either the right plan or fiances are in place. They are not going to dump money into the park unless they know they will make money off it. Contrary to what we like to think Disney is trying to make money, not make dreams come true.

So what will happen? Who knows.

Is there land available? Yep, lots of it. Take a look at Google maps at the area. There is several areas for either expansion or options for remodeling/demolition. You have parking lots and woods to the east, southeast, and south of the park able to be used. To the west and north you are blocked by roads, but reworking of the park for flow could be done and tweaked by what you do with the Backlot and LMA.

So here is what I would do...because no one asked.

Echo lake and surrounding restaurants, leave them. They work with the "hub" being part of Hollywood's Golden age. Improve on this. Mainstreet has not a single ride at MK, but is a blast and filled with eye candy.

Develop more Star Wars now that they own it and do not have to deal with George. Turn the Back Lost Express by ST into the Cantina, complete with repetitive music from movie. Remove Jedi Training and create a new road with a new Theater area for Jedi, a new kids friendly ride (perhaps a SW version the Astro Orbiter) and build half of the Deathstar with a coast inside to be the center point of this land ala Space Mountain. Inside you will find a dueling Lightsaber Coaster (see idea for the dueling dragons coaster was proposed at AK). Imagine two coasters in pitch black, one red and one blue/green that go at the same time and intertwine and near miss each other while epic saber fight music and sounds occur. Heck have two separate lines (Sith and Jedi) with separate FP that allows guests to choose their own path complete with a different interactive line. Also, since this is a Studio themed park, add all sorts of props and such to the area. Bring up the snowspeeder from the Backlot tour, and other SW stuff to display. Add a Hoth icey playground where one can cool down in the summers.

Expand Pixar Place, and say no to Carsland. Pixar, Disney Animation, Hollywood Golden Age and SW should be the center pieces to this park, but again keep it feeling like a studio. So have the Streets of America merge into the Streets of Monstropolis, which at the end of the block could have either Monster U or Monsters Inc. with a ride. Which would go north on the back edge of the park by LMA and Catastrophe Canyon. Again make it like a movie set just one based in the monster world. They could even create artifacts from famous monster movies that could be displayed. Honey I Shrunk the Kids? Now a Bugs's Life play area. Move the AFI show case to where Idol and Sounds Dangerous is and knock down the rest of the backlot tour for more Pixar attractions. Add studio versions of a few of the Carsland rides included RSR, but make it look like a movie set. This is Pixar Place, not Carsland. Move Mater and Lighting M&G into the new area. However, create animatronic cars that can interact with guests. It dumb to get your picture taken next to two inanimate objects.

I would then push back in the Art of Animation area, to add a simple dark ride involving the history of Mickey and allow to tell the Disney story there. This area could also be used to promote the latest Disney or Pixar films with special, limited time exhibits. Exhibits are cool if they get switched out from time to time.

Finally throw more Hollywood into the park. Add a Disney wax museum, filled with famous Disney scenes, both live action and animated. Work with other Hollywood agencies and organizations to bring more historical exhibits and attractions for the public to see so we don't have to go to Hollywood. And for pete's sake, add the Hollywood sign, complete with Mickey ears somewhere.

Okay those are my ideas. And to keep it rumor, a bus driver told me they were going to do all of it.....

Wow! I love all of these ideas!

From what I see, if the stipulation is that they can't use characters that are currently being used, all I see Universal Studios using at their park is Spiderman and the Hulk. That leaves a WHOLE LOT of other characters that Disney can incorporate.

I'd just be happy with Thor ;)

From what I see, if the stipulation is that they can't use characters that are currently being used, all I see Universal Studios using at their park is Spiderman and the Hulk. That leaves a WHOLE LOT of other characters that Disney can incorporate.

I believe they can't use any characters that are depicted in any way at Universal, like, even if it's just a picture on a building. So it's a lot more than just Spiderman and the Hulk, sadly.

That being said, I'm not even sure if that's the deal, or if the deal is just that they flat out can't do anything with them in Florida. :confused3

From the actual contract Universal is using a character if it "is more than an incidental element of an attraction, is presented as a costumed character, or is more than an incidental element of the theming of a retail store or food facility". Also if they are using one character of a "family" of characters, they have exclusive rights to all the characters.

So they are using Captain America and the Hulk which gives them all of the Avengers, the Storm ride gives them all the X-Men, Spirderman and all the assocaited villians, and Dr Doom gives them Fantastic Four and all thier villains. This pretty much covers every major Marvel character.

This has been covered ad nauseum...

There is no strategic benefit for Disney to make any attempt to use marvel characters in florida...none.

not from a financial or advertising perspective.

Originally posted by arthropodtodd

~~A bunch of really amazing and awesome ideas about how to improve HS.

And I could agree with all of them if Disney had the time, money and inspiration to do it all very well, except Streets of America. Instead of adapting them to Monstropolis I would rather see The Incredibles represented. The outlines of a mega city are already there so it would cost even less to adapt and the streets of Monstropolis could be built just around the corner if they were to demo LMA and/or the Backlot as many have rumored. (Oh, see, rumors board, mentioned the rumor....)

Personally, I would love to see updates to the park and eat up the rumors. This is the one that was built close to when I was born so I grew up with it if you will. It's sad to see it be a 'partial day park'.

And maybe someone had this idea already. If they do expand Pixar Place, how bout moving the Laugh Floor from Tomorrowland, where it doesn't need to be, to HS? Perfection indeed!

Ive heard the rumor about the "worlds" a lot, written on many different Disney boards and blogs. There is either truth to it, or the same person is making it up all over the web.

I don't think it is as absurd as some people think it is. Universal has all the lands and with Harry Potter's expansion, I wouldnt doubt that Disney tries to duplicate their compitition, but then make it 100 times better.

One interesting Tidbit that makes me even write this post is because of a survey Disney emailed my wife and I this week. We just booked our trip for March and they sent me a survey to rate the parks in order of most liked to least liked. Thinking I may get a pin code sent back for participating, I put down my prefrence of most like in order; MK, Epcott, AK and least is Hollywood Studios. Once I clicked that, Disney had 2 follow up pages on Hollywood studios, asking what I would want changed, how Disney could make it better and then lastly, how I think it compares to other theme parks in Orlando (Most Likely referring to Universal).

My wife got the same survey and she put down MK, Hollywood, Epcott and AK. After she clicked continue, it said thanks for participating and had no follow-up questions, like It had for me, listing Hollywood as my least favorite.

I think something is brewing. It makes sense that being Disney has AK, Epcot and MK, they can try something different with their 4th park. Especially being that the park is named hollywood studios, it make sense that the park can transform into hollywood sets of movies and put them into entire lands.

I think it is safe to say we could definetly be seeing Star Wars and Cars Land. Possibly a Pixar Land and whatever else the Imagineers can think of.

Perhaps they should build Pixar Place and Cars Land and Star Wars Land and reaquire Marvel and build Marvel Universe.... which pretty much redoes the whole park and they can re-name it Licencing Lagoon ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter