Hollywood studios rumor i just saw

mbrou24

Theme Park Veteran
Any truth to the rumor I saw that hs will he retheming into something like universal with different worlds? I've seen it mentioned before but just trying to get an update/spark the debate

Well someone had an extensive rumor about this a little while back, but I thought it fizzled out.

Disney Transport Drivers???? Are you here???:rotfl2:

Interesting. They need to do a lot with HS. I know they have "Sunset Boulevard" with ToT and RnRC. Pixar Place has TSM and ... Streets of America has Muppets lol. I could see them maybe overhauling the area by Indiana Jones one day to add a Star Wars show or another Star Wars themed ride. HS has to have something added soon though.

i would be down with some retheming, but what they got now works. kinda.

first they need to retheme the rocking roller coaster. its a nice ride, but theme doesnt fit at all. retheme to a tron ride. the room where you see aerosmith in the recoding studio, thats where the computer sucks you in.

second, i hope that with the purchase of lucasfilm they will be able to expand on star wars to give us a star wars land.

and i know they dont have alot of land to work with. but if they got rid of the backlot tour and the car show (name escapes me) thats plenty of land to add a new small "land"

A Star Wars land would be a winner in my book.

I recently ran the half marathon, and there seemed to be more land around Disney than I previously thought. I would love to see if there is land bordering Hollywood Studios in which they could expand.

At a bare minimum, I think that Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom both need at least 2 more high profile rides. I don't mind HS as much since I kind of consider it part of Epcot (We walk between the two.), but sometimes we don't go to Animal Kingdom since only a few of the rides appeal to the family.

I just really feel Indiana Jones has run its course. Time for something a little more relevant. With Disney purchasing LucasFilm and making more movies, I think it's inevitable.

It would be nice for it to have some more cohesive lands for sure and not just a mishmash all over the park!

There is thought that Pixar Place may be exspanded. There is rumor of Cars Land (or at least the Racers & Tractors). Plus there was talk a couple of years ago about a Monster's INC rollercoster. They do have some room to work with just not as much as AK.

Yea it would be nice to add on to Pixar Place, whether its a cars land or some pieces from it and a Monsters inc./Rattatoule (sorry for spelling lol) coaster. It's such a shame b/c I really do enjoy this park. I just hate always having to sit down and watch a show... I want rides!! Don't get me wrong... a few shows are nice, but 6 is a little much (7 if you want to count Jack Sparrow).

i love HS, too. but i agree that it needs some heavy updating.

i would keep the movie ride because it is a classic but perhaps they need to add some more updated movie scenes? backlot - it's also a classic. and they always need to keep a couple of classics.

toy story mania has to stay - star tours, too.

but i would like to see pixar car type rides (or radiator springs like in DL, CA).

would be really nice if we could see something regarding marvel comics?

i'm a big x-men and avengers geek, though. :) so that's just wishful thinking on my part. i am guessing marvel comics would fit in HS the most? especially as HS is competing with the likes of universal studios.

i love HS, too. but i agree that it needs some heavy updating.

i would keep the movie ride because it is a classic but perhaps they need to add some more updated movie scenes? backlot - it's also a classic. and they always need to keep a couple of classics.

toy story mania has to stay - star tours, too.

but i would like to see pixar car type rides (or radiator springs like in DL, CA).

would be really nice if we could see something regarding marvel comics?

i'm a big x-men and avengers geek, though. :) so that's just wishful thinking on my part. i am guessing marvel comics would fit in HS the most? especially as HS is competing with the likes of universal studios.

Sadly, part of Disney's deal when they bought Marvel was that they couldn't use any of the characters that Universal is using in any way in their Florida parks. There was mention a while back of Innoventions being rethemed as the Stark Expo, and I'm not sure if that's still happening or not, but you will never see Spiderman, X-Men, Hulk, etc in Disney World unless Universal suddenly decided to change over the 2nd most popular part of their entire Theme Park, which they have no real reason to do.

i would be down with some retheming, but what they got now works. kinda.

first they need to retheme the rocking roller coaster. its a nice ride, but theme doesnt fit at all. retheme to a tron ride. the room where you see aerosmith in the recoding studio, thats where the computer sucks you in.

second, i hope that with the purchase of lucasfilm they will be able to expand on star wars to give us a star wars land.

and i know they dont have alot of land to work with. but if they got rid of the backlot tour and the car show (name escapes me) thats plenty of land to add a new small "land"

I disagree a little. Maybe a retheme maybe a little better, but TRON ride wouldn't work for that area. At least RnR is a limo going thru the streets to Hollywood/Cali. Don't get me wrong, a tron type ride would be cool at WDW somewhere but off of Sunset Blvd by the ToT, I think not.

I agree to a Star Wars area. And like others, I agree to expansion of Pixar Place. They could do alot with Monsters, Inc, Cars, etc.

....you're joking, right?

disneyworld1977 said:
Well someone had an extensive rumor about this a little while back, but I thought it fizzled out.

Disney Transport Drivers???? Are you here???:rotfl2:

Yea I had read that a while back, but saw this rumor on another site. And kinda out two and two together with the whole earful tower being part of promotions for hs again, the rumor I saw the guy said he will be a part of the "dismantling of the big hat" so it all kind of coincided.

Yea it would be nice to add on to Pixar Place, whether its a cars land or some pieces from it and a Monsters inc./Rattatoule (sorry for spelling lol) coaster. It's such a shame b/c I really do enjoy this park. I just hate always having to sit down and watch a show... I want rides!! Don't get me wrong... a few shows are nice, but 6 is a little much (7 if you want to count Jack Sparrow).

Of course DHS could use one or two more quality rides (the Monsters Inc roller coaster has always seemed like a no-brainer), although I don't mind that it is mostly shows. What I do have an issue with is how they schedule the shows. It's awful. It's almost never possible to go straight from one show to another. So it makes scheduling your day very difficult and you end up with too much "dead time" waiting for the next show time where it is not long enough to do a ride in between and make it to the next show on time but too much time to just head over the show. [this is usually where someone chimes in saying that this is probably by design to give people that down time to browse shops and spend money]

My other big probelm with DHS is the lousy layout. The other 3 parks have a symmetrical/circular design that's easy to navigate. At DHS, you seem to do a lot of zig-zagging and backtracking.

I was just thinking about that a few weeks ago. We were walking around HS and I was thinking " who's the genius who designed the layout of this place?"

love the aerosmith ride, but HATE the aerosmith theme LOL if that makes sense

To me Id keep Hollywood studios basically the same but add

1. Star Wars Land ( maybe replace the Indiana Jones show )
2. Cars Land ( definitely replace the stunt car show )
3. Pixar Place addition ( Monster Inc Ride )

That is a lot of change of course but I like the rest to be honest and would like to keep it as is.

But this place BADLY needs the 3 things or something like it , for me to ever go back again

A Star Wars land would be so awesome!!! I would love to see this:) But like PPs have said, you'd have to get rid of Indiana Jones, and probably clear out other areas just to make room for it. Thats the unfortunate part, theres just no room to really expand around Star Tours, unless there's areas behind it I don't know about?

how about that whole area including the pond ( Echo Lake ) and surrounding area ? Fill the Pond in take out/replace Indiana Jones, the restaurant in between it and Star Tours, sounds dangerous, ect ect. A nice and pretty big star wars Land could fit in rather nicely there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter