Hilton Head Refurbishment

DVCLee

Earning My Ears
Any news on room refurbishment at Hilton Head? Can't find any updates and wondered how it was going.

Last I heard (admittedly a few months ago), the front desk manager told me it would be starting in June (beginning of the busiest season?)

When I asked on Memorial Day, I heard they will finish building 30 at the end of July.
That is where the test rooms are, correct? So now for my stay at the end of August, I’m wondering if I should request Building 12 like I usually do or request Building 30 and hope they have done something to soundproof the floor of the GV. Hmmmm.

That is where the test rooms are, correct? So now for my stay at the end of August, I’m wondering if I should request Building 12 like I usually do or request Building 30 and hope they have done something to soundproof the floor of the GV. Hmmmm.
yes, test rooms are a studio/1bed in 30.

yes, test rooms are a studio/1bed in 30.
We are in a studio this time. I don't know if it would be a good thing to have a test room or not. The advantage is it would all be (almost) new, but the disadvantage is there will probably be construction in the nearby area since they seem to be starting at that end of the resort.

We are in a studio this time. I don't know if it would be a good thing to have a test room or not. The advantage is it would all be (almost) new, but the disadvantage is there will probably be construction in the nearby area since they seem to be starting at that end of the resort.
True. We are going in July in a studio and requesting 28 or 18 i think.

True. We are going in July in a studio and requesting 28 or 18 i think.
Have you ever been under a GV? I have issues with noise, so I'm worried the sound issues won't be fixed with the refurbishment. Maybe sleepydog can give some insight??? Or maybe I'll just have to wait and get some firsthand info about it the end of next month.

Have you ever been under a GV? I have issues with noise, so I'm worried the sound issues won't be fixed with the refurbishment. Maybe sleepydog can give some insight??? Or maybe I'll just have to wait and get some firsthand info about it the end of next month.
We have stayed in each studio below a grand villa except 18 and 28. Trying them all. We sleep fine somehow?

We have stayed in each studio below a grand villa except 18 and 28. Trying them all. We sleep fine somehow?
I’m a light sleeper but I can usually block out noise with earplugs if I have to. I’m just wondering if the refurb is doing anything to soundproof between floors.

Is the 1 BR in building 18 below a Grand Villa? If so, I've stayed below a GV. Yes, it was kind of loud-it sounded like they were moving furniture up above. However, it wasn't too bad, because they seemed to be on the same sleep cycle as us. I do wish they'd do something to improve the soundproofing though. What's strange is that at WDW, I hardly ever hear much above me, but at HHI, it's very loud.

Is the 1 BR in building 18 below a Grand Villa? If so, I've stayed below a GV. Yes, it was kind of loud-it sounded like they were moving furniture up above. However, it wasn't too bad, because they seemed to be on the same sleep cycle as us. I do wish they'd do something to improve the soundproofing though. What's strange is that at WDW, I hardly ever hear much above me, but at HHI, it's very loud.
yes, 18 1 BR is below a GV.

The refurbishment does not deal with soundproofing at all, just re-theming the rooms and updating the furniture, soft goods, furnishings, et. al. The color scheme will be muted as has been Disney's wont, aside from some minor artwork featuring Disney characters. So, the noise level under the GVs for both the 1BR and studio will be roughly the same, I would think. I will say that the noise level for the studio is likely a little less than for a 1BR as they sit under a GV bedroom in all but one building where the GV kitchen is to the right and not the typical left. The 1BRs, on the other hand, are under the main living area and kitchen of the GVs.

The refurbishment does not deal with soundproofing at all, just re-theming the rooms and updating the furniture, soft goods, furnishings, et. al. The color scheme will be muted as has been Disney's wont, aside from some minor artwork featuring Disney characters. So, the noise level under the GVs for both the 1BR and studio will be roughly the same, I would think. I will say that the noise level for the studio is likely a little less than for a 1BR as they sit under a GV bedroom in all but one building where the GV kitchen is to the right and not the typical left. The 1BRs, on the other hand, are under the main living area and kitchen of the GVs.
Thank you so much for the information!

Which building is this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter