Hijinks & Shenanigans but not much Mayhem@The Dark Side+Disney:Link to DL/Hawaii TR

Love the "I'm Sirius pic!

I'm excited just reading about the start of the BC portion of your trip. Can't wait to see the room pictures and read all about the rest of your trip.

I love that photo of the incredible hulk coaster with the boys in the fourth row. That is very cool. Nicely done.

You really got a lot accomplished before your 11am departure time.

I love all the Universal PP pictures. I didn't know they also did magic shots. Copy cats. :rotfl:

Looking forward to your BC arrival. :thumbsup2

Wait. You already arrived. :rotfl2: Doh!

Change that to I can't wait to see your room!!!!! ::yes::

If you look on your first picture, up at the balcony on the top floor with the crap it, that's OUR crap.....I mean our lovely wet water gear drying out! Wait, when did you check in? Wednesday? Then it might be Joel, Jay and Amy's beach towels from their day at Cocoa Beach.

I'm so excited to read about your time at BC!

That is hilarious!!!

I think that picture was taken on Tuesday, after we had checked in and we were on our way to the Magic Kingdom, between noon and 1.

:)

GAH you are going to make us wait to see your room?

:sad:

FUN last morning at IoA though I can so totally see that butterbeer brewhaha happening. It can be frustrating, especially when you know the clock is ticking, to feel like you are waiting forever for another group. Of course, had they had their phones....

What a bummer Ben wasn't chosen at Ollivanders! We've still not done it and since are not on property in Dec/Jan it is probably unlikely unless one of the boys really wants to.

Lord knows my dad will. :rotfl:

I'm still amazed you did all that pre-checkout, and got out in time. I can only pull off something like that on a trip without my family.

Will it help your anticipation about the room if I tell you I have over 100 pictures from the balcony/of the view???

We were pretty happy with what we did in the 3 hours between the early opening of the Wizarding World at 7 am and heading back to the Hard Rock at 10.

I was disappointed that Ben was not picked at Olivander's. With all of his recent acting experience, I knew he would love being part of the "show"

pixiedust:

Can't wait to see the room!!

~N

Probably tomorrow.

:thumbsup2

I'm all excited now to see your room and hear all you get up to on your Disney portion of the trip. Love hearing all about universal too so I'm looking forward to reading more of everything really!

The Disney part of the trip really lends itself to some great stories. Can't wait to share them!

:goodvibes

OMG I can't wait to see the room!!!

My boys do not like to sleep together either, but we weren't able to get a daybed when we stayed there just a rollaway so that is huge you scored the daybed!! Yay!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The daybed was not crucial, but if the room didn't have one we would request a rollaway. We had rented one for our Hard Rock stay for $25 per night and it was totally worth it. Happy Teen = Happy Vacation!

:rotfl2:

Cute pictures. I am a huge Harry Potter fan. The only reason I would go to Universal would be to see all the HP stuff. Maybe I'll get over there someday. It looks awesome. :)

Am I the only one who thinks that the answer should be "pixie dust"? ;)

That's funny. Did she get anything wrong? ;)

What a weird coincidence that your stuff is in her picture. :goodvibes

The Wizarding World is absolutely amazing!!! I can't wait to hear more about the expansion they are doing with the Hogwarts Express and Gringott's ride!

"Pixie Dust!" That is awesome! It fits!!! pixiedust:

I don't remember if Vilma said anything I didn't agree with. Nothing stands out.

I LOVE this!!! Lol

Oh, and forgot to mention that I glanced over at Mark a few times and he looked petrified that I was going to correct her about something!

:lmao:

Love the "I'm Sirius pic!

I'm excited just reading about the start of the BC portion of your trip. Can't wait to see the room pictures and read all about the rest of your trip.

Isn't that a great picture!!! I just found it yesterday morning and it fit perfectly!

More coming soon!

I love that photo of the incredible hulk coaster with the boys in the fourth row. That is very cool. Nicely done.

You really got a lot accomplished before your 11am departure time.

I love all the Universal PP pictures. I didn't know they also did magic shots. Copy cats. :rotfl:

Looking forward to your BC arrival. :thumbsup2

Ben and I are still fighting over custody of the Hulk photo- he is convinced that he took it, but I'm pretty sure it was from my camera. We were switching memory cards and they all have different numbering, so I need to figure out which pictures were taken when and by whom.

The Photo Connect was truly a great deal, especially for a multiple day stay. You are supposed to deal with the magic shots while you are still at the parks, but I called and had to speak to customer support after we returned home. The person I spoke to was very nice, and very helpful and emailed the corrected pictures to me.

Wait. You already arrived. :rotfl2: Doh!

Change that to I can't wait to see your room!!!!! ::yes::

I'm hoping to do a room reveal tomorrow.

Ahh see that, Universal just breeds "unpleasantness". :laughing:

It looks like Universal is upping their photo ops even adding Magic Shots (or whatever they are calling it.)

Just wanted to let you know I am following along.....Now that you're getting to the 'good stuff' :cool2:

Aw too bad Nate didn't get picked for the wand at Ollivanders. That show is so cute. Forbidden Journey is so amazing, always worth one last ride. On Dragon challenge I found my threshold for coaster intensity! Lol that one is pretty intense!

Hooray, you arrived at disney!! I can't wait to see your room, bc is so beautiful!

We missed out on Olivander's on our trip. Oh well, we'll try to catch it next time. Sorry that Ben didn't get picked for the show :(

But on a happy note, I can't wait to see the pics of your room at the Beach Club. It is my second favorite hotel next to the Poly, of course! Everytime we visit the Boardwalk, I always make a point to walk all the way around just so I can drool at the pool. I have always wanted to stay there just for THAT! Oh and being next to Epcot would be pretty cool too, I guess ;)

We have yet to do Ollivander's on any of our trips to IOA. I'd just rather get an extra spin in on FJ before the crowds really start to descend.

Nice score on the updgraded Beach Club room, can't wait to see what it looks like! :thumbsup2 The Queen of the BC thread has returned "home," all is right with the world.

Where do I get a Yacht Club button? ;)

Ahh see that, Universal just breeds "unpleasantness". :laughing:

It looks like Universal is upping their photo ops even adding Magic Shots (or whatever they are calling it.)

As a wise man once (or twice) said "It ain't Disney!!!"

I have no idea what they are calling the magic shots. It seems that they are still trying to get out the word about the Photo Connect- every desk where we went to add our ride photo to the card, they were explaining the program to guests.

Just wanted to let you know I am following along.....Now that you're getting to the 'good stuff' :cool2:

Thanks, friend!

More coming up very soon.

Aw too bad Nate didn't get picked for the wand at Ollivanders. That show is so cute. Forbidden Journey is so amazing, always worth one last ride. On Dragon challenge I found my threshold for coaster intensity! Lol that one is pretty intense!

Hooray, you arrived at disney!! I can't wait to see your room, bc is so beautiful!

It would have been cool for one of the boys to be picked! I figured the odds would never get much better, and the line would never be shorter.

I think I rode Forbidden Journey 7 times on this trip and 5 last time and I still see new things!

Dragon Challenge is pretty intense! Probably the scariest coaster I have done. Definitely not the smoothest! I'm good for about a ride a day, or less, so it is a good thing Mark will pick up the slack there. Nate is also willing to ride alone, if necessary.

Room pictures coming right up!

I :love: Beach Club.

We missed out on Olivander's on our trip. Oh well, we'll try to catch it next time. Sorry that Ben didn't get picked for the show :(

But on a happy note, I can't wait to see the pics of your room at the Beach Club. It is my second favorite hotel next to the Poly, of course! Everytime we visit the Boardwalk, I always make a point to walk all the way around just so I can drool at the pool. I have always wanted to stay there just for THAT! Oh and being next to Epcot would be pretty cool too, I guess ;)

The Olivander's show is like the Jedi Training Academy, with more disappointment! The show is short and definitely can be missed. If there are 75-100 people in line, it will take you an hour to get in.

Not worth it!!!

The Beach Club is awesome!!!

We have yet to do Ollivander's on any of our trips to IOA. I'd just rather get an extra spin in on FJ before the crowds really start to descend.

Nice score on the updgraded Beach Club room, can't wait to see what it looks like! :thumbsup2 The Queen of the BC thread has returned "home," all is right with the world.

Where do I get a Yacht Club button? ;)

As I said above, definitely not worth a long wait! If you are not staying on property with the early entry, you probably should forget it. The line gets so long, so quickly!!!

Just to clarify on the official "Beach Club titles"

Teena is the Queen of the Beach Club.

Lily is the Princess.

I see myself more as a "Prime Minister"-type.

:lmao:

PS- sadly, all of those custom-made buttons are gone :sad1:

We had around 100 of them that we distributed upon request (and Nannette generously mailed at no charge), but our supply ran out in March.

As I mentioned in my last post, our room was located quite a distance from the club lounge/elevators, in the second hallway corridor from all of the action. It was a very quiet room. We didnt hear any noise from our neighbors or the hallway.

Here is the RFID key entry where you just tap your room key, or magic band, to unlock the door

Heres the daybed, as a couch and transformed into a cot (very comfortable according to Nate):

]

Hall and Closet:

Room Safe (opened by key, not by an electronic code). Dimension: 13x9x4
Yes, I brought a tape measure along on vacation!!!

]

Refrigerator:
We checked in a couple of weeks after the announcement about the safety recall of many of the refrigerators at Disney resorts. I decided to keep that tidbit to myself and hope for the best- turned out to be a good call because we did indeed have a working fridge in our room.

]

Bathroom:

]

Our Mousekeeper Stella was excellent, which is good because recent reports have been all over the map lately on the quality of the room cleaning at the Beach Club. We are not a family who rates a trip by the number of towel animals, but we received a bunch!!! The swans and the heart were a nice touch as we were celebrating our anniversary.

This one had us stumped. The four of us all came up with a different answer about what we thought it was, and when I posted it on the BC board, there were even more guesses! Whats yours?

Ill give our answers at the end of this post.

At least we didnt get the infamous, ahem, mushroom stingray ? that others have found upon return to their rooms.

Towel Animal: I thought this was a duckie, Mark said baby seal, Nate voted playpus and Ben said kangaroo.

Room 5709 is the one in the middle under the triangular peak, below the semi-circular window.

We had a door leading out to the balcony, which I prefer to the sliders. I am not coordinated enough to manage the curtains, a sliding door, my coffee, camera and book/notebook at 4:30 am when I am trying not to wake my roommates.

And how was the view???

Well, I took over 100 pictures from the balcony on this trip!!!

Here are just a few.

Extra-large balcony:

Views:

Far Right:

Far Left:

Continued in Next Post

A couple of early morning/night shots:

One morning it was POURING while I was out on the balcony, before everyone else was awake.

Check out the water coming out of the gutter on the roof:

And then, after a few minutes, it stopped.

I just realized I forgot the comic for this grouping of posts!!! No room in the first two since they both have 25 pictures, so I'll put it here:

Next Up: I have been waiting OVER A YEAR for this lunch!!!

Awesome!! Love the pics! What you didn't get a pic of was the phone book... or did you and not post it?!?

~N

Love it Dee. One of my favorite parts of any trip is when we finally enter the room that will be our home for the next few days I have to tell a tired traveling crew to "Stop right there. I have to take pictures of the room"!

We had Stella on our one of our BC trips. She is the best and such a sweet lady.

I thought that towel was a bunny, but my second thought was a little joey kangaroo poking out of his moms pouch.

Wow, beautiful room! Glad you got your requests, that balcony is really great, what a view. How calming it would be to just sit out there I. The pouring rain with no one else up! I would love that!
I've seen BC pictures before but not too many, so thanks for sharing yours, it really is gorgeous!

What a great view!! I guess you never had to wonder how crowded SAB was before heading down. I would love that!

I wasn't surprised at all how many pics you took of the view. That would be something I'd do too. Lol. My DH is not amazed anymore that in a week I can take close to 1000 pics.

Nice room. Thank you for the tour.

I still find it so strange that the room safes use a key. Just so odd and kind of annoying.

HAHA. I think that towel on the hanger looks like a chicken or turkey ready for cooking.

Ahhh, nice view.

Oh God, the early morning shots are heavenly. I've never been to Beach Club, but I do so love the early morning vibe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts