Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

I am sorry if this has been answered before, but, I do see that no one under 21 can drink which I understand, however, are kids allowed on this reservation? We are celebrating my 40th this year and if this event continues, my son will be 10 with a very mature palate and I was hoping he could join us.

I am sorry if this has been answered before, but, I do see that no one under 21 can drink which I understand, however, are kids allowed on this reservation? We are celebrating my 40th this year and if this event continues, my son will be 10 with a very mature palate and I was hoping he could join us.

Kids are allowed and they do offer non-alcoholic drinks but don't discount the price for kids or non-alcoholic drinks. I'm not sure he would be comfortable, there is a lot of alcohol flowing and while I didn't see anyone nasty fall on their feet drunk, there were a few happy folks when we went. It might be a little boring for a young one since it is all adults. There are times you are going to be sharing a table with others and I might make the other adults just a tad uncomfortable to have a child there. Not saying you can't take him or he wouldn't enjoy it but you might want to think hard about it. I went with my son but he's 36.

This was discussed way back when, I am taking my differently abled DS22 on May 6, I think you do what is good for you as a family. I personally will enjoy his drinks and hope we can score a very pricey mac and cheese. But this will be a celebration for his sister and there is no way we would consider doing it without him there. He is quiet and well behaved, and won't bother others (except with a huge belly laugh if they do fall down).

Well, the only weekend date I could find was May 27. I snagged a reservation for 2 for myself and a friend. Booked All Star Sports for the nights for $131. I was in quite the happy bubble until my friend reminded me that that is Memorial Day weekend and it will be a hard time to find standby seats to fly down. Went back in to look and everything that is not a school day is sold out. I can't leave the kids alone on a school day. DH would lose his ever loving mind if he had to deal with homework and hair.

Wondering if the orchestra is playing at the time guests are moved to the Tea Room.

Does anyone have an idea of when September may open?

Thanks.

Hubby and i will be going on May 2nd and can't wait!:yay:

I hope it lives up to all the hype:scratchin. It is such a unique event that I'm sure we'll enjoy it.

Still hoping they don't cut things out of the "5 course offerings" and keep with the original plan.
I'm curious to see if they change up the menu since we're going into a new season.

Liz & Ed:wave:

This was discussed way back when, I am taking my differently abled DS22 on May 6, I think you do what is good for you as a family. I personally will enjoy his drinks and hope we can score a very pricey mac and cheese. But this will be a celebration for his sister and there is no way we would consider doing it without him there. He is quiet and well behaved, and won't bother others (except with a huge belly laugh if they do fall down).

Thank you!

Kids are allowed and they do offer non-alcoholic drinks but don't discount the price for kids or non-alcoholic drinks. I'm not sure he would be comfortable, there is a lot of alcohol flowing and while I didn't see anyone nasty fall on their feet drunk, there were a few happy folks when we went. It might be a little boring for a young one since it is all adults. There are times you are going to be sharing a table with others and I might make the other adults just a tad uncomfortable to have a child there. Not saying you can't take him or he wouldn't enjoy it but you might want to think hard about it. I went with my son but he's 36.

Thank you!

Is it already all booked? I tried every single date. Every one. Nothing is available for even 1 person.

I think so. I tried to find another date at around 1:00 today and it seemed that everything was gone. But keep checking back and you may snag a cancellation

WOW. I expected the fast sell out the first time, but not this time. Guess Disney has hit on a good one.

Does anyone have an idea of when September may open?

Thanks.

:wave:I'm assuming the middle of July for a September date. I kept checking everyday for our dates in April and May. They just showed up yesterday :eek:. And it was frustrating because the dates were loaded but you couldn't book until the next day. Just an FYI.
You should have no problem getting the date you want:goodvibes

Liz:-)

I think there must be some sort of system glitch:crazy2: and the dates will be back up. Keep checking i was able to get mine for early May and everything was showing up as available. Also when i went in to check other dates and weeks everything showed up as available.:scratchin

My hubby and I went in early March and finally had the time, on this snowy day, to write a review! It was a highlight of our trip... if you can score a ressie - do it!

What a great time! We started at the Wave in the Contemporary where we met up with the rest of the group and we were all given lanyards to wear and to keep. The chef and manager came out and spoke with us. There were also 3 cast members who were with us all night. We got a small cup of a pea and mushroom soup and a Bay Lake Tower Sunset martini... both were very good. Then we were brought up to the monorail where we were brought to an empty car just for our group. There were 24 of us. We traveled to the Polynesian where the manager spoke to us and then we went to Trader Sam's Grotto where we were outside at high top tables. Everyone got their specialty drink - the Hippopoto-maitai... wow! That was really good! Then we got 3 small appetizers - tuna on a cucumber, a thin sliced beet with goat cheese and then pork belly on porcini mushrooms - all excellent. The cast members gave us a 5 minute warning before we were going to the next stop - they were all so nice. Then we got back on the monorail into our private car and got off at the Grand Floridian. There we went to Citricos where they placed us at a few tables. It was really nice getting to know everyone in the group and everyone was very friendly. At Citricos we had a choice of red or white wine... some people took both! Dinner was seared scallops and a short rib over a pureed vegetable... fantastic! The bread on the table was fresh and delicious as well. Then we were taken to the Tea Room in the Grand Floridian. We were given a cheese platter to be shared between 2 people and a glass of champagne. This was really nice as we were the only ones in the room and it was really relaxing after dinner. The cheese was a nice variety and tasty. Then it was time to move on again, back on the monorail and we got off at the Contemporary. There we were taken to the 4th floor balcony to an area reserved for our group. There were 2 desserts, coffees, soda and Bailey's! They had some benches too and this is where we watched the fireworks, Wishes, going off in the Magic Kingdom. The music for the fireworks was piped in too. Once it was over and we were leaving, everyone in the group got a small box of chocolates!

We really had a great time and would probably do it again sometime in the future. It was just my husband and I but we talked with many of the people along the way as well as the cast members. We felt it was a good bang for the buck too! If you have the opportunity - GO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter