HHN Gameplan

Strawman

Mouseketeer
Our party of 6 will be attending HHN Sat. 10/11. I am trying to make a plan for minimizing our wait times, I'm not buying EP's. First, I want to arrive early, what time do they actually start allowing guests in the front gate? Which houses typically have the longest lines, so as to hit them first? Do the lines for any houses typically lessen later in the evening? Any other tips?

Park opens around 6-6:30.Get in line early,but then again from what I've been reading ,crowds are hit or miss this year!!

Our party of 6 will be attending HHN Sat. 10/11. I am trying to make a plan for minimizing our wait times, I'm not buying EP's. First, I want to arrive early, what time do they actually start allowing guests in the front gate? Which houses typically have the longest lines, so as to hit them first? Do the lines for any houses typically lessen later in the evening? Any other tips?
Since you don't have EP's for that night, it's very important you get in line out front as soon as the park closes at 5pm. Even though the crowds have been less than expected, I don't expect it to stay that way...especially on a Saturday. They will have the park maps in the stands as soon as you enter the parks so make sure you grab a couple. Just pick a route and do the best you can.

From my experience, as the night progresses, you can do the soundstage houses with not much wait (around 10-11pm on both of my visits I've seen Creatures and IT with 5 min. waits). On the flip side, Reflections of Fear can be a 60+ wait around that same time, so do that house early. Other houses that seem to have consistently longer times (during my visits) throughout the night seem to be Dead Exposure and The Hallow.

Is there any chance you can do Stay and Scream? If so, that is most definitely the way to go because you get such a big jump on the other guests. If not, being one of the first into the park will help. Personally if Scary Tales, Hallow and/or Dead Exposure are open and they let you turn right as you enter, hustle over to those because they get longer lines than the soundstages. But they might route you the other way...just know that Creatures rarely maintains a long line so you can come back to that one later. Get the ones that get long lines done first...the worst is Reflections of Fear because it's the icon house and also because it's right by Bill & Ted.

If you're staying till close you might have some premium house time at the end. The first weekend DH and I came one night two hours before closing and got in four houses...could have done more but we paused for a snack too and I think we might have done Rocky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter