HH in December and January?

bookswin

DIS Veteran
Hi. I happened to see somewhere that Marriott is asking over $300 plus tax for rooms on HH Island in December, and then I realized that DVC HH studios are as low as 6 points a night, seemingly an incredible bargain in comparison.

Has anyone been to DVC HH during those times? December weather averages in the low 60s according to a web search I did. The HH tourism website lists various holiday-style activities all month.

Wondering also what DVC HH cash prices might be in December. I suppose if they are cheap enough, I'd pay cash.

Anyway, any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

I spent one night one December as we were driving to FL. Definitey not swimming weather. We had a meet with Shadow, and found a nearby restaurant to enjoy,

We've been several times in early December-I think one stay coincided with bobbiwoz. Yes, I think it's an excellent use of points. Typically, you can enjoy biking around, not wait for meals because restaurants are nicely uncrowded, the resort itself usually offers as many activities all year round, but don't be surprised if you're the only one for your activity. I got a private walk at Pinckney Island, and a private 3 hour tour, simply because it was off-season and I was the only one signed up.

December and January is a great time to visit HHI. While the temps can vary widely, we have enjoyed 70's some days and 40's the next day. The ocean temp is too cool for my blood (upper 50's) but that is what tempers our weather here year round making it warmer than the mainland in winter months and cooler in the summer months (it might be 95 in the summer 25 miles away and still be in the mid 80's on the island).

Occupancy at the DVC Resort is usually low in the winter and many local restaurants offer specials to entice diners . One of our favorites, The Old Fort Pub, offered a three course meal for $36 this winter which just ended this past weekend. The complete menu is available and the diner has the choice of three of the four options (Appetizer, Salad, Entree, Dessert). Many restaurants offer similar programs.

As noted above, the resort programs are still offered and can provide a private tour at times depending on the level of interest from other guests.

The point costs are low as are the cash rates so it can be a real bargain.

Enjoy! :)

We've been there in early January. As noted, it can be chilly/rainy but can also be nice. No crowds anywhere. And the people at HHI Disney are SO nice!

As far as the rates go, I didn't know what size room you want, or the exact dates (even in December there were several different rates), but hopefully this link works. A 2 Bedroom in December varied from $280-$480 depending on the date.

https://hiltonhead.disney.go.com/rates-rooms/

We own at Hilton Head and usually go either Thanksgiving or Christmas. We only walk at the beach, but the pools are heated. Great time of year to go. Great use of points too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter