Hey all

tlinus

Forever a Proud Redhead
Just added Disney to our trip in 13 days. Can I just "wing it" as far as food or what?

Can I get any adr's now?

any help?

You can certainly try to wing it, but I'd probably try for a few ADR"s just to be safe. It all depends on the type of dining you like to do. If you have a signature restaurant or character dining that you think you might want to do, I'd definitely call up and try and get that now otherwise you may be disappointed. Have a great time!

It never hurts to call and try get some ADR's.
I live near Disney and I will call to try and get an ADR on the same day if I decide to eat dinner at Disney.

Its easier to call and find out what's available than just showing up at a restaurant and being disappointed.

I'd make some ADR's. This past February we decided to go to Disney on a Tuesday, I woke up Wednesday morning to make ADR's and we left for Disney World on Saturday! It was a very last minute trip to say the least! I planned it in 5 days and we still ate at awesome places like Ohana (breakfast and dinner), Chef Mickey, 1900 Park Fare (breakfast and dinner), Whispering Canyon Cafe, Coral Reef, Kona Cafe (breakfast and dinner), Tusker House, Crystal Palace, 50's Prime Time and Hollywood Brown Derby. It can be done! Try to make ADR's for what you can and then keep calling once you get to Disney too! People do cancel and tables open up. Good luck and have a great time! :goodvibes

If all you want is counter service then winging it will be fine.

You can still get reservations but I doubt they will be for the popular places. But there will be reservations available.

Now, that is for table service. You can (and we have) have enough counter service food during your trip that won't disappoint. Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom and Lotus Blossom Cafe in Epcot are two of my favorite spots to snack.

Just added Disney to our trip in 13 days. Can I just "wing it" as far as food or what?

Can I get any adr's now?

any help?

FWIW, I suffer from WDW-itis and the need to go walk-about, so I just decided 10 minutes ago to go take the kids next week for a night at AKL. Since that time, I got our savannah view room, set up our dinner at Boma, a character breakfast for the kids the next morning, and am now debating on if DW & I will want to chill out in the room/resort after dinner or if I will want to set up an in-room sitter w/Kids-nite-out so DW & I can go out for some late night fun....while I haven't made that decision yet, I encourage you to call as you may not get all of the prime time sites/times you might have wanted (ie no Le Cellier for dinner at 6:30pm or CRT for lunch at noon), you'll be a lot better off for the dates/times selection than you will be if you wait until the day you're at the park and try to be a walk up. That being said, you can still get walk up times at the popular places if you go right when they open, or check for cancellations/no shows...

I will be there in 4 days! and my mom and I just planned this trip... maybe a week ago, she called and made ADRs yesterday for all three days that we're going. So I would say try what you want, they may not have exactly what you want available, but wouldn't hurt to try right? I also had many people on here tell me to just keep trying you never know if someone will cancel!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter