He's Here! *video on page 2*

Queenie

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

Just a quick post before my new wee one wakes up to say he's here! Finlay James Malcolm Brown arrived at 11.45am last Monday (21st Sept) weighing 8lb 3oz. That's exactly 1 year and 1 day after our wedding, I'm thrilled!

It's been a very traumatic week for me. The birth didn't go as I'd hoped because when I was admitted in labour they found I was running a very high temperature and had to continuously minitor me and Fin throughout, cutting out most of my natural water birth hopes immediately. Fin's heart rate kept dropping very low so we had doctors regularly checking us and a student midwife with us at all times to watch the machine, c-section was also mentioned early on. I managed a very long time just using paracetamol and gas & air but eventually had to have an epidural as it got too painful and I was only 4cm. Managed to avoid the section but had to have a ventouse delivery so that made it all a bit worse and means I'll take longer to heal up.

Got out of hospital about 9/10pm on the Tuesday night but was feeling realy bad all Weds and Thurs with increasing back pain and a pain near my ribs. Thurs evening it got excruciating so we had to call Scott's parents to come and watch Fin whilst Scott rushed me to A&E (ER) and I was given an enormous syringe of morphine. Initially they thought it might be an effect of the epidural so I was taken back to maternity and given some stupid diagnoses (bad posture... :confused3 ) before they noticed something strange on a blood test to do with liver function. I was kept in overnight and on Friday afternoon they found I had gallstones. :headache: I was kept in another night for obs and came home Saturday with a new diet which means I can have practically no fat, very difficult for me! I have an appointment with a surgeon in 6 weeks to talk through my options but will most likely have keyhole surgery to remove my gall bladder to prevent any recurrances.

I'm sure you can imagine just how stressful this has been for us all, not only having a new baby but having this straight on top of it. Being in hospital 2 nights without Fin was agonising as I was in the baby blues phase and struggling to come to terms with everything. He made it very easy for me by being an angel for his grandparents and not crying when they had to take him away in the evenings.

Here's some pics of the little guy (you don't need to be on Facebook to view them.)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=147912&id=508863968&l=7039b77247

He is GORGEOUS! Congratulations!

You know what they say about planning! The important thing is that he (and you!) are healthy. I'm sorry about the gall bladder issue. I've heard it's a fairly easy surgery. It should be day surgery, right?

Enjoy these precious moments! They don't last long. :hug:

Fantastic news! He looks absolutely gorgeous:lovestruc I remember when my baby was tiny like that - and he's 16 today and taller than me:scared1: The years do go so quickly so enjoy it all - even the broken nights;) DH's cousin had a similar problem, with gallstones diagnosed after her first baby (I wonder if pregnancy does something??) and she had keyhole surgery and hasn't looked back:thumbsup2

So glad the little one is healthy and I will keep you in my prayers that everything is resolved soon.

Congrats on having such a cutie!

Rebecca

So glad the little one is healthy and I will keep you in my prayers that everything is resolved soon.

Congrats on having such a cutie!

Rebecca

Queenie, Fin is absolutely adorable!!!
Sorry you had issues, I had plenty of issues after DD was born and I know how challenging it is. Rest up! Let Daddy do all the work, no heavy lifting etc.
Lots of love from the cousins overseas, DD said "awe, how cute!" LOL

Congratulations! He is so sweet!:cloud9:

I had my gallbladder out when my DD was tiny...but not a newborn...it isn't as bad as you might think...I think it was 3 days or so of being uncomfortable and I have a bunch of tiny scars...my diet resumed being more normal after...before I couldn't eat anything...so I feel your pain!

I've been told the op would be very minor, most likely I'd be in and out of hospital the same day, at most it would be an overnight stay if they could do the surgery until later in the day. Not too worried about it but would rather I didn't have this over my head so soon after the birth. Right now all I want to do is curl up and eat comfort food, not worry constantly over how much fat everything contains.

oh queenie he is so adorable! enjoy every second of it. give him lots of love and hugs and kisses from us in rhode island!!!!!
:flower3:

Congrats!!! He is adorable.
I work in maternity and it is common with the gallbladder. Best of luck and congrats again.
Cindy

Queenie he is a keeper! What a cutie!! Congrats to you and DH!!

As for the gallbladder surg, I had it, no biggie for me. 3 little scars, only 1 had stitches. I was in for surg in the morning, DH asked when I got to the room what I had to do to get out today, my nurse told him, and we did everything so I got out by dinnertime. I didn't even have to take many pain pills, I was pretty good after the 2nd day or so...just laying around on the sofa with my laptop... Hope your's goes as smoothly as mine did!

Congratulations on your bundle of joy.:)

Your son is overwhelmingly adorable. Looking at the pix, I kept thinking how precious he truly is, and after all the waiting, was your pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Congratulations!!
Nap when he naps and I hope the gallstones stay relatively quiet.

Queenie, he's GORGEOUS!!! And I LOVE that name!! Take care of yourself & that new precious bundle of joy! Soak up every moment!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter