Here We Go! Fantasy September 18, 2021

Dealing with the last year, I cannot fault his pragmatism.
:teleport:
Exactly. He's the one keeping everyone's feet on the ground this time. He was wrong about our trip to Universal last Fall, so let's hope he's wrong about this.

Tomorrow is the day for platinum check in/ reservations. While it's not looking much better, we're paid in full and ready to get those Palo brunch reservations. I miss tea, but those were always really hard to get, anyway.
Save a couple for us. Silver has to wait until June 20.
:teleport:

Hope everyone is doing well. If you know any other folks on our cruise, invite them to the thread.

All of us but our oldest daughter (she's a grown so no say in what she does) are fully vaccinated now. She's going shortly to start hers. Our two youngest just got their new passports in the mail, and oldest son (also a grown up) just went for his passport appointment today. He even paid the extra money to get it expedited.

So here's hoping we go!

Disney has canceled all Fantasy cruises until the end of August 2021. :oops: However, they are still doing the test cruises at the end of the month. We may be the first Disney cruise to sail in the Caribbean. :cheer2:

Disney has canceled all Fantasy cruises until the end of August 2021. :oops: However, they are still doing the test cruises at the end of the month. We may be the first Disney cruise to sail in the Caribbean. :cheer2:

I hope so. Our oldest son said that when I told him. I'm hoping that they have plans to take out the Fantasy shortly after the Dream if that goes well. The Dream is only canceled through two cruises post test cruise date, so fingers crossed.

If not, we're looking at other cruises to transfer our credit to, because we paid in full to get Remy reservations and Palo brunch.

Paid in full yesterday. My TA thinks our cruise is going to happen. My name is Sally and I am silver.(wish it was June 20 already!) Bringing a co-worker with me. (Also nurses) She has never cruised Disney.My daughter and her family (all adults) are in concierge.
Can't wait to hear that horn and join the sail away party!

Paid in full yesterday. My TA thinks our cruise is going to happen. My name is Sally and I am silver.(wish it was June 20 already!) Bringing a co-worker with me. (Also nurses) She has never cruised Disney.My daughter and her family (all adults) are in concierge.

Welcome Aboard! :welcome: pirate:

I hope your TA is right, because it's going to be impossible for us to rebook with all six of us anytime soon. Oldest daughter is also a nurse. We'll have the healthiest cruise at sea! We paid in full so we could book Palo brunch and Remy. Good luck on June 20th!

We are silver and PIF too. I checked on concierge for this cruise 2 weeks ago. The only cabin left was going for $13,500.00. I will have to wait to take advantage of the free drinks in the concierge lounge from 5pm - 10pm.

Do you ever purchase the in-cabin decoration packages? Any favorites?

:earsboy:

Howdy everyone. Any thoughts on Disney's protocols for sailing? Has anyone changed their mind based on them, IF we're going. I'm thinking it looks good based on when Dream had her test sailing, and when her first reveune cruise is, and when Fantasy's test is scheduled and our cruise date. Fingers crossed. Hope you're all doing well.

In our family, oldest daughter is a little salty about the sailing protocols, but I think in the end she'll come along. It'll be the first, and probably last, time it'll be just the six of us so....

Wow! I haven’t been getting notified of posts so I apologize for not chiming in. I haven’t seen the new protocols yet but the Disney Dudettes are going come hell or high water!! We NEED this cruise! 🤣. For the newbies on here (to me newbies anyway) Welcome!! We are 3 retired nurses who have traveled together to WDW and DCL since the late 1990’s. Platinum level here. We booked our Excursion on Tortola…the keep driving and beach. St T we do on our own… up at dawn, jitery to Meghan’s Bay all morning then back to ship for lunch and head up to Paradise Point for Bushwhackers!! This is a tradition for us.

Wow! I haven’t been getting notified of posts so I apologize for not chiming in. I haven’t seen the new protocols yet but the Disney Dudettes are going come hell or high water!! We NEED this cruise! 🤣. For the newbies on here (to me newbies anyway) Welcome!! We are 3 retired nurses who have traveled together to WDW and DCL since the late 1990’s. Platinum level here. We booked our Excursion on Tortola…the keep driving and beach. St T we do on our own… up at dawn, jitery to Meghan’s Bay all morning then back to ship for lunch and head up to Paradise Point for Bushwhackers!! This is a tradition for us.
In another group I am in someone pointed out that BVI is at a level 4 covid rating that may prevent us from being able to stop there. I am hoping we do get to stop, because we did book an excursion there.

They put up protocols for the Dream which will be sailing beginning August 9.

We're also planning to do St T on our own.

In another group I am in someone pointed out that BVI is at a level 4 covid rating that may prevent us from being able to stop there. I am hoping we do get to stop, because we did book an excursion there.

They changed some of the early Dream cruises to be double dips at Castaway. Maybe if we can't do BVI that's what they'll do?

Hi all. Cautiously optimistic the cruise will be a go. Will be right off a 4 day on the dream so I’m ready for some Disney magic. A bit worried about port issues, but I’m good with multiple castaway cay days if needed!

We have been booked on this cruise since March 2020 and have been (still on) a roller coaster of feelings of if we would sail. We saw the protocols and while bummed about a couple things we are still hoping to sail. We have done Disney and Universal multiple times in the last 16 months and while we have had to greatly alter our normal routines it has made us try new and different things we really enjoyed. We are hoping for the same thing with cruises. We know it won't be the same by any means but there is new fun to be had.

Welcome aboard to the new folks. Our party is also bummed about some of the restrictions, but it is what it is. We did Uni last September, and flew to California in February to visit our oldest daughter, and there were some adjustments, but we managed.

Here's hoping we're going.

I hope we get to Tortola as we have never been and we are looking forward to it. I have no issues with masks at this point even though fully vaccinated. This virus will continue to mutate until more people get vaccinated and eventually the vaccine will be less affected. I get more upset with unvaccinated people at this point. I just wish DCL was more forthcoming with those of us that are booked. Total lack of communication regarding the test dates for the Fantasy and the chances of us actually sailing. The only info we are getting is from this thread or other news outlets. It is disrespectful to their paying guests..,who are paying premium prices to cruise with them. I apologize for my ranting. Just becoming disillusioned by their lack of organization and communication. 🥴

I hope we get to Tortola as we have never been and we are looking forward to it. I have no issues with masks at this point even though fully vaccinated. This virus will continue to mutate until more people get vaccinated and eventually the vaccine will be less affected. I get more upset with unvaccinated people at this point. I just wish DCL was more forthcoming with those of us that are booked. Total lack of communication regarding the test dates for the Fantasy and the chances of us actually sailing. The only info we are getting is from this thread or other news outlets. It is disrespectful to their paying guests..,who are paying premium prices to cruise with them. I apologize for my ranting. Just becoming disillusioned by their lack of organization and communication. 🥴

We went to Tortola years ago, very nice little island. And no problem, rant away. I do it to my poor family constantly. Agree 100% that even if there are no decisions made, it would be nice to hear, "we don't know yet, stay turned". Hopefully the end of August test cruise will be a success and we'll be off on the 18th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!