Here is September 11th as it happened on the DIS...very long

I didn't read the whole post, got about 3/4 down but that was just like a flash-back type of thing. And I wasn't even on the DIS then.

It's just surreal. All the different theories going on. Most people being worried, some saying don't overreact and more. It's so weird in a way.

Thank you for posting that. I still can't believe it's been 6 years. :sad2:

Wow...I remember being on the DIS so much that day as it was a true comfort.

I was watching Bob the Builder with my dd who was 2 at the time when my neighbor/friend called and told me to change the channel.

My parents were out in Las Vegas (they drove with my brother from New Mexico) and they were so afraid since at that point no-one knew if there were going to be more attacks.

My ds was 6 at the time and when we flew 2 months later (with air marshals on the plane and militarty personnel with guns at the airport) he was drawing pictures of guns shooting planes down - he was shooting down the bad guys.

I remember just crying and crying...

It is something we will never forget.

Jill

Wow...I remember being on the DIS so much that day as it was a true comfort.

I was watching Bob the Builder with my dd who was 2 at the time when my neighbor/friend called and told me to change the channel.

My parents were out in Las Vegas (they drove with my brother from New Mexico) and they were so afraid since at that point no-one knew if there were going to be more attacks.

My ds was 6 at the time and when we flew 2 months later (with air marshals on the plane and militarty personnel with guns at the airport) he was drawing pictures of guns shooting planes down - he was shooting down the bad guys.

I remember just crying and crying...

It is something we will never forget.

Jill

:( Awe. <3

It was my son's first day of pre school.

My daughter (6th grade at the time) came home terrified.... they didn't tell the kids what was going on..... so rumors started. Megan thought the Chinese had dropped an atomic bomb on NYC.

I was just going over the threads I saved from that day... just wanna Thank TVT, SSB & Dan... if it wasn't for you 3 DISers that day I would have lost my mind. :hug: Not to mention alll of you who were concerned about me and knew that I was at WDW alone. You guys are amazing. Love!

Wow...I was doing a great job of trying to avoid thinking too much about September 11th, 2001 today....until I read the first page of this thread and read and remembered what I posted, as well as everyone else. That's as far as I got just now...Page 1. I can't read any more of it... :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

Six years later and reading that brings me to tears. I'm sure 30 years from now it still will.

Thanks for bumping this back up today. I tried to not dwell on the date today but I think it might be fine time for me to do a little dwelling...

We will always remember, forever.

Again, a thankyou to jennymouse for putting this together six years ago.

I didn't have internet access at work then, so we listened to the radio at first, then a TV was set up in the cafeteria. It was the radio I was listening to when the first tower fell. I'll never forget the reporter on the scene, talking to the person in the station. He was asked if the side of the building fell, and he replied, "No, the WHOLE BUILDING." Just unbelievable.

This is the first time I've ever seen this thread and OMG! The first post nearly brought me to tears. :( We will never forget.

I remember reading this thread one year ago..
I can't believe it's been 7 years.

And what made me sick, was many kids in my highschool FORGOT what today was :sad2:

R.I.P those who died, and those who died saving<3

Thanks so much for sharing that! I was in Disney World at the time - had no access to a computer - and didn't return home until September 23rd..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter