Help with vouchers

Dizzy4Dizney

Mother to the Princess
HI,
I bought 14 vouchers for our upcomine 2 trips. I thought it was a good deal until I started searching the menues and found out they are only good deals at Beaches & Cream and the Tangerine Cafe. Can anyone who have used these let me know where and how they got the best deals? We are staying at the Beach Club, Boardwalk and Animal Kingdom.

We used our vouchers at Beaches & Cream, Tangierine Café, the ABC Commissary (MGM) and the Sunshine Season Food Fair (EPCOT). Both B&C and the Tangierine Café were good values. The amount of food they give you at the Tangierine is unbelievable! We pretty much broke even at the Sunshine Season Food Fair and at ABC.

I've eaten at the Pepper Market (Coronado Springs) but not using vouchers. They automatically add a 10% gratuity to the bill for those who dine in rather than take out their food. Using the vouchers covers that gratuity. The food is also very good there and cooked to order.

If you take a look at the second post in the "Everything You Wanted to Know About Connections Meal Vouchers" thread stuck at the top of the board, you'll see that elfbo marked the restaurants that are better deals with an "*". The great deals are marked with "**". For the most part, the better deals are in restaurants located in the resorts, not within the parks.

I like the vouchers for their convenience and the fact that I've prepaid for my meals. I can hand one to DS12 and he doesn't have to try to figure out whether he has enough money in his pocket to buy his meal plus pay the tax on it. (Math is not something he does while on vacation!) He just hands over the voucher and gets his food.

I hope that you're able to use your vouchers to your advantage. With careful planning, you can get a lot for what you paid. But if you go with the expectations that you'll break even or come out a few cents ahead on each meal, you will not be disappointed.

The Pepper Market is our FAVORITE. It's difficult to find a restaurant that has food that pleases all six of us. This one fits the bill nicely. And the portions are more than ample. I don't get too excited about their desserts, but I'm not really a dessert person. The entrees and sides are marvelous.

Sheila

If the vouchers aren't a good deal for you (and not everyone takes time to get to Pepper Market for a great deal, and not everyone eats in a manner that makes them a good deal), you can probably resell them over on the DisAuction board. Plenty of people like them and you'll get takers from the "I didn't want to deal with Hotwire" crowd.

I only bought 10 with me -= more for the prepaid types stuff =- DH saw prices and said "I'm Not Hungry" as usual.

"I have vouchers - lets split something."

I used in POFQ twice - for dinner - BIG bbq rib and chicken platter - had refill mugs so stocked up on the pricey water bottles, and asked to delay dessert - the bannana splits there are big enuff for a family of four to split.

I hated the ABC commissary.

Never got to beaches and cream.

Flame tree bbq was okay.

Food is expensive for a family of four (no little ones) - but if you use the vouchers on the dinner menus = they are good values.
If you use them on the go - they just keep costs in check.

The restuarant in POFQ is the Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory and the vouchers are great there for dinner. Here is what I think I will be having one night:

Pot Roast 9.49
or
Chicken Jambalaya 8.99

Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich 4.99

Sodas $1.99

approx. 17.00

Not bad for my voucher, and from the sounds of pervious posters, I will be able to share that with my mother.

dizzy4dizney: LOVE your countdown calendar. How exactly did you make it. I would love to make one for DS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter