Help with park choices Nov 7-13

vspenn

Earning My Ears
Hello,
This is our first trip to DW and I need help with choosing my park dates.
We are arriving Nov 6 and leaving Nov 14. We are party of 5 - 3 adults (parents +1 grandma) and 2 kids (8 and 4 yo). We have 5 day park hopper+ ticket
Here's what I have so far:
Nov 6 - arrive and Disney Springs
Nov 7 - MK
Nov 8 - Animal Kingdom
Nov 9 - Epcot
Nov 10 - we are changing hotels. rest day, maybe typhoon lagoon (1 adult takes two kids, the other two are packing and moving hotels)
Nov 11 - HS
Nov 12 - rest day
Nov 13 - MK
Questions - doing 3 park days in a row at the start - too aggressive? I would love to do a rest day on Nov 9th, but next day we are moving hotels, so two rest days in a row seems too much.
Nov 11 - Veteran's day. A little worried about it. We can do MK that day. It will be day of Xmas party, so might be lower crowds? In that case, we are leaving HS for last day on 13th. I kind of wanted to leave the last day on 13th as MK both as a final closure but also flexibility to change if we decide we want more time at HS or anywhere else. Regardless where we go on 13th, we might hop to MK for fireworks if kids want (we'll def do fireworks on our first visit to MK).
Genie+ - i think we'll do it for 1st day at MK. maybe HS? trying to avoid doing it for others, unless you tell me we really really should.
Goals - I want to do everything, but I realize with 4yo in tow that's not possible. So we need to strike a balance of doing as much as we can while not completely wearing out the kids. This is out first and last trip for a very very long time. Probably will do another trip in 5 yrs or so once the youngest can do everything. Trying to minimize extras (no fireworks dessert parties, no Xmas party, only do Genies+ where really necessary, etc).
Any other advice? Since we have the +, on the rest days, if kids are up for it, we might go to Typhoon lagoon but ew'll play it by ear depending on energy levels.
location Nov 6-10 at Shades of Green, Nov 10-14 Marriott Cypress Harbour.
thank you!

Are you working with a TA? I only ask because we inquired when the starcruiser guests would be on their excursion to batuu. My thought (just a thought) would be that galaxy's edge would be more crowded on the days they are there...scheduled my HS days around that info.
Hopping helps plan around everything else including midday breaks, especially while you are staying at shades of green.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter