Help with Hotel between DL and Pasadena

mickeyfan1

<font color=purple>Come and let me show you my tat
It looks like I am planning a trip for August 8-12 to see DCI Finals (www.dci.org) and rather than stay in Pasadena, I would like to be 1/2 between there and DL so we (DS almost 30 & I) can do DL/DCA and also see the corps. I have been to DL twice, and know there are plenty of places there, but I also know the traffic SUCKS so I would rather be in the middle and not have to fight it too much going to and from either place.

I know DISers know everything, so I am starting here!

Mickyfan:

I was surprised to see something about DCI on this board. We too are planning a trip "down south" to be there for the finals, but we haven't gotten as far as choosing a hotel. If I remember correctly, there is a DCI website that has a DCI travel agent attached to it somehow. If I have time today, I'll try to find it and send it to you.

Your profile doesn't say where you are from, so I have no clue who your favorite corp is. We belong to the Concord Blue Devils. Long time love affair. My brother marched with them in 1974 - 1976. We were in Philly when they took the championship. It holds wonderful memories for us.

I look forward to seeing more of you on the boards.

Leslye

Leslye, I love the Cadets (Bergen County) and the Cavies. I live in NH, I just love drum corps. I can't really say I have a favorite. I saw finals in Denver a couple of years ago, my son is a percussionist and follows it a lot more than I do, he came up with the plan last night. He wants to see the Solo and Ensemble this time along with the semis and finals. The rest of the days will be either at DL/DCA or whatever. I may just opt for the Residence Inn at DL, I know that area OK, although I am not keen on the driving from the Rose Bowl at midnight back to DL, but he can drive, so I guess it will be fine.

There are quite a few DISers into DC and go to many events. We will have to have a mini meet!

Make sure you hit the Friday night show.......

Anaheim Kingsmen 1972 re-created! Woo Hoo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter