Help with DS, please!

SSDonut

DIS Veteran
OK, looks like we'll be purchasing two DSs--one for DD8 and one for DD10.

Do I have this right? Purchase of DS will include:

DS
Charger
2 stylus'
1 screen protector

And, if a game says "Wireless DS single card play" they both could play with one game, and if it says "Wireless multi_card play" they would each need the game (2 games) to play. . is that right?

I thought I would definitely buy them both Nerf cases, but then I read a review that said it makes the unit bulky and hard to hold, tiring the hands etc., so now I'm back to not sure about that. . .

Do I have this right?

What experience have you had with cases? Any recommendations?

Also, my DD8 wants a "sky blue" one, but I don't think they exist--am I right about that too?

(Boy, I sure want to be "right" don't I??? ;))

Any advice appreciated!!! You guys got me through the Wii purchase last year, so I know you can get me through this!!!! :thumbsup2

THANKS

My 8 year old and 5 year old both have the nerf cases and I love them. Saves from broken ds with all the drops lol. they have not complained about them being to bulky (but that's them) We have had them for almost a year know. :cool1:

DD10 has had her DS for abuot 3 years now. We do not have a nerf case but we did get screen protectors. DD has dropped her DS but there have been no problems with the casing.

A light blue DS does exsist. It jsut acme out in the US about a month ago. prior to that it was a japanese exclusive color. I think it's called ice blue. I have one for myself. Not sure where it's sold but i recall seeing it in ads for best buy, circuit city, etc. It came in a special bundle with brain age.

Good luck

Lara

My wal-mart had a littlest pet shop ds game with a bonus case for the ds. It was 34.99. I would look into a bag or purse for them to keep everyting together in. If you could find a matching cosmetic bag ( if you purchase a purse) they could keep all their games in it. My girls have the Vera Bradley bags we got on sale and I got the matching cosmetic bag for their games. It all fits in one spot. By the way we have had our ds's for 3 years and just last week found out what a nerf case is.

PS extra stylus come in very handy.

We purchased a bundled ds from Sams for our dd8. If you are a member, you can get a good deal with player, 2 games, extra stylus, decorating things, etc. You can order on line for instore pick or delivery.

yes you are correct about the multi play! About the Nerf cases, my 3 younger kids have ds's. They got them at ages 9,8,and 6 (on 6th birthday). We had ONE nerf case and all the kids hate it. We tried a portfolio case, and all the kids hate it. They take the ds OUT, and play it. Knock on wood, no broken ds's, anyway! But we have a rule. You must be SITTING DOWN to play ds. Nobody is allowed to walk around with a ds in their hand, outside of its case. Also, I store most of the games. The kids each have 2 or 3 in their case, and come to me to change outside of those. That way, I make sure no games get lost.

I don't think any of the ds's came with a screen protector, but none of our screens look bad, either. If the stylus is used properly, it seems that the screen holds up well. Mind you, our oldest Ds lite is 1 yr old now.

Sky blue is in some bundles that I've seen, but not sure about sold by itself.

ETA: I store each kid's extra stylus, as well. They are in my jewelry box (might as well, I certainly don't have much JEWELRY to go in there)

The way my dd explains it is that if its a one player game you both will need the game to link together and play. If its a two player game then you can link together and play with just the one game.

Two boys and our DS's get the snot beat out of them. We don't have protective cases and they have held up fine. Knock on wood.

We have the DS backpacks which are great when they remember to put their stuff in them. :thumbsup2

Backpack will hold system, loose games, game cases, adapters and even extra toys they want to cart around. All the major stores (Walmart, etc.) carry them.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3006708

my older 2 boys are finnally getting a ds for chrismtas , have you looked for the 20 in 1 pack it has a case, some finger styles some regular stylus some screen protecters and some game cases, it also comes with a charger that you just place the ds on instead of plugging in the ds and some head phones and the attatchment to hook 2 ds together. I got a great deal about 1 month ago at toys ru .ca where they were on sale for 15 and i got buy 1 get 1 free, they are both in white though, i know that they do come in different colors also

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter